Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2022, 12:52 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,163,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Do liberals actually think Democrats will solve Climate Change? I ask this because CC seems pretty high up in Democrat voters' concerns. Some will tell us that we have less than a decade left on Earth.

And if people think the Democrats have the answers, what do they think the solution is to a climate that is changing?

Also, assuming the solution works, what global mean temperature should we aim for? Is there a number that we can peg success to?

And at what cost are we willing spend, to get to that magic number and at what cost are willing to sacrifice to stabilize the climate at that temperature forever and ever?
There is no such thing as a global mean temperature to aim for and nobody of any political beliefs has all the answers or solutions.

I think climate change is now becoming high on the list of everybody's concerns, not just democrat voters. I seriously doubt that anybody believes that either democrats or republicans are going to solve climate change so I don't think it's a good idea to single out voters of one party, or another, or another. They aren't the only people on the planet.

Climate change is a global concern, it is not an isolated concern of just one country and its politics. Climate change does what it does and it doesn't care and isn't influenced by either isolated politics or global politics.

That means that not just one country gets to make all the decisions and call all the shots about a global mean temperature to strive for or what costs and sacrifices are going to be made to stabilize the climate. As a global concern it means it has to involve decisions and mutual AGREEMENTS on the parts of ALL countries together because it's the entire globe that needs to be stabilized.

If everybody everywhere would just clean up their acts and stop making a mess of the planet then the planet will take care of itself in stabilizing the climate to one that is best suited for the planet as a whole, not just suitable for only humans.

Last edited by Zoisite; 12-31-2022 at 01:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2022, 01:19 AM

24,841 posts, read 9,605,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The earth is 4 billion years old and constantly changing.

Humans are 200,000 years old and think we can play god and stop any change.

The earth will still be here long after humans are gone.
Correct.

Humans who think they can change the weather are crazy.

If all it took was money, the rich gulf countries would’ve paid for their own “weather controlling thermostat” a long time ago.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:13 AM

8,402 posts, read 4,404,158 times
NOTHING is solved by politics. Problems are solved by people working together to find a solution.

Old 12-31-2022, 05:56 AM

18,630 posts, read 8,417,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Yes, follow the science. Scientists say the earth is warming, mostly due to human activity. Scientists don't say that is good or bad. They don't say everyone should buy an EV. Those are political decisions.
and politicians say "we" have to do something.....while China and the developing world can increase their CO2 emissions....the sky's the limit

if it were serious at all.....China and the developing world would not be committing suicide

China and the developing world tell you the truth.....money trumps climate change.....money is more important

..and these politicians prove that

Old 12-31-2022, 06:30 AM

19,754 posts, read 10,197,714 times
I wish I still had the link. A few years ago I read an article by a man who had studied temperature measuring devices all his life. He said to compare the accuracy of a thermometer in 1880, the climate change religion's starting point, to a modern computer monitoring temperature is impossible. He said it could easily vary 2-3 degrees or more.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:33 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,090,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Do liberals actually think Democrats will solve Climate Change? I ask this because CC seems pretty high up in Democrat voters' concerns. Some will tell us that we have less than a decade left on Earth.

And if people think the Democrats have the answers, what do they think the solution is to a climate that is changing?

Also, assuming the solution works, what global mean temperature should we aim for? Is there a number that we can peg success to?

And at what cost are we willing spend, to get to that magic number and at what cost are willing to sacrifice to stabilize the climate at that temperature forever and ever?
In my opinion, it simply serves as a way to make them feel like they're doing their part. Like buying a $1500 plate at a fund raiser to save the spotted owls, knowing full well that it will have no actual effect. They just want to feel like they're ok, and they tried.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:35 AM

45,762 posts, read 27,410,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
`Hoping the scientists can address the problem.
Stop talking and posting about it. Problem solved.

If this is a real problem, they wouldn’t have to keep telling us it’s a problem over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Carbon dioxide presence in the atmosphere as a percentage hasn’t changed. It’s still 0.04%.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:53 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,746,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Climate exists, all changes are natural if you follow the science.
I have followed the science. Closely in fact. It tells me the same thing it tells climate scientists: human activity is causing climate change. You can continue burying your head in the sand if you wish but it won't change anything.

Old 12-31-2022, 07:03 AM

18,630 posts, read 8,417,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I have followed the science. Closely in fact. It tells me the same thing it tells climate scientists: human activity is causing climate change. You can continue burying your head in the sand if you wish but it won't change anything.
so?....it doesn't seem to be a problem....the majority of countries are increasing their CO2 emissions

Old 12-31-2022, 07:15 AM

5,992 posts, read 2,807,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Well in California they didn't "ban" Plastic Bags. They just charge you $0.10 per bag and call them reusable.

Of course if I want a paper bag I get charged the same $0.10...

If I want a Straw I need to ask for one because they apparently need to be treated like some biohazard that restaurants are forced to keep behind lock and key because I *gasp* may take 2 straws and destroy the environment.
Yeah it's funny that plastic straws were replaced with paper straws that lose their rigidity quickly in liquids.

You can't get a plastic straw, because of the Global Warming, Save the Whales crowd, but you sure a shlt can get plastic utensils.

Now that's some Liberal Logic at work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies