Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 07:45 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

"The only way to stop a bad 6 year old with a gun is a good 6 year old with a gun"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2023, 07:58 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If we had a number of instances where young men committed violence with knives I would hope that we would examine what has triggered this violence.

But reality -- in the USA we have a crisis of gun violence not knife violence and wondering what we would do if there was something else seems kind of useless.
Knife violence happens in schools across the country on a daily basis. Virtually none will make the national news, and many instances go unreported—and tragically nowadays, for reasons of so-called "equity." Nobody wants to have a serious conversation about why young men commit violence, why it's on the rise, or even acknowledge basic facts borne of well-established psychology.

Old 01-07-2023, 07:59 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Fox identifies the teacher, who was shot in the chest.

Fox lists three sources who say the students WERE in the classroom when she was shot, which disagrees with the statements given by other media outlets.

https://www.fox3now.com/abby-zwerner...RNZMxZpdkzjfbg
this one also backs up other kids being present.
https://mol.im/a/11608763

Old 01-07-2023, 08:07 AM

7,342 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure the gun is just a tool in the hands of a 6 year old, a problem like no country in the world but ours with the proliferation of guns in the hands of irresponsible gun owners. I wonder if they even needed a license or any safety training. A s6 year old shoots a teacher but guns aren't the problem, they never are.
because some waste of sperm and eggs decided to procreate and be a terrible human being and parent shouldn’t mean that I have to have a rectal exam and take “safety training” and all the other ridiculous disincentive laws dems want to pass to own a gun. where i live guns aren’t a big deal. i hear gunshots regularly from rifles and shotguns. scary stuff!

Old 01-07-2023, 08:13 AM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
For answer as to why this happened: Look at who is raising the child and his home environment.

Where did he get the gun? Maybe an older sibling or from someone in his neighborhood.

For showing that teacher what time it was. For keeping it gangsta. This boy will likely wear the shooting as a badge of honor.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:15 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Ah yes, a gun is an inanimate object. Sort of like that peanut butter sandwich that little Johnny carries with him to school in his lunch box.

What if little Johnny tried to stuff that peanut butter and jelly sandwich down his teacher's throat in a fit of anger? Especially if it were still wrapped????

Would the leftists say we needed to have a conversation about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in this country?

I mean I just proved that Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are the same as a gun.

Checkmate Leftists.
Sure a teacher wouldn't stand a chance against a 6 year old with a peanut jelly sandwich, same as a gun. Both are equally dangerous, I worry about being assaulted by 6 year olds all the time, I steer to the other side of the street.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:18 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure a teacher wouldn't stand a chance against a 6 year old with a peanut jelly sandwich, same as a gun. Both are equally dangerous, I worry about being assaulted by 6 year olds all the time, I steer to the other side of the street.
Given the easy access so many kids seem to have to guns these days, maybe we should start being worried.

But no, we don't have a gun problem here. Nope. Not at all...

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
How can anyone blame a six year old, one who is just out of diapers. No, this is all on the parents. I bet this kid is allowed to play all those violent video games, where you shoot and kiil the bad guy, and then he returns for a new game.

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Given the easy access so many kids seem to have to guns these days, maybe we should start being worried.

But no, we don't have a gun problem here. Nope. Not at all...
We don't have a gun problem; we have a people problem.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We don't have a gun problem; we have a people problem.
We have a too many people having easy access to too many guns problem. Take away the guns and that problem goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies