Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 03:47 PM

3,511 posts, read 2,809,234 times

Advertisements

Well once again a idiot Globalist Governor makes a new stupid restriction on private businesses.

DeSantis pretends that he's a Conservative but he's nothing but a Big Government Marxist. And as usual the sheep go right along with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 03:47 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,327,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
95% of business in Florida don't have to use E-Verify. Only businesses that are contracted to provide products or services to the State of Florida goverment are required to use E-Verify.

If DeSantis was serious about illegals working in Florida, he'd push for E-Verify to be mandated by all Florida businesses.
It exempts agriculture and businesses with fewer than 10 employees. They changed the law in 2019.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:48 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 18 days ago)

36,101 posts, read 18,359,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except it wasn’t an observation. It was a guaranteed claim.

Except your own eyes don’t mean anything, much like your unfounded claims the you won’t provide proof to. They’re speculation, assumptions, allegations, etc… If one doesn’t want to be questioned to such claims don’t make them without providing proof.
Excuse me? I'm not guaranteeing ANYTHING. What would that even look like? I'm right, or I owe you 200 bucks?

This is a conversation.

And if you honestly don't think that truly removing undocumented workers from employment in Florida won't have devastating affects on the service industries, well, listen and learn.

ErieGuy, if your signature is correct, you live in an area with 1.6% hispanic people. You have no idea what the economies are like when the service industries are run largely by undocumented hispanic workers. You aren't experiencing it.

19,479 posts, read 15,374,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
A couple years ago, a friend who lives in Atlanta, said that contractors would drive through Home Depot and ask in Spanish, who wants to work for $20 a day? He said they would fight to get in the truck.
Not fair to us or them either.
Yeah, it's like a running joke here. Been happening for decades. They stand around in groups every morning in the Home Depot parking lot and wait for work.

41,015 posts, read 18,358,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Let's see. Let's meet back here in two years, and if DeSantis has made good on his threat that all businesses must be everify compliant (and I would actually like that rule to go further - they need to have no undocumented workers receiving wages, not just document they're "everify compliant"), let's see the howls of landscaping and housekeeping companies. Or see that there's no change in the number of landscaping businesses and housekeeping companies.
More deflection and refusal to answer questions trying to buy yourself time so as to not answer them. These businesses prosper all over the country and Florida is no different who’s working for them.

Where’s the proof to your claim of folks in Maine not hiring crews of house painters and lawn cutters, as it has zero to do with Florida?

Old 01-16-2023, 03:50 PM

1,213 posts, read 574,298 times
This guy is great. A true American.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:51 PM

9,409 posts, read 7,057,582 times
DeSantis keeps winning and winning and winning

Old 01-16-2023, 03:51 PM

18,867 posts, read 8,533,232 times
Quote:
And if you honestly don't think that truly removing undocumented workers from employment in Florida won't have devastating affects on the service industries, well, listen and learn.
if you would read the link...there's only 6 businesses in Florida in non-compliance

National Red Cross is one of them

Old 01-16-2023, 03:52 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,327,240 times
Quote:
I don't know that "middle income earners" across the country do afford these services at the rate that Texans do.

I know for a fact that in Maine, it's much less common to have crews do your lawn mowing and house painting. They do it themselves. And the illegal population in Maine is very low.

How do I know these workers are illegals? I'm not dumb. And also, they're skinny. When you see a bunch of young skinny Mexican descent men talking to each other in Spanish and playing Mexican music on a landscaping crew, they're illegals.
dear enlightened ClaraC, gone to the dark side of profiling and stereotyping.

Tell us about how much time you've spent in Maine during a variety of months over the last 2 years, since you "know for a fact". Does a Maine house typically have the same growing period as Texas? Landscaping (mow blow and go) needs?

Old 01-16-2023, 03:52 PM

41,015 posts, read 18,358,570 times
Quote:
Excuse me? I'm not guaranteeing ANYTHING. What would that even look like? I'm right, or I owe you 200 bucks?

This is a conversation.

You’re in such a hurry for that gotcha moment that you can’t even understand the guarantee was made by the other poster that they have no proof of…and I wouldn’t trust you to have 200 bucks to pay.

Another assumption, and you’ve provided nothing to be able to listen and learn from you. Just unfounded claims with nothing to back them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies