Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 04:31 AM

1,875 posts, read 650,616 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-parent.html
Kaye acknowledged the ways in which the Chinese Communist Party would insert itself into family life, be it by controlling what her kids ate or by dictating the number of hours they should sleep at night.
I fled from communism, became a citizen, then a veteran. Now I see Marxism openly celebrated in the US Congress and American political and cultural elites looks to China for guidance.

The want to be 'looked after' or 'tended' is intellectually strong in the American Left. The failure of the Soviet Union did not deterred them. Now China is the next model. Look at the collusion of the Democratic Party, the tech leaders, and the media. The Chinese model of governance is what they are after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 04:37 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Thing is, China is actually spiral dynamics stage red/blue with some orange, it's really a socially conservative culture, probably not one the average leftist would want to live in. They just like to romanticize about things different from what they have, and things they don't really understand. They live in a world of fantasy and ideals, not practical reality. After reading the article, it did address Chinese culture. So leftists want this... Do they really?

They want an authoritarian government to tell them what to think? Why don't they listen to conservatives and obey the 10 commandments then? I don't think they know what they really want, they just want different from what they have, also known as grass is always greener syndrome. They are media controlled zombies swallowing the narratives fed to them by pop culture and social media, as we all are to some degree.

Last edited by sholomar; 01-19-2023 at 04:46 AM..

Old 01-19-2023, 04:38 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
"The left" will tell you they do not support communism/marxism/etc. They will tell you these are merely boogeymen used by conservatives to scare you. So it's quite difficult to have an intellectually honest conversation with them about this.

But I don't think the American left has a crush on China itself. Nor do they have a crush on the Chinese style of communism, which incorporates a fair bit of capitalism. The left just wants to use it, like they use everything/everyone else in this world. China has been used to keep US inflation down for many decades. These are business decisions made by consumers and corporations alike, not necessarily leftists.

Old 01-19-2023, 04:38 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Kaye acknowledged the ways in which the Chinese Communist Party would insert itself into family life, be it by controlling what her kids ate or by dictating the number of hours they should sleep at night.
I fled from communism, became a citizen, then a veteran. Now I see Marxism openly celebrated in the US Congress and American political and cultural elites looks to China for guidance.

The want to be 'looked after' or 'tended' is intellectually strong in the American Left. The failure of the Soviet Union did not deterred them. Now China is the next model. Look at the collusion of the Democratic Party, the tech leaders, and the media. The Chinese model of governance is what they are after.
Yeah, I think the CCP has strongly influenced much of our tech companies and had influence in our universities for some time. They use social media to influence opinions that either favor them or cause divisive destruction in the USA, it's working very well for them.

After living and working in China, I see several benefits of their system including the fact that once the CCP decides to do anything, they can go full scale without any threats of interference from other stakeholders. The problem is when they have bad leadership, like during Mao's day, there's no way to throw the bums out.

Old 01-19-2023, 04:47 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:

Where is China "attractive" to the "left?"

Is that what you are referring to...?

https://tinyurl.com/4xy7s58r

Old 01-19-2023, 04:47 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yeah, I think the CCP has strongly influenced much of our tech companies and had influence in our universities for some time. They use social media to influence opinions that either favor them or cause divisive destruction in the USA, it's working very well for them.

After living and working in China, I see several benefits of their system including the fact that once the CCP decides to do anything, they can go full scale without any threats of interference from other stakeholders. The problem is when they have bad leadership, like during Mao's day, there's no way to throw the bums out.

A lot of Chinese love Mao and feel he did may great things for China. He broke the addiction to opium that was ravaging so much of the population. He got the ball rolling on the industrialization of China. He made a lot of hard choices, and any time a leader is forced to make hard choices, some will hate the leader, and possibly some will love the leader. So I think it's hard to really say how Mao is viewed over there because some love him, and some are probably afraid to criticize him.

Chinese are very result orientated. They don't care so much how you get it done, so long as you get it done. And Mao got a lot done, so to speak.

Many conservatives wouldn't mind if our nation's drug addicts were suddenly disappeared. If someone like Mao hit the scene here, he could find support among some hardcore/hardline conservatives if they promoted such a thing. Someone like Mao could gain traction here on the left if they proposed doing those horrible things to Trumpers just the same. Every nation has it's radicals/extremists on each end of the spectrum.

Old 01-19-2023, 05:18 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
I like how you tie the "left" to embracing the Chinese form of government when all we see is the right embracing authoritarian style of leadership with no questioning of their actions or questioning what they say. You blame "tech" and "media" all while using them to create an echo chamber to get the rights message across but you can't blame either one when fearless leader is posting his thoughts directly on it so the only one to blame is the poster.

As an outsider the designer found this support appealing, unlike the US model where you have a child your given a few days supplies and out the door you go, your on your own.

Last edited by VA Yankee; 01-19-2023 at 06:18 AM..

Old 01-19-2023, 05:32 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Default Does lefty democrats know….

China started a nationwide limit on video games a couple years ago. The limit is three hours per week for kids. Do democrats that love China realize the extreme limitations put in place such as this one? How could they still admire these type of limitations? There of course are many more but examples are everywhere, they are widely known.

Old 01-19-2023, 05:48 AM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
China started a nationwide limit on video games a couple years ago. The limit is three hours per week for kids. Do democrats that love China realize the extreme limitations put in place such as this one? How could they still admire these type of limitations? There of course are many more but examples are everywhere, they are widely known.
Many aspects of CCP rule fits perfectly with American conservatives. Law and order and tough on crime. Zero tolerance to any illegal drug use. Censorship of hollywood movies that contain sexual content.

Point is both sides can cheery pick facts that make either the American left or right in line with the CCP. China is not the USA and does not mirror exactly the left or right on this country.

Old 01-19-2023, 06:15 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:

Balony! China is the current "Hate" Kool-aid drink of choice for both the left and the right in America. The reality is that China is a convenient scapegoat for both sides as these Americans compete in their domestic mudslinging contest, and it's understandable because China's economy has reached more than 80% of the US economy, and historically, any country with an economy that approach 70% of the American GDP becomes the "Bete-Noire" of American politics and social media. China is way pass the 70% mark and it seems unstoppable. The US knocked out both the USSR and Japan in the 20th century (the USSR imploded and the Japanese economy tanked in the 1990's and remains sluggish and weak today, having grown very little), but it looks like China will be a different case from both the Soviet and Japanese cases. Hence both the left and right in the US will do anything at this point in desperation to smear China and create a massive demon out of the country and its people to galvanize the American population and divert very obvious domestic problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies