Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 01:05 PM

6,455 posts, read 2,778,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's only 2 nights out of the entire year. And it does say people who "identify" as black, so guessing anyone can go. But it's intent is the same as when "women only" health clubs open, for women who don't feel comfortable working out in front of men.
No.

So what if it is only 1 Night or 364 nights a year? Does that make it any less discriminatory? What would happen if 1 day a year a black person was forbidden from entering a store because it was a "Whites Only" day? Try that for even 1 Hour and see the uproar it would cause.

According to your statement not anyone can go, only if they identify as black. I don't "Identify" as black so I apparently am not welcomed even though I may be interested in seeing it. And the only reason I would be not welcomed because of my race.

Comfortable? I don't even think you realize what you are saying. Segregation a few decades ago was because we were told that "Whites" didn't feel comfortable around "Blacks". Yet here we are several decades later proposing the same exact thing for the same reasons. This isn't about gender, but even the Government has made that a non-issue by telling women that they must accept any man in their gym, locker room, or restroom as long as they say they are a woman.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:13 PM

4,355 posts, read 2,267,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
No.

So what if it is only 1 Night or 364 nights a year? Does that make it any less discriminatory? What would happen if 1 day a year a black person was forbidden from entering a store because it was a "Whites Only" day? Try that for even 1 Hour and see the uproar it would cause.

According to your statement not anyone can go, only if they identify as black. I don't "Identify" as black so I apparently am not welcomed even though I may be interested in seeing it. And the only reason I would be not welcomed because of my race.

Comfortable? I don't even think you realize what you are saying. Segregation a few decades ago was because we were told that "Whites" didn't feel comfortable around "Blacks". Yet here we are several decades later proposing the same exact thing for the same reasons. This isn't about gender, but even the Government has made that a non-issue by telling women that they must accept any man in their gym, locker room, or restroom as long as they say they are a woman.
Trivial to normalize is the go to strategy of the woke left.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:18 PM

17,862 posts, read 7,071,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
No.

Those that don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.

Excellent post!

Old 01-24-2023, 01:59 PM

51,312 posts, read 36,963,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
"Women only" health clubs is not a "thing" anymore. If you don't feel comfortable working out, showering, dressing, in front of the opposite sex, think "home gym".

Exactly.

Also, black population in Quebec is 5.1%, so next should be something for the Arab population as they have nearly as many at 3.4%

https://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...4%20per%20cent.

,The only issue I have with it is that if they were to have a "White Night" play, the place would go up in flames in the USA.

If one group can segregate, all groups should be able to do it. I do not and never will support segregation though. If you are an exclusive "something" group, I will not be a part of that group, not race, not ethnicity, not gender identity, not biological sex.............and I don't associate with people that believe in segregation either.
They aren't segregating though. It specifically says no one will be turned away, someone posted it not that long ago. They aren't actually going to ban white people. C'mon now.

Old 01-24-2023, 02:13 PM

6,014 posts, read 2,821,552 times
Racial Segregation has returned in our WOKE colleges right here in the USA.

We now have dorms that only house BIPOCs.

I thought we moved passed this, but the Democrats really want it. Looks like the Dems are returning to their old ways, yet again!

Old 01-24-2023, 02:14 PM

6,014 posts, read 2,821,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Have no fear! Just identify as Black and the doors will open

Then switch to identifying as a Woman for half price shots at Ladies Night!
I'm considering moving to SF, identifying as Black and living there for 10 years to qualify for the $5 million payout and $97,000 per year thereafter!

10 year plan to make $5 million? Yeah it's worth it!

Old 01-24-2023, 03:07 PM

7,111 posts, read 2,797,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Shouldn't Canada be kowtowing to its indigenous peoples instead of blacks.
Exactly. Blacks have an entire continent they can migrate to feel "comfortable".

Old 01-24-2023, 09:51 PM

3,650 posts, read 3,453,896 times
I'm Canadian, resident in Canada, and I must have missed the memo on "Canada is reintroducing racial segregation."

Seriously, this is one privately-run theatre (with a seating capacity of just over 2000), in one city, for two nights this year. Certainly not Canada as a whole, and the Canadian government has no involvement. That would lie with the theatre's artistic director, who would have made the choice to perform this production, and allow the producers to state terms as to who the audience was intended to be.

Therefore, it doesn't seem to me that "Canada"--all 3.9 million square miles, and 37 million people--is doing anything of the sort as "reintroducing racial segregation." Remember: one privately-run theatre, one city, two nights, that only just over 4000 people can attend.

In other words, this is, to keep things theatrical and quoting Shakespeare, "much ado about nothing."

Old 01-25-2023, 02:15 AM

7,558 posts, read 3,676,160 times
all in a place where the prime minister wore blackface. will he attend too, or is he not considered?

Old 01-25-2023, 02:43 AM

515 posts, read 259,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The tortured logic to justify the dictionary definition of racism is amazing.

On second thought have the liberals rewrote the dictionary definition of racism yet?
Absolutely they already have..

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/us/di...rnd/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies