Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 08:27 AM

29,536 posts, read 14,684,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
B]

All cultures - blacks, white, Asians, Muslims, Hispanics, Jews- Christian’s, democrats and republicans have racists amongst them — but No minority in this country has been given more financial help, constant coddling and attention, more legs up and help culturally, socially, financially and educationally than blacks.
I won't argue this.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:34 AM

45,455 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
people should take a look at the link North Beach posted, and try taking the sample tests. i probably could have aced those back in the day but now, no way.
I often told my students in a middle/upper middle class high school in the "wealthiest, best educated majority minority school system in the US" DC suburb that I couldn't have graduated with the requirements they had imposed by the State of Maryland.

Algebra II was a graduation requirement for the third Math with no non-Algebra substitute offered. I failed that sucker big time 50+ years ago. Fortunately we had another Math for Seniors we could take.

The High School Assessments were ridiculous. Pearson Educ..........excuse me, the developers of the tests broke just about every rule there was when making tests.

The Local, State and National Government tests referenced current officeholders and pending legislation, the Biology one had Chemistry on it, which the students hadn't been exposed to yet. Just problem after problem. That doesn't include the questions where they listed two correct answers or the ones where no correct answer was listed, although that was more of a problem with the practice tests.

FutureMauian, I believe it was, mentioned the transition away from paper and pencil tests to screens with no scratch paper to do calculations on so all the figuring had to be done mentally.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:34 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
This is the consequence of decades of victim mentality so ingrained now in this culture by democrats that every wrong behavior is ignored and taught it’s not their fault— they are victims of systemic racism and oppression and police brutality, and held back by white privilege bla bla blah….
No emphasis on personal responsibility or moral integrity or connecting the dots between education opportunities and success.
Yep. It's the invisible to lefties racist bigotry of low expectations. How lefties don't see it is beyond me. It smacks us all right in the face.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:54 AM

9,902 posts, read 4,666,395 times
Another school system not teaching just producing graduates with worthless diplomas. Time spent grooming and brainwashing not helping. They probably learn more excuses than subject matter.

'Graduating' in the real world will be a different story.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:59 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,817,917 times
At least Maryland isn’t in the list of the States whose students in aggregate score the worst on Math tests. Yeah, Baltimore has issues, but let’s not pretend they’re the only ones.

Bottom 5:

5. Alabama
4. Delaware
3. Oklahoma
2. West Virginia
1. New Mexico

https://247wallst.com/special-report...ath-tests/amp/

Last edited by UNC4Me; 02-10-2023 at 09:15 AM..

Old 02-10-2023, 09:18 AM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
At least Maryland isn’t in the list of the States whose students in aggregate score the worst on Math tests. Yeah, Baltimore has issues, but let’s not pretend they’re the only ones.

Bottom 5:

5. Alabama
4. Delaware
3. Oklahoma
2. West Virginia
1. New Mexico

https://247wallst.com/special-report...ath-tests/amp/
But the thread is not about the state; it's about Baltimore.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:22 AM

27,602 posts, read 28,706,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
And yet Maryland isn’t in the list of the States whose students in aggregate score the worst on Math tests. Yeah, Baltimore has issues, but let’s not pretend they’re the only ones.
In Maryland, people are highly conscious about the school ratings in the district where they live.

Parents with kids in school routinely "shop around" for the right schools. They often relocate for that reason alone. And of course, they send them to private school if they can afford it.

That is par for the course in the entire DC-Baltimore area.

I suppose it's that way in other states too.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:28 AM

24,664 posts, read 9,487,472 times
Quote:
B]
All cultures - blacks, white, Asians, Muslims, Hispanics, Jews- Christian’s, democrats and republicans have racists amongst them — but No minority in this country has been given more financial help, constant coddling and attention, more legs up and help culturally, socially, financially and educationally than blacks.
Correct. America even elected a black man as president, for 8 years, something that no other developed country has ever done.

Black Americans are the lottery winners of the African diaspora. While the descendants of slaves in Haiti, Cuba, and Brazil are struggling to survive, the descendants of slaves in America are demanding six figure reparations, kneeling for the flag, getting prisoner swaps with Russian arms dealers, demanding critical race theory, enriching race hustlers, enrichingd BLM, demanding more black history classes, demanding unarmed police, demanding more handouts, more free crap, and blaming everyone else when they can’t get it.

Old 02-10-2023, 10:23 AM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In Maryland, people are highly conscious about the school ratings in the district where they live.

Parents with kids in school routinely "shop around" for the right schools. They often relocate for that reason alone. And of course, they send them to private school if they can afford it.

That is par for the course in the entire DC-Baltimore area.

I suppose it's that way in other states too.
Absolutely. It wasn't until I retired and my son was in college that I didn't have to worry about the school district when looking for a home.

Old 02-10-2023, 10:39 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
B]

No minority has been through what Blacks have been through. Blacks weren't even considered human beings at one point in this country's history. Black Americans have been here from the very beginning. Only from the late 1960s and after have Blacks been given the same 1st class citizenship as anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies