Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2023, 07:04 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The training’s focus is on exactly what the name suggests: Deeply ingrained prejudice toward people of different races. There is no room for debate, for the law states baldly: “Implicit bias, meaning the attitudes or internalized stereotypes that affect our perceptions, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner, exists.”…

Many of my friends and colleagues ask why I’m so upset by the law. Clearly, implicit bias training isn’t meant for me. It’s aimed at White people, who are far and away the biggest share of the medical profession. My answer is simple. I reject the unscientific accusation that people are defined by their race, not by their individual beliefs and choices. It is little consolation that studies are finding implicit bias training has no effect on its intended targets, and might even make matters worse.
Quote:
She concludes, “Why are we going back to the days when race defined so many lives and dimmed so many futures?” That’s a great question. I wish more doctors in California were brave enough to ask it.
Link: https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/02/...fornia-n532657

Fantastic! This country desperately needs more people like Dr. Marilyn Singleton, and less race hustlers/victimhood peddlers like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and every other elected Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 07:10 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times
This is great. We need more minorities to speak against this.

I had to take some implicit bias quizzes as part of a grad program I was in (ethics class). I took a variety of these (religion, race, LGBT topics, etc.) and the only bias I showed was for Christianity over Islam…and as a Christian, that makes sense.

Many of my liberal classmates did show a bias and they were all so surprised by it bc they were so used to virtue signaling that they truly believed it eliminated unconscious biases to be overtly “anti-racist” or an “ally.”

Those of us who are libertarian or conservative seem to go out of our way to walk the walk of judging on merits rather than superficial things. When you are used to not seeing skin color first, there is no room for implicit bias.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
This is really good.

That racial obsession has come rushing back — in academia, politics, business and even in my beloved medical profession. But now it’s coming from the opposite direction. The malignant false assumption that Black people are inherently inferior intellectually has been traded in for the malignant false assumption that White people are inherently racist.

And who pushes both of those assumptions? The people (mostly liberals) who seek to divide the country.

"black people are inherently inferior intellectually" - That's what the liberal/union public education system has fostered in many black dominant school districts.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:16 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is great. We need more minorities to speak against this.

I had to take some implicit bias quizzes as part of a grad program I was in (ethics class). I took a variety of these (religion, race, LGBT topics, etc.) and the only bias I showed was for Christianity over Islam…and as a Christian, that makes sense.

Many of my liberal classmates did show a bias and they were all so surprised by it bc they were so used to virtue signaling that they truly believed it eliminated unconscious biases to be overtly “anti-racist” or an “ally.”

Those of us who are libertarian or conservative seem to go out of our way to walk the walk of judging on merits rather than superficial things. When you are used to not seeing skin color first, there is no room for implicit bias.
Yes, especially regarding the bolded part of your post.

This relentless and constant focus on race by the Democrat Party has caused great damage to our country and it will continue to cause great damage until it is soundly and wholeheartedly rejected.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:21 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Earlier this week, there was another thread where I mentioned that the authoritarians want people to believe them over people's own senses in what we experience through our own eyes and ears. The doctor points it out here.

In any case, as Marilyn Singleton points out, there are negative consequences of requiring this training. It puts black doctors in the position of having to always be suspect of their white colleagues, something that her decades of experience working with white doctors tells her isn’t necessary. She writes that she’s only ever experienced racism on the job once and that came from a patient not a doctor.

Her experience says there's very little racism.

She has to be trained to be racist. They are training people to judge people solely on race. Kids get this training and they are not equipped to effectively dismiss this - so they do what kids do, fight back to try and stop what they have been trained to perceive as evil.

----------------------------

FYI - the full WaPo opinion piece is here for those who can access.

I’m a Black physician, and I’m appalled by mandated implicit bias training

She also said...

There is a sad irony in all this, because the misguided focus on racism is intended to improve the health and well-being of Black patients in particular.

There's no irony here. There's no misguided-ness here.

The intent is continued divisiveness. People need to understand this. This type of racism is not designed to bring about unity. Stop assuming they mean well with these types of racial regulations and trainings.

Think about the multitude of racial attacks where black people attack white people out of the blue. Have you ever heard any calls from the authoritarians to stop these attacks? No. Because that's what they want.

When the white person attacks the black person - Pelosi will go and find the Kente cloth she bought from Amazon in 2020 and will find a camera to kneel in front of.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 02-23-2023 at 07:39 AM..

Old 02-23-2023, 07:31 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is really good.

That racial obsession has come rushing back — in academia, politics, business and even in my beloved medical profession. But now it’s coming from the opposite direction. The malignant false assumption that Black people are inherently inferior intellectually has been traded in for the malignant false assumption that White people are inherently racist.

And who pushes both of those assumptions? The people (mostly liberals) who seek to divide the country.

"black people are inherently inferior intellectually" - That's what the liberal/union public education system has fostered in many black dominant school districts.

Given what we are seeing coming out of inner city schools this seems to be correct. Instead of challenging the black kids they are lowering the standards because "math is racist". The Democrats are not only bringing back racism but they are also bringing back a slave era mandate that it was illegal to educate your slaves. The white Dems are doing this so they can blame every white person and guilt us into feeling bad for something we didn't do while lifting up black people as victims that need help.

It really is crazy what the Left is doing in this country.

As this black doctor said, she only experienced racism once and that was from a patient not her fellow workers.

Racism has been dying a slow death in this country and we should be asking ourselves why the Democrats are working so hard to bring it back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies