Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 02:46 PM

4,521 posts, read 5,080,605 times

Advertisements

The last person I'd ask an opinion of, or take their reasoning on anything would be a professor. They do not live in the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2023, 02:46 PM

10,036 posts, read 5,746,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
But the article didn't say how I was eating the chicken wrong. Whatever shall I do????

I just don't get it. The sharing of food is one of the historical ways of exchanging cultures. Am I supposed to not like things that taste good because I don't have the right color skin?
Take Britain's example: they conquered half the world in search of spices yet still declined to use any in their cuisine.

Old 03-09-2023, 02:48 PM

6,809 posts, read 3,059,543 times
Useless degree Majors like this Author are just demonstrating that , If this kind of nit picky inane stuff is racism, then there is no racism. lol. They're killing the word.

This attempt is actually belittling the Big racism that we can all get behind to stomp out when/if it occurs.

Good job College.

Old 03-09-2023, 02:49 PM

15,175 posts, read 8,692,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I guess you're right on that! I think I'm seeing it clearly where I'm at.

There ya go. Such racial sensitivity progress might qualify you for your 2nd place trophy in virtue signaling!

Old 03-09-2023, 02:51 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
But the article didn't say how I was eating the chicken wrong. Whatever shall I do????

I just don't get it. The sharing of food is one of the historical ways of exchanging cultures. Am I supposed to not like things that taste good because I don't have the right color skin?
This thread kind of reminds me of how the wokeholes started sniveling and complaining about cultural appropriation nonsense.

In my world it's a high compliment to said culture to enjoy the food, customs, traditions, the clothing. The whole bit.

People don't partake in things that they dislike or despise.

Old 03-09-2023, 03:10 PM

38,281 posts, read 22,312,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/profes...n-racial-issue

Total unadulterated bull crap!!

I eat food from almost every ethic group and race. Am I a racist? Absolutely not!
Later, Abad claimed that "tanning" is "sexualized in a certain way," recounting that her students had discussed pop star Ariana Grande "performing in brownface in terms of her aesthetic, which she can as an Italian-American."

In some countries a person with browner skin is not preferred, because this indicates the person is of the lower working class, a laborer, who is browned from the sun, because they work outside. Meanwhile they feel a lighter skinned person is an indication that they can afford to remain indoors, and hire other people to toil in the sun for them.

In western nations, having a tan indicates that you are probably healthier, because you are exercising and performing activities out in the sun. Someone with a light brown complexion makes the person appear to be healthier, in the eyes of some Western cultures.

There are any number of reasons a person might choose whether being tanned from exposure to the sun is preferable, or not. Apparently this professor wants just one universal answer to how we look and the foods we eat, and all the answer are obsessed with people's race.

Last edited by Wapasha; 03-09-2023 at 03:23 PM..

Old 03-09-2023, 03:15 PM

20,496 posts, read 12,428,819 times
America, I give you the Progressive LEFT...

Old 03-09-2023, 04:12 PM

4,942 posts, read 3,370,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She might be onto something there......KFC perfume could be a big seller.
Maybe 25 years ago... before they did whatever they did to wreck it.

Old 03-09-2023, 04:26 PM

4,346 posts, read 2,255,238 times
The sickness of the woke mind virus infecting society is directly traceable and attributed to liberal art professors.

Just like the china bug that was created in a lab and purposely released, woke was created in academia and purposely released into society to rip it apart.

Liberal arts "professors" are to blame and should be held accountable.

Old 03-09-2023, 04:40 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,127,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/profes...n-racial-issue

Total unadulterated bull crap!!

I eat food from almost every ethic group and race. Am I a racist? Absolutely not!

Is there truly nothing that the Left will not turn into a racial issue?

I love soul food, some of the best chicken you'll ever had was made by a little old black lady in my home town that loved everyone regardless of what color they were. ...... Everyone ate there, Blacks, Whites Hispanics..... Until the city put her out of business for not being able to afford her taxes.

Maybe that was racist, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies