Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 10:27 PM

712 posts, read 1,367,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
You're not really making a point- you're making up straw men. If the earth was 100% filled with gays and lesbians people would still procreate as necessary.
But they would not do it in a natural way. Meaning they could not do it with a penis entering a vagina.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:29 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,574,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Stop "merely saying" things and do some research and thinking: homosexuality exists in nature, in humans, and it is there without human intervention. It is entirely natural. It also serves an important role: it leaves members of a society either unencumbered by having to raise offspring, therefore leaving them as full time providers, and on the flip side it puts them into position to step in and take care of the offspring of unfortunate or irresponsible heterosexuals. Consider homosexuals the flex members of society, the hybrid population. This has been documented in nature and in our own society.

For your education:
YouTube - Homosexuality in Animals

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's true, homosexual behavior is widely known w/chimps...& sorry to break it to ya folks, but chimps have the closest DNA w/us humans.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:30 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,971,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I am not out of line. If you ask the questions, then expect truthful and honest answers. Flamboyant behavior, regardless of sexual orientation, race, gender, etc, is going to attract negative stares. When I see a guy walking down a street in public like a girl, I am automatically going to assume negative things about him. It is human nature. If I am served by a guy with an effeminate lisp at a restaurant, I am automatically going to make assumptions. This is how most people are.
It sure is how most people are. This level of judgementalism isn't something I'd be proud of, however. It appears you are (perhaps I'm incorrect?)

Quote:
It is very valid and acceptable in our society, and personally I am glad people question such behavior instead of taking the liberal mindset to it. It should not be acceptable or smiled upon.
For what reason?

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
What is your point? That gay sex is unnatural? You're right, it's not. So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Do you think it is "great" when a man cheats on his wife (or vice versa) and the kid alot of times ends up a victim by the whole experience of his crappy parents just because they wanted sex with another party? Have all the sex you want when you are single, but at least be faithful to your significant other.
Well, duh! Was I saying that cheating on your partner was a good idea? Um,no. I have no respect for that.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
But they would not do it in a natural way. Meaning they could not do it with a penis entering a vagina.
Um, yeah they could. I've had sex w/a gay man.....oh no, how evil does that make me???? So yep, you're reasoning actually has no reason to it.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
As long as that norm is shared by a large portion of people, you have a right to it.

Norms, morals, etc are not relative.
Wait... per the bolded part norms are relative (as majority opinions and practices shift so do norms).

Morals are also relative- see social development throughout the ages. Take slavery, torture, execution methods, and the beating of wives as examples.

Quote:
In a liberal world, everything is relative and can be questioned. I think that is a large problem in our country today.
In reality everything is relative and is constantly questioned. See above.

Quote:
Morals, norms, etc are usually absolutes, and aren't to be questioned. We all know what they are and why they are, but people want to change them anyway to suit their own perverted needs. Oh well.
See above.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
A same sex couple COULD reproduce, but they would need to enlist the help of outside sources to do so such as sperm donors or such. I do know several same sex couples that have kids and I think they do a great job as parents, this I do not have a problem with. The problem I have is a certain portion (several notorious posters on this thread) think that those who are hetero are evil and sex should only be for fun. I don't think those "people" have a grasp on reality.
Huh? I so did not pick up that people thought that heteros are evil and that sex should be only for fun.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:38 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,231,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Sometimes you can buy a brand new TV in the store, take it home and plug it in and it doesnt work. Is that normal? No, it happens as this could of been an oversite at the factory quality control or damaged during shipping. Accidents happen. TV is designed to work right out of the box, sometimes like the examples I just gave, they dont.

The same thing happens with human births. Every now and then a child is born with an extra limb or something missing or some sort of birth defect like being gay or lesbian. We dont know why this happens yet. Of course we cant take them back. We have to love the kids as parents no matter what. But the point is that it is NOT normal and should not be glorified. One day there will be a "cure".

Whether you believe in God or not. After all, we as humans are designed to reproduce, are we not?

This point of view has nothing to do with political or religious views. It is just logical thinking. Prove me wrong if you disagree.
What I find MOST interesting is the strange need some folks feel to express why they believe they are superior to other folks due to genetic circumstances.

My admiration is to folks who achieve and build constructive and helpful lives, no matter their genetic predispositions.

My disdain is to those with obsessive desires to put down others, be it from sexual orientation, deformities, race, religion or being "vertically challenged".

To me, those who focus on negatively labeling others, vs optimizing their own potential and valuing the capabilities and contributions of others, are the truly diseased.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:40 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,867,178 times
This is the most ignorant thing I have read in this forum. Being gay does not affect the ability to reproduce. many gay people have children... The assumption a straight way is the only way is ludicrous. To imply being gay is some how a defect.... The only defect is the way you put this together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies