Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2023, 06:26 AM

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
The shooter picked this school because it had lower security then her other choices.
Yes they will harden that school and hire more security, that will make them safe.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:31 AM

11,195 posts, read 10,777,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes they will harden that school and hire more security, that will make them safe.
Why do you want to keep schools available as soft targets for the mentally ill?

Old 04-04-2023, 06:36 AM

12,506 posts, read 8,283,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Why do you want to keep schools available as soft targets for the mentally ill?

I think every interest group thinks that their main focus will be what gets society to utopia. Few want to push for an integrated approach, especially if their pet solution is not in the forefront, that will only help but not eliminate the problem.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:39 AM

8,440 posts, read 4,621,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Then wouldn't it make sense to harden and hire more security for other schools before this sort of thing happens to them?

Old 04-04-2023, 08:49 AM

15,191 posts, read 8,730,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
To say something is indisputable and not subject to debate is a bit strong, imho.

Saying it is faked and then using said 'faked' video as evidence that it is indisputable seems at odds.

The footage was filmed with a potato. Watch it in motion , there are all kinds of artifacts. Trash low light sensors and wonky refresh rates will do that. This is where most of those "Ghosts caught on Camera" evidence comes from.

If ya wanna say they are abusing this tragedy to push more gun control, fine,..I do agree with that. . Even something like planting people online to 'brainwash' push this individual to commit the act I can maybe entertain if we wanna delve into tinfoil land.

But the Hollywood angle seems weak to me. we have normies online making realistic pope deepfakes. They could do a better job. Or we can say they made it trash on purpose to red herring conspiracy theorists.
Apparently, you don’t understand what the still image posted actually shows, and the implications. It shows a totally different contrast detail between the foreground image of the foot/shoe, and the surrounding background that has no detail whatsoever. That’s not possible, get it? It’s NOT POSSIBLE. The only way this can occur is if the foreground is an overlay composite on top of a background that has its own contrast established which is at a different level than the overlayed image.

To really dumb this down …. It would be like having a color image overlayed onto a black and white background. Obviously something like that could not pass as an unaltered piece of video, and this is the same principle. You cannot have different contrast levels between the damned foot and the bloody carpeted floor. Same principle as color on top of black and white.

Geeze.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:11 AM

6,947 posts, read 3,152,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Apparently, you don’t understand what the still image posted actually shows, and the implications. It shows a totally different contrast detail between the foreground image of the foot/shoe, and the surrounding background that has no detail whatsoever. That’s not possible, get it? It’s NOT POSSIBLE. The only way this can occur is if the foreground is an overlay composite on top of a background that has its own contrast established which is at a different level than the overlayed image.

To really dumb this down …. It would be like having a color image overlayed onto a black and white background. Obviously something like that could not pass as an unaltered piece of video, and this is the same principle. You cannot have different contrast levels between the damned foot and the bloody carpeted floor. Same principle as color on top of black and white.

Geeze.
You are obsessing over a tiny moment in the entire range of footage we have.

In that very same shot we see her walking over the same carpet where there are no artifacts like that but ignore that. And in that same shot we see her interacting with doors and going into other rooms, obscured by the window and frame. All of which would need to be matte cut and placed back over her. Not to mention rigging the doors to magically open??

And what about the shot of her blasting the front doors to pieces and ducking in. That is a comp too? And the shot of her in the other hallway with the reception desk. Much clearer, and you see her reflection and shadow on the floor.

There are many points of interaction with the environment that is what you'd expect from actually being there and Not being cheaply comped in. What about those?!

Shouting out " It is NOT possible" in caps doesn't make your claim of a few frames of trash video to be some intentional staged FX shot doesn't prove anything, get it?

Old 04-04-2023, 09:18 AM

11,114 posts, read 4,758,463 times
so, third time asking, since the narrative from the left here seems to be cemented that the entire shooting and incident was fake and staged, may I ask what REALLY happened to the 3 adults and 3 kids....they are after all demonstrably perforated with bullets and just as dead. Who or what made them that way? In no scenario do I accept it was LEGAL, ergo, if Miss/Ms/MR Hale did not shoot them and we now believe our theortists....WHO did?

ETA: sidebar, I recall back on 9/11 - the real 9/11 when the plane hit the pentagon...there was a security camera that caught, so we could watch the AA boeing 757 actually hit the ground early and slide at 300mph into the pentagon - this was not an air strike.

Leftist rebels (its ALWAYS leftist rebels) claimed that the tracks on the ground from the engines were CLEARLY (they said) too close to be a 757, it was CLEARLY (they said) a 737.

I recall, back then, asking a set of simple questions: assuming the rebels were 100% correct, where did they get the 737? Boeing built a finite set of these and we know where EVERY hull number is, within a few minutes..so a) where did it come from and b) where did the ACTUAL AA 77- 757 go? russian prison camp? same place the Malaysian Air flight went years later?

Show me how this line of thinking is ANY different.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:28 AM

6,947 posts, read 3,152,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
so, third time asking, since the narrative from the left here seems to be cemented that the entire shooting and incident was fake and staged, may I ask what REALLY happened to the 3 adults and 3 kids....they are after all demonstrably perforated with bullets and just as dead. Who or what made them that way? In no scenario do I accept it was LEGAL, ergo, if Miss/Ms/MR Hale did not shoot them and we now believe our theortists....WHO did?
I don't think, to be fair, that the 'left' is making that claim.
I am sure they believe this person went nuts and killed them and moved on to the gun control pleading.

The people here that are saying it is staged think it was done so to give the Left a reason to move on to the gun control pleading.

If it was staged by the left, then it wouldn't make sense for them to claim it was faked.

The left benefited from 9/11 conspiracies because it would make the right leaning hawks look bad.

If they did that here, it would hurt themselves, hurt their move for 2cd amendment nulling, unless they are claiming it is fake because it involved a trans?

Old 04-04-2023, 09:46 AM

17,495 posts, read 12,446,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

Geeze.
It's simply a compression and focusing artifact. The carpet does come fully into focus in other scenes with the feet still there. Such as when walking back through the door to the office.

And the same blurring is occurring in the upper left corner. Video doesn't capture reality. It captures frames while using an auto focus sensor to attempt to keep as much in focus as possible. But with sufficient depth at play it is impossible for everything to be in focus. Your own eyes can't even do that.

Blurring also naturally occurs when objects at different depths in a scene are focused and defocused in a video sequence.
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1530197

https://visualeducation.com/photography-course/focus/

Old 04-04-2023, 11:13 AM

13,299 posts, read 7,906,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post

ETA: sidebar, I recall back on 9/11 - the real 9/11 when the plane hit the pentagon...there was a security camera that caught, so we could watch the AA boeing 757 actually hit the ground early and slide at 300mph into the pentagon - this was not an air strike.

Leftist rebels (its ALWAYS leftist rebels) claimed that the tracks on the ground from the engines were CLEARLY (they said) too close to be a 757, it was CLEARLY (they said) a 737.

I recall, back then, asking a set of simple questions: assuming the rebels were 100% correct, where did they get the 737? Boeing built a finite set of these and we know where EVERY hull number is, within a few minutes..so a) where did it come from and b) where did the ACTUAL AA 77- 757 go? russian prison camp? same place the Malaysian Air flight went years later?

Show me how this line of thinking is ANY different.
A lot of videos were confiscated and concealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies