Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 01:56 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yes they all do that. Prefer other sources for news and then gather them all up for better information.
Some are worse than others and Huffpo is pretty bad at that, not as bad as some of the Daily Caller ilk though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 01:58 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Minors are not fully certified people.
Exactly. When minors are transported out of state without parental permission, the police get involved. It's called kidnapping. Has no one ever seen an Amber Alert?

Old 03-29-2023, 02:00 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Isn't it already illegal to transport a minor across state lines without parental consent?
Yes. This proposed law essentially changes nothing.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:06 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Some are worse than others and Huffpo is pretty bad at that, not as bad as some of the Daily Caller ilk though.
What really annoys me is when an article that is clearly editorial and commentary is sort of presented and spun as being just straight down the line news.

Everyone has biases and all, but the old days of straight journalism is gone or at best severely changed from how it used to be.

Too many activists disguised as jounalist.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:12 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What really annoys me is when an article that is clearly editorial and commentary is sort of presented and spun as being just straight down the line news.

Everyone has biases and all, but the old days of straight journalism is gone or at best severely changed from how it used to be.

Too many activists disguised as jounalist.
Thanks to nobody enforcing the monopoly laws, the majority of your media is now owned by about 5 major companies, and they definitely have an agenda. Mainly to keep the billionaires in power by keeping the little guy divided by BS like this. And how they go about doing that is from controlling who gets to go to school to become a journalist and also controlling what the media and the papers can report.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:18 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I do not like abortion at all but neither do I like any restriction on people's right to travel.
^It's how I feel. And it's sad, but women have been doing this since the beginning of time. They used to go to chop shop doctors and often be killed in the process, so this is why it was legalized. Now granted, I am not happy with how you have some people taking it overboard and trying to allow full term abortions. I just find that barbaric.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:31 PM

7,341 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The headline: "Idaho Is About To Become The First State To Restrict Interstate Travel For Abortion"

I'm not seeing where it says "minors".

"A bill would create a whole new crime — dubbed “abortion trafficking” — which aims to limit minors’ ability to travel for abortion care without parental consent."

This^ is not the headline, it's merely an overview of the article.
I believe it's called the subheadline and it's used to expand on the headline. And it appears before the byline.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
This is about someone assisting a minor to get an abortion without the consent of the parents. It's amazing how much these leftists love abortion.
"My choice/feelings/inconvenience-avoidance is more important than a human life."

Old 03-29-2023, 02:57 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I believe it's called the subheadline and it's used to expand on the headline. And it appears before the byline.
Yes it is true it's an extension of the headline and gives a brief overview of the topic, but it is not the headline. It's the actual headline, not the sub headline, that first grabs the attention.

Quote:
According to the Nielsen Norman Group, you have 10 to 20 seconds to capture your reader’s attention. What’s the secret?

The answer was the first thing you read – the headline.
https://titaniummarketing.com/headings-and-subheadings/

Old 03-29-2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes it is true it's an extension of the headline and gives a brief overview of the topic, but it is not the headline. It's the actual headline, not the sub headline, that first grabs the attention.
Only people with short attention spans don't read the following line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies