Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 09:36 AM

1,368 posts, read 489,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I don't know. Why don't you ask the same of magicians, clowns, mimes, jugglers and those "human statue" folks??
They aren't twerking for kids buddy

Old 03-31-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Are you aware that that was a ticketed event at a restaurant where patrons were warned of “strong language and suggestive dialogue” that “may not be appropriate for all ages.”?

How is this anyone's responsibility but the parents of these kids?

I thought your side was all about free speech over censorship or "canceling."

Not to mention, every pearl-clutching video I've ever been shown proved to be a case where parents made a choice to take their children to an explicit show OR the performances were parodies by goofy straight guys trying to make some sort of stupid point.
So maybe just put warning signs on bars so parents can bring them in? Oh wait...kids are not allowed in bars or strip clubs. How did they get in these events? Would Chippendale allow minors if parents took them in?

Not my fault there are far too many mouthbreather parents out there. We need to set laws exactly because of these people.

Old 03-31-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:
NO, it's not. It's an orientation and it goes far deeper than sex. Plenty of straight dudes have sex with men. Plenty of straight men like to dress as women. That does not identify them as gay.

And not all drag queens are gay, or men. Did you know that?
Um ....straight men don't have sex with men unless they are gay or bisexual.

Old 03-31-2023, 09:51 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Serious question. What is the purpose of the transgender kid shows? It baffles me that people think that this perverted acts are ok. If you have 1st knowledge of why please inform us.
I think this whole transgender equity excitement with the libs is another way the democrats are trying to divide us — to keep trans and gay people scared and angry like they do with blacks and on opposing sides of another identity division they have fostered. Along with race-baiting, they’ve now created gender-baiting…
Keep America Divided!!

Old 03-31-2023, 09:14 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
Apparently not! California high school drag show had mandatory attendance.
https://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...e-17832300.php
Honestly, that wasn’t bad. I don’t care if high schoolers do something like this, though they should have notified parents. My only issue with trans minors is when they’re given puberty blockers and cross sex hormones. Dress any way you like. Express yourself any way you like. I just think the drugs and hormones should wait until they’re older and more sure of their own minds.

Old 03-31-2023, 11:14 PM

17,305 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
The ones not at libraries.
So you exclude the very topic we are talking about? K. Parents taking their kids to mature shows is on the parents. Just like the movies. Or ya know having loaded guns in the house. What has happened to that old fashioned individual responsibility Republicans used to have?

Old 04-03-2023, 08:56 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Seriously. I've been to a drag show, and it was harmless fun. People have no idea what they're talking about.
Seriously. I've been to many drag shows over the years, and they are sexualized, adult-themed performances spotlighting various caricatures of women as objects of parody.

Even gaymen now agree that drag is NOT just 'innocent fun' and is therefore inappropriate for little children.

Just because something is legal does NOT mean it should be celebrated.

IMO, grown men parading in womanface is no less demeaning than blackface, so it is now off my to-do list.

But I'm just an out-of-touch feminist, so I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 04-03-2023 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-03-2023, 09:52 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Seriously. I've been to a drag show, and it was harmless fun. People have no idea what they're talking about.
Same here, it's entertainment....adult entertainment. Not a place for children.

It's very disturbing that in the leftist quest to make everyone abide by DE&I, they've abandoned common sense.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:09 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
I think I speak for a lot of open-minded conservatives, when I state that for kids below middle school there should be no gender or sexual-oriented curriculum. Let kids be kids, and don't try to force an ideology on them. There will be a time where they can make their own decisions, and that's fine.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:48 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
I have never heard of a transgender show.

Are you talking about drag? In which men and women dress up and perform in the exaggerated guise of the opposite gender as a thousand-year-old form of entertainment?

Drag has nothing to do with transgender. Drag artists almost always identify as their gender at birth when they are not on stage or performing. Maybe you didn't know that but spouted your ignorance anyway.
hum. Is ignorance now a crime???

Are drag queens some how better equipped to teach our children? If so, we aren't all teachers required to dress in drag?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies