Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 11:36 AM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I read about this yesterday. Apparently, a good number of the restaurants are owned and operated by McD's corporate. They are not all franchises. Supposedly, the corporate-run McD's are the worst. No one cares about quality because the manager is not the owner and he doesn't care.

If they close the poor performing locations, they won't need the supporting staff at their corporate offices. Just a theory.

I ate there last month for the first time and a decade and the prices were high, quality was middling and the "EBT welcome" signs did not inspire confidence.
Only about 5% are corporate owned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 11:38 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Meanwhile ... back at the OP....I suspect it is about fear of employee reaction. Better to have them at home when they receive their certified mail notice including do not show up on the premises. I bet we see armed guards in enhanced numbers.
...and publicity of the media watching everyone walking out and putting in on the evening news.

*shrug* I'd rather be laid off on-line anyway.

Old 04-03-2023, 11:40 AM

8,412 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Meanwhile ... back at the OP....I suspect it is about fear of employee reaction. Better to have them at home when they receive their certified mail notice including do not show up on the premises. I bet we see armed guards in enhanced numbers.
"Dear John...

...It's us, not you. Have some fries on us"

Old 04-03-2023, 11:41 AM

574 posts, read 298,958 times
A good friend of mine in a management position was told this was coming over a month ago and that he could be on the hook.

Old 04-03-2023, 11:45 AM

7,248 posts, read 3,776,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Only about 5% are corporate owned.
That's more than zero.

Old 04-03-2023, 11:47 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
This is what I thought.

Old 04-03-2023, 11:54 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. what could they be afraid of? https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...layo-rcna77851
The Biden economic plan is going along just as planned.

I just thawed out a roast that I bought back in August. I saw a video from a guy that worked in the meat industry, he warned that meat prices were going to skyrocket. So I bought over a hundred dollars of meat and froze it. Glad I did that, I ended up saving over a hundred dollars. The sticker on the frozen roast I bought back in August says it cost $2.99 a pound. I went to the same store to find the same cut of meat now costs $6.50 a pound.

No wonder McDocnalds is having problems. Customers are not thrilled to pay around $20 on a meal for two. I remember as a young teen in school, taking my girlfriend to a movie and then eat at McDonalds, because I could afford it. I cannot imagine teens spending $20 on a date at McDonalds after already taking his date to a movie. So people just stop going.

Old 04-03-2023, 11:58 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I mean, its very possible. The USDA approved chicken to be processed in China a couple years ago.
That was the trade off so China would import American beef. Since then I only buy raw chicken. I read the label on everything I buy.

Old 04-03-2023, 12:00 PM

8,412 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The Biden economic plan is going along just as planned.

I just thawed out a roast that I bought back in August. I saw a video from a guy that worked in the meat industry, he warned that meat prices were going to skyrocket. So I bought over a hundred dollars of meat and froze it. Glad I did that, I ended up saving over a hundred dollars. The sticker on the frozen roast I bought back in August says it cost $2.99 a pound. I went to the same store to find the same cut of meat now costs $6.50 a pound.

No wonder McDocnalds is having problems. Customers are not thrilled to pay around $20 on a meal for two. I remember as a young teen in school, taking my girlfriend to a movie and then eat at McDonalds, because I could afford it. I cannot imagine teens spending $20 on a date at McDonalds after already taking his date to a movie. So people just stop going.
Especially since, unless it's a matinee, the tickets are nearly $20 each. Forget popcorn and a soda.

Old 04-03-2023, 12:47 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
First job as many was at Mcd's and enjoyed it very much and I truly believe flipping burgers is a good way to learn how to work. Assuming you learn its a first job you move on from and not try to make it a career with a "living wage". This said I have noticed a gradual decline in the food quality in recent years and the price increases have been dramatic. Nowdays if I want a good fast food burger I go to Whataburger. Every once in a blue moon I have a sudden desire for a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder with cheese and go thru drive thru. After spending too much for the mediocre food i shake my head and wonder what the heck was i thinking.

It almost reminds me of reaching a very lonely time in life and asking an old girlfriend out to try to reconnect and than remembering why you broke up in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies