Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 07:22 PM

1,094 posts, read 884,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Walkerism is over. Gerrymandering is over. The war on women is over. Election deniers will be denied.
It has been called with about 2/3 of the vote in. Liberals have reclaimed the Wisconsin Supreme Court in what was the most important election of 2023.

You do not want justice. You want your selfish liberal way!

If a party claims a court, it slants justice toward its selfish beliefs. Judicial activism wrongly perverts justice.

Courts are supposed to be politically neutral. Voting for someone who promises to rule a certain way unfairly biases the court.

Judges are not supposed to be for or against anything, including abortion, GLBT, Gerrymandering, protesting an election, or anything else partisan. Judges are not to use anything except the facts, the law, and the Constitution.

Democrats kept voting for biased activist justices because they knew that a neutral Supreme Court would find the legal trickery used to rule Roe v Wade in 1973. Once we got a truly fair Court, it threw out the judicial activism.

It is a Democrat lie that the Court voted against abortion. It voted against judicial activism.

Hillary Clinton in 2016 wanted to wrongly put activists on the bench to require religions to not prohibit abortion and GLBT.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:35 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
In a perfect world, justices would be pure. They aren't. Because of legal manipulation and a biased WI SC, the system in WI is now so rigged, the disenfranchisement of the majority will never be righted bc the gerrymandered state legislature won't allow it. You gotta live here to appreciate how bad it is.

The GOP will not allow the will of the majority, refuses a binding referendum on abortion despite 62% of the voters in favor. How, exactly, does the majority get their wishes enacted when the legislature is so unrepresentative?

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-07-2023 at 08:43 PM..

Old 04-07-2023, 08:48 PM

6,107 posts, read 2,731,285 times
Way to go WI! its gonna take a lot of cleaning to get rid of the MAGA-infested judiciary.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:54 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Protasiewicz was the best of two bad choices. Had Kelly won, the disenfranchisement of the MAJORITY of state voters would have continued.

Gerrymandering and abortion were my issues. I voted for Jan.
You mean success and security would have continued for the majority. But you prefer the failed ideas that have ruined other blue states and cities. You voted to become San Francisco.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:01 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,868,996 times

Old 04-07-2023, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You mean success and security would have continued for the majority. But you prefer the failed ideas that have ruined other blue states and cities. You voted to become San Francisco.
Clearly you haven't realized the GOP doesn't believe in democracy. Minority rule is their mantra.

What's wrong with success and security for the majority?

In our state, the majority, because of gerrymandering, have zero voice in both houses of our state legislature. Dems may as well not show up at all because their voices are ignored - even though they represent the majority of the population.

Getting those maps redrawn may never succeed if the issue gets to the USSC, so you may rest easy in the continuation of the bully rule and abuse of power in this state by the MINORITY for a good long while.

Prime example of this ABUSE OF POWER and disregard for democracy - defang new governor and AG even before they are sworn in - removing powers every other governor in this state has had:
Quote:
In 2018, a Democrat, Tony Evers, defeated Walker in the governor’s race. Another Democrat, Josh Kaul, won the race for attorney general.

Republicans in the Legislature responded by weakening the powers of both
offices.

Among other things, they passed laws, signed by a lame-duck Walker, giving themselves:
  • more authority over key appointments,
  • blocking Evers and Kaul from withdrawing from a lawsuit challenging the Affordable Care Act and
  • ensuring that Evers would be unable to get rid of work requirements for some Medicaid recipients.
(They also cut early voting in Democratic strongholds from six weeks to two.)

The Wisconsin Supreme Court upheld the laws along ideological lines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/30/o...-election.html
And, that's only the short list of the crap they've pulled since Walker lost. Evers has since lost his ability to line item veto, among other things. Refusal to hold hearings on his appointees, resulting in squatters from the Walker administration holding positions for over four years, despite Evers election. SC ruled in favor of GOP, on this issue, as well. In other words, despite the election, the previous administration can still run the state.

NONE of these powers were in question when Walker was in office. HYPOCRISY MUCH??

There is no way rationalize this blatant disregard of democracy.

The repeal of Roe v. Wade, with our state legislature doubling down, refusing to put forth sensible legislation or allow a binding ballot referendum against the wishes of 63% of the voters in favor of pro-choice, was the last straw.

Do you honestly believe these abuses of power - tantamount to refusing to accept the will of the voter - by these bullies over the past four years hasn't made people angry?

Thus, the double digit win for Protasiewicz.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-07-2023 at 10:17 PM..

Old 04-08-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Clearly you haven't realized the GOP doesn't believe in democracy. Minority rule is their mantra.

What's wrong with success and security for the majority?
Clearly you haven't realized that liberal policies have hurt the people far more, that "defund the police" and "no bail" or "no prosecution" hasn't resulted in skyrocketing crime, that free money hasn't resulted in skyrocketing inflation, that eternal handouts hasn't resulted in higher taxes.

But I guess you're right, the masses have the right to self-destruct.

Old 04-08-2023, 08:36 AM

3,788 posts, read 5,335,473 times
Quote:
Clearly you haven't realized that liberal policies have hurt the people far more, that "defund the police" and "no bail" or "no prosecution" have resulted in skyrocketing crime, that free money has resulted in skyrocketing inflation, that eternal handouts has resulted in higher taxes.

I agree.

The mentally ill Left just continues to motor on towards destruction.

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2...conservatives/

Old 04-08-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Clearly you haven't realized that liberal policies have hurt the people far more, that "defund the police" and "no bail" or "no prosecution" hasn't resulted in skyrocketing crime, that free money hasn't resulted in skyrocketing inflation, that eternal handouts hasn't resulted in higher taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
I agree.

The mentally ill Left just continues to motor on towards destruction.

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2...conservatives/
Stop lumping the 'left' into one basket. I'm a slightly left-leaning moderate, often more conserative than liberal. No one I know wants to defund the police. Just the opposite. Mayor in my city issued a 7 p.m. curfew two years ago with a very heavily armed police presence to prevent a peaceful demonstration from becoming destructive. Very smart of him. I'm all for it as were the citizens of my relatively affluent suburb which votes 63% democratic. So, no, we're not mentally ill, motoring on towards destruction.

Sadly, the 'mentally ill' right continue to trample on our form of government. Abuse of power and the minority party stranglehold on this state - are what has finally driven WI voters to the polls in an effort to begin the process of ridding themselves of these out-of-touch, bullying, dictatorial ideologues.

Protasiewicz is the first step in that direction.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-08-2023 at 01:48 PM..

Old 04-08-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Stop lumping the 'left' into one basket. I'm a slightly left-leaning moderate, often more conserative than liberal. No one I know wants to defund the police. Just the opposite.
It doesn't matter because you and the liberal left are voting for the same people. You whine about the abusive right but haven't provided anything specific as to how they make the people's daily lives worse. The left are like little kids who are angry that their parents make all the decisions, even if they are the decisions that make them safe and serve them best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies