Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2023, 11:29 AM

2,518 posts, read 1,300,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

You'd better believe that playing stupid games, win stupid prizes.
California politicians don't want to house hundreds of thousands of criminals, many of whom are minorities.

Ronald Reagan didn't want to house schizophrenics and closed all mental institutions. Now, they roam streets and shout to women and children, "I'll kill you!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2023, 11:34 AM

515 posts, read 255,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
California politicians don't want to house hundreds of thousands of criminals, many of whom are minorities.

Ronald Reagan didn't want to house schizophrenics and closed all mental institutions. Now, they roam streets and shout to women and children, "I'll kill you!"
In some cases of course. I have seen crazy people but this is the direct result of drugs. I was always opposed to prohibition but this is lopsided and there is no answer for it now except clamp down.

Old 04-12-2023, 11:34 AM

1,224 posts, read 518,407 times
Now they can call it "No Foods" lol

Old 04-12-2023, 11:36 AM

13,753 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Yep, the $950 limit PER DAY is a big reason for the chaos.

I've seen people try and push a shopping cart filled with food out the door at Safeway without paying.

When stopped they grab a couple of items and leave. It's a misdemeanor offense. Unless someone is violent what is the point in calling the police?

Last edited by john3232; 04-12-2023 at 12:11 PM..

Old 04-12-2023, 11:40 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
It shouldn't be too much longer until they only things left in San Francisco are homeless drug addicts and liberal politicians.
Hard to say which one is worse.

Old 04-12-2023, 11:42 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
I checked the address on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/apQ2gTWzHBw8BmbD9
Market St & 8th St

The Whole Food's manager who decided to open a store at that corner is stupid.

The Federal Office Building where government officials work is right across the street. Hundreds of the homeless surround it.
All stores on Market St barricaded their windows.

Who wants to go to a store for the rich and find stinky persons in the store who touch tomatoes and grapes that the rich are supposed to eat?
Click on this posters link, turn right and you'll see a city bus.

Arrow click past the bus and look right, welcome to San Fran.

Clearly the problem must be Whole Foods, or the internet or whatever excuse Dejour is floating around.

This link will save you the time of navigating.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7783...7i16384!8i8192

Garbage everywhere, dude with no shoes and looks like leg sores etc.

Just walk around the blocks folks, take it all in.

Old 04-12-2023, 11:57 AM

13,753 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Click on this posters link, turn right and you'll see a city bus.

Arrow click past the bus and look right, welcome to San Fran.

Clearly the problem must be Whole Foods, or the internet or whatever excuse Dejour is floating around.

This link will save you the time of navigating.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7783...7i16384!8i8192

Garbage everywhere, dude with no shoes and looks like leg sores etc.

Just walk around the blocks folks, take it all in.

If you don't know the downtown SF area... the sidewalks you see in the link provide a good idea. (Just looking at the sidewalks is such a downer.)

In fact there are worse areas as you head further downtown.

Old 04-12-2023, 12:00 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Yep, the $950 limit PER DAY is a big reason for the chaos.

I've seen people try and push a shopping cart filled with food out the door at Safeway without paying.

When stopped by they grab a couple of items and leave. It's a misdemeanor offense. Unless someone is violent what is the point in calling the police?

They had a state bill to lower the limit to 400 and charge repeat offenders. But the bill 'died' in a one party leftist/progressive state. Go figure.

https://californiaglobe.com/articles...bly-committee/

One party control more important that helping businesses and citizens in their state.

The shoplifting is a gateway or enabling crime which perpetuates other things including drug abuse, homelessness and other crimes committed by those wondering the streets shoplifting for 'a living'.

Old 04-12-2023, 12:06 PM

11,505 posts, read 6,008,999 times
SFPD police don't make arrests for shoplifting because they know the DAs won't prosecute those crimes.

Old 04-12-2023, 03:26 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Yeah, that location would never work. The amount of daily theft must have been outrageous.

Also pan to the middle of the street. Check out the guy in the wheelchair who appears to be using his feet. Pretending to be disabled has always been one of the more popular scams in SF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcd-srsSBY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies