Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2023, 02:34 PM

24,504 posts, read 17,255,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Libs decisions are made mostly from an emotional perspective, not a logical perspective.

San Fran losing its retailers is the result of making emotion-based decisions for decades. It leads to ruin.

After the emotion-based Libs destroy a city, many will leave and move to a conservative city/state where things are much better. They can't understand why the city they left went downhill, and why the conservative place they moved to is so much better.

They can't comprehend that its political policies that causes it all...they are blind to it. They can't be reasoned with, & are not open to the logical train of thought. They are closed minded & stubborn.

Well said. I know so many Liberals that have big hearts but those bog hearts rob their brains of blood leaving them to react from emotion. This mindset also leaves them open to suggestibility and they are easily moved by a mob.

They are like an army of ants that move as one with a singular purpose.

San Fran could solve this problem in a week. Lock up the criminals and help the homeless get off the streets. They know what needs to be done but it goes against the Woke ideals of the ant farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2023, 02:49 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Not surprised this store is closing. More will come but I wonder if Newsom is paying attention. This is his old stomping ground. He must be so proud.

Old 04-11-2023, 02:58 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I wonder just how far into dog crap territory we have to get into before people stop voting Dem. I think both parties are corrupt and have issues, but it sure seems that it's mostly Dem run cities that largely have these kinds of woke soft on crime policies that just destroy the quality of life for people.

I don't know just how pigheaded some people are the ones that mistakenly think that light on crime is some form of reparations or whatever other nonsense they use to rationalize things.

When you do what they are doing and then don't stop when they see that it is going to crap, well, they are either dumb, or evil. I'm not going to say misguided instead of evil because there is a mountain of evidence of repeat offenders being let out and going on to hurt other people. If you knowingly make choices that directly cause harm to others, you're evil. Not misguided.

Old 04-11-2023, 03:48 PM

13,787 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Starbucks stores around San Francisco have been removing indoor seating. Earlier this year, The San Francisco Standard reported that numerous Starbucks locations in downtown San Francisco had done away with their furniture. Last month, another city store followed suit when the Castro Starbucks at 4094 18th St., locally known as “Bearbucks,” removed all seating and tables, in addition to making other interior changes, as first reported by Hoodline.
https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/...P-CP-Spotlight

Old 04-11-2023, 04:10 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well said. I know so many Liberals that have big hearts but those bog hearts rob their brains of blood leaving them to react from emotion. This mindset also leaves them open to suggestibility and they are easily moved by a mob.

They are like an army of ants that move as one with a singular purpose.

San Fran could solve this problem in a week. Lock up the criminals [and help the homeless get off the streets. They know what needs to be done but it goes against the Woke ideals of the ant farm.
Your opining would be more on point if you did more research.

People could do more, but it's not as though they don't try at all.

Many of the homeless don't want to get off the street, and the 9th Circuit (U.S. Court of Appeals) Martin v. Boise decision certainly doesn't help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_v._Boise

The Martin v. Boise decision doesn't effect MASS, as MASS isn't a state that is in the 9th Circuit (California is).

Old 04-11-2023, 04:11 PM

6,997 posts, read 2,715,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Correct, NO retail grocery store can survive on tourists alone.
What are tourists doing in a grocery store? When I travel, I eat out. I don't have time to set up house and cook food.

Old 04-11-2023, 04:12 PM

6,997 posts, read 2,715,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sure but in most major US cities you are generally only picking from one party.

IMO the problem stems back to 2020 where the entire policing issue and BLM got wrapped up into R vs. D politics.

So now you have a lot of D's that have to very carefully tiptoe back towards law and order without getting labeled some sort of MAGA hat racist...like just happened in Chicago mayoral elections.

Oh well, people are bleeding hearts on crime until they get mugged, their brother gets shot, their mom gets her car stolen and could only afford liability insurance and can't get to work now.
Since when did MAGA have anything to do with racists????

Old 04-11-2023, 04:54 PM

13,787 posts, read 8,019,999 times
All bad news raining down at once.

San Francisco office vacancy rate hits a new record high
https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/ar...h-17889017.php

Cities are struggling. San Francisco could be in for the biggest ‘doom loop’ of all
https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/artic...p-17846412.php

And to add insult to injury we find this in the normally quiet West Portal district

This happened at candy store Shaw’s in the West Portal neighborhood, an area that’s been particularly hard hit by recent waves of vandalism and theft.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ak-in/3171711/

Last edited by john3232; 04-11-2023 at 05:20 PM..

Old 04-11-2023, 05:52 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
It’s called consequences of action, people. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 04-11-2023, 06:19 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
What are tourists doing in a grocery store? When I travel, I eat out. I don't have time to set up house and cook food.
That's the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies