Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2023, 11:43 AM

52,427 posts, read 52,959,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Did you hear about the $6B "loss" back in early March? Over the course of about a week, stock prices dropped about $3/share back then, too.

Oh, you didn't hear about that "loss"? Now, that's odd, isn't it?

This loss was because of dumbass marketing move that was so silly is why it's making the news. You've got an unhinged lunatic prancing around doing a lousy vaudeville style impression of what a woman is.

Who do these marketing people think that they are going to win over with this kind of marketing ploy. Put aside the trans issue. You've got beer drinking good ol boys that are blue collar workers that probably want a respite from political issues being shoved down their throats.

I'm sure on the day-to-day level, most people don't actively care what adults do to their bodies, we're just sick and tired of this 24/7 barrage we're seeing these days.

The other was most likely something far less "newsworthy."

Old 04-14-2023, 11:56 AM

3,503 posts, read 3,153,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Did you hear about the $6B "loss" back in early March? Over the course of about a week, stock prices dropped about $3/share back then, too.

Oh, you didn't hear about that "loss"? Now, that's odd, isn't it?

Hasn't Bud Light been losing market share steadily for some time now? Wasn't that why so-called "woke" marketing lady was called in in the first place?

Old 04-14-2023, 12:04 PM

22,010 posts, read 25,367,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I no longer follow much in the way of any individual stocks anymore. But as the markets are currently down, and these sorts of escapades tend to exaggerate stock values in the short term, this stock could well be a good longer term buy right now. Assuming inflation and rates come down in the medium term.
For instance I eventually made some good money buying Motorola with the brain cancer scare back in the '90's.
Not enough dip to be a contrarian buy. It's just a 3-5% dip. For some people like the Gun Nut who go chicken little every time a stock price moves either way, they might think it's significant but a 3-5% movement isn't notable. If there was mass hysteria and a 40% dip in a few weeks because some homophobes needed to virtue signal and it spooked the market, I'd agree with you. I did well shorting the Gamestop stock during the squeeze for a quick buck. That was kind of liking robbing kids in the candy store. I don't really see a move either way with BUD though.

Long-term there's the issues that have driven BUD down 50% but those really haven't changed any. Basically it's not a notable stock. I wouldn't really do anything with it either way. Conversely if you're a Gun Nut type outlook and think a 3-5% price change isn't reflecting some downside event of epic proportion, you could short the stock. I don't see it and really very little short volume. I don't pay for the most recent data though so maybe there actually is as the free short interest reports are a few weeks back.

Old 04-14-2023, 12:56 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,427,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
lol..$3 a share is nothing. But $5 billion in market value to the company..yes it matters.
Except that the stock is actually up 7.3% in the past month. Just check3x it again and it's actually 7.7% now.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bud

Old 04-14-2023, 01:20 PM

43,597 posts, read 18,669,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Except that the stock is actually up 7.3% in the past month. Just check3x it again and it's actually 7.7% now.

I'm not talking about the stock price. I said "market value". That's not money in your pocket.

True investors don't give 2 craps what or who BUD uses for their advertising

Old 04-14-2023, 01:22 PM

18,743 posts, read 8,475,424 times
too bad all women are not black.....
this would have been over before it even started...imagine if this twit was black doing this to black women

Old 04-14-2023, 01:25 PM

15,142 posts, read 8,706,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post

Any stock chart you look at shows DOWN, from 4/1 to 4/14, which is the subject of this conversation regarding the losses.

Old 04-14-2023, 01:29 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,461,775 times
Quote:
lol..$3 a share is nothing. But $5 billion in market value to the company..yes it matters.
LMAO!

Anheuser-Busch shares outstanding for the quarter ending December 31, 2022 were 2.050B, a 0.24% increase year-over-year.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...es-outstanding

Let's see here, ~2 billion shares, multiplied by $3 dollars/share..... carry the 5.......

How many dollars "lost" is that, again?

Old 04-14-2023, 01:30 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,461,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Hasn't Bud Light been losing market share steadily for some time now? Wasn't that why so-called "woke" marketing lady was called in in the first place?
They certainly have, yes. For decades. Craft beer is the culprit.

Old 04-14-2023, 01:31 PM

47,069 posts, read 26,175,940 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about the stock price. I said "market value".
Umm....

Quote:
Market value is also commonly used to refer to the market capitalization of a publicly traded company, and is calculated by multiplying the number of its outstanding shares by the current share price.
From https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketvalue.asp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies