Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2023, 11:34 PM

32,209 posts, read 15,196,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I told you already. It’s 3 posts above yours.
No. You didn’t say how this personally affects you. What has your experience been

Old 04-14-2023, 11:40 PM

15,142 posts, read 8,706,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
For a long time now.

The first time I ever heard the term "culture war" was in a speech at Harvard by NRA president and former actor Charleston Heston. For all I know he coined the term. I peg 1992 as the year the Left went all in with the culture war, but only in hindsight. I didn't recognize it at the time. Charleton Heston saw it very clearly in 1999.

Heston was prophetic.

Speaking of Heston's speech at Harvard, today he would be barred from speaking or shouted down or threatened with harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgSzb_Hn17A
A brilliant speech by a true American Icon of film and fame.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-14-2023, 11:42 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,113,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No. You didn’t say how this personally affects you. What has your experience been
Go back, read it as many times as you need to until it sinks in.

Old 04-14-2023, 11:52 PM

32,209 posts, read 15,196,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Go back, read it as many times as you need to until it sinks in.
Which post did you make about your personal experience. I can’t seem to find that

Old 04-15-2023, 12:17 AM

3,706 posts, read 1,377,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So you assume it’s right wing terrorist groups responsible for bomb threats, but have no such proof, and you’re trying to intertwine Kid Rock shooting cans and mass shootings. It’s hilarious how you come up with such claims to fit your narrative, and such the ridiculous comparison, but I do look forward to you providing proof to who these right wing terrorists groups are?
Your post is self refuting, or at least so disingenuous a rebuttal would be futile to a mind so oblivious. I neither expect nor require your agreement.

Old 04-15-2023, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes it is up to EVERY ONE OF US to judge this disgraceful, in your face THREAT to our children.

That grown ass men would dress up like this already identifies them as mentally ill. And mentally ill men in dresses shouldn’t be indoctrinating young children like this.

And you are every bit as much the problem as they are.

When Bud Light picks one of these people for a spokesperson your post might have some relevenc

In this last photo, the small child with that “what the hell” look on his face has more damned common sense than the freak, the mom, or you.
When Bud Light picks one of these people for a spokesperson your post might have some relevence. Maybe for equal time we should post pictures of the inbred low IQ rednecks Texas is notorious for. Which would have absolutely nothing to do with you, but fair is fair.

Old 04-15-2023, 12:25 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,334,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Your post is self refuting, or at least so disingenuous a rebuttal would be futile to a mind so oblivious. I neither expect nor require your agreement.
Nah, this is extremely disingenuous as you have no proof to any such claims that any right wing terrorists made bomb threats, and intertwining Kid Rock shooting cans and mass shootings is even more disingenuous, just hilarious nonsense to try to fit your narrative.

Quote:
Yeah why would they want to alienate such classy clientele. Maybe its on purpose.
Bud Light. No longer the choice of right wing terrorist groups. Brilliant move Id say.
Quote:
The post I responded to mentioned bomb threats. Please try to keep up with the discussion before asking questions. Kid rock is shooting cases of beer. With the mass shootings going on its not a good look.

Old 04-15-2023, 12:32 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,661,999 times
So Right wingers are always complaining about " Cancel Culture" and yet here they are doing it themselves over one trans Ad!

The hypocrisy is rich in irony !

Old 04-15-2023, 12:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,334,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So Right wingers are always complaining about " Cancel Culture" and yet here they are doing it themselves over one trans Ad!

The hypocrisy is rich in irony !
The hypocrisy is certainly rich in irony as folks that canceled syrup bottles, pancake boxes, cartoon characters, etc…, crying about folks not supporting a campaign ad is great stuff.

Old 04-15-2023, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
A brilliant speech by a true American Icon of film and fame.

Thanks for sharing.
80+ year old men arent the definers of modern culture. People in their 20s and 30s are, and dont give a damn if their great grandparents approve of it or not. Heston simply wasnt relevent to anyone anywhere at that age except other 80 year olds. Society changes over time, the world progresses whether you like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies