Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 01:04 PM

18,531 posts, read 8,347,977 times

Advertisements

great move....100% approve....and why did this take so long

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Wednesday highlighted his administration’s latest efforts to combat the nation’s border crisis via Senate Bill 1718, which essentially makes the Sunshine State the largest state in the country to do full E-Verify for employment.

“Even the New York Times admitted this is the strongest legislation against illegal immigration anywhere in the country”

“And that’s important, because the people are going to come if they get benefits. And so what you want to do is say there’s no benefits for coming illegally,” he said, asserting that this alone will deter illegal immigrants from coming to Florida for refuge."

“It’s already against the law for someone to be employed if they’re here illegally, but the E-Verify provides a way to make sure that that’s enforceable."

"DeSantis said the bill also “enhances human smuggling penalties” and “prohibits county governments and NGOs from using tax dollars to provide IDs for illegal aliens.”

"Florida, he said, will not recognize out-of-state licenses issued to illegal aliens from other states"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...fy-employment/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 01:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,702 posts, read 18,057,688 times
The only penalty this law provides for employers who hire illegals, from what I can see, is that they may be required to pay back economic incentives if they received such for their company.

Oooohhhhh, them's big teeth!!

If they charged employers with crimes for hiring illegal immigrants, NOW we're talking. This is a whole mouth full of marbles move. Bob's Landscaping Company, and Mary's Merry Maids can go right on hiring them, with zero penalties.

So. Carry on as before.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:18 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,029,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The only penalty this law provides for employers who hire illegals, from what I can see, is that they may be required to pay back economic incentives if they received such for their company.

Oooohhhhh, them's big teeth!!

If they charged employers with crimes for hiring illegal immigrants, NOW we're talking. This is a whole mouth full of marbles move. Bob's Landscaping Company, and Mary's Merry Maids can go right on hiring them, with zero penalties.

So. Carry on as before.
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything? Seems every post I have seen you post is all negative.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:21 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,587,365 times
The devil is in the details:

Requires private employers with 25 or more employees to use the E-Verify system - So many landscaping or small businesses will be unaffected. If someone wants to grow bigger then set up more L.L.C. corporations each with 24 employees. Before long the employer of invaders doing little work will be living in a mansion next to Ann Coulter as she produces her latest propaganda about how great Ron is.

I'm also assuming that under the table cash payments will also suddenly stop right?

More power to him if this works - at all. Methinks this is just some more camera time for RD and his mindless sheep followers will just lap it up.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything? Seems every post I have seen you post is all negative.
What, like your post just now?

I post positive things on threads with positive topics.

Let me ask you.

Did it ever occur to you to actually read the bill, and determine what the penalties might be, before approving of this move?

Old 05-10-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
The devil is in the details:

Requires private employers with 25 or more employees to use the E-Verify system - So many landscaping or small businesses will be unaffected. If someone wants to grow bigger then set up more L.L.C. corporations each with 24 employees. Before long the employer of invaders doing little work will be living in a mansion next to Ann Coulter as she produces her latest propaganda about how great RINO Ron is.
And even so, I don't see any penalties for hiring people who don't pass the everify system, besides having to pay back government incentives for your project. If any.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:24 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,029,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What, like your post just now?

I post positive things on threads with positive topics.

Let me ask you.

Did it ever occur to you to actually read the bill, and determine what the penalties might be, before approving of this move?
Im not talking about the bill. I was just asking you a question. I only see you post negative things. Was just wondering.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:26 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,587,365 times
Quote:
Im not talking about the bill. I was just asking you a question. I only see you post negative things. Was just wondering.
Hysterical that you are calling out this ONE poster for posting negative things.

See:

Posts regarding Biden
Posts from the dude constantly complaining about the wall
Posts from dude who says the world is ending weekly

If you want unicorns, rainbows and ponies - you are on the wrong forum.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:28 PM

Quote:
This is way off topic. Not going to address it again. If you want to look through my profile, and review my posts, please go ahead.

Not going to respond to this again.

Now. Back to whether this bill about Everify will have any affect at all on the businesses that want to hire illegal immigrants.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:35 PM

5,179 posts, read 4,961,643 times
It's a good start. Now to use that as a foundation and build on it. Hopefully other states will follow suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies