Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 12:44 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Quite simply then they should not be buying stuff with money they don't have.

If you live paycheck to paycheck then a CC is the LAST thing you need.
I agree with you. I know it's tempting to continue to live at the standard you were living but when prices go up and your income isn't meeting everything, you must cutback on what I refer to as "leaky hose spending." It's way to easy to rack up credit card debt. And never buy something on sale and put it on a credit card if you aren't paying the card off at the end of the month. The interest you end up paying on that item sort of negates the whole, "Oh, look! I got it on sale!" - thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 12:45 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Quite simply then they should not be buying stuff with money they don't have.

If you live paycheck to paycheck then a CC is the LAST thing you need.
Well, if you live paycheck to paycheck, and your car breaks down, and you don't have cash to get it fixed and don't make enough to save cash, and you can't get to work without a car, they are going to use a credit card if they have one. What would you expect people to do?

It's easy to be pious when you're not in a desperate way of life.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:46 PM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well, if you live paycheck to paycheck, and your car breaks down, and you don't have cash to get it fixed and don't make enough to save cash, and you can't get to work without a car, they are going to use a credit card if they have one. What would you expect people to do?

It's easy to be pious when you're not in a desperate way of life.
Really.....$930 BILLION worth of car repairs is what caused this ?
Time to get real here.

People are spending like drunken sailors...YOLO

Old 06-02-2023, 12:47 PM

Quote:
You really can't speak for the "collective" unless you've been voted in.
I wasn't speaking for anyone. The poster said he was talking about himself in his post, yet he never said "I" and instead said "you" throughout it. Again, most people referencing their own situation say "I" or "Me" in their post, not "you". "You" implies speaking for the collective, so thank you for agreeing with me.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:50 PM

927 posts, read 759,957 times
South Florida. My friend an accountant believed that the spaceships were going to come so may as well live it up.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Really.....$930 BILLION worth of car repairs is what caused this ?
Time to get real here.

People are spending like drunken sailors...YOLO
I would imagine medical debt accounts for a good deal.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:57 PM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
I would imagine medical debt accounts for a good deal.
So now we've gone from broken cars to high medical bills.

Old 06-02-2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:
So now we've gone from broken cars to high medical bills.
I explained in my first post here how I accumulated debt twice in my life. The second time was for medical debt. After I used my Roth and my emergency savings. There are millions of people with medical debt in this country, do you doubt that? D you honestly believe that there are no reasons people accumulate debt aside from living the high life? If so, you have led a sheltered life.

Old 06-02-2023, 01:11 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Quote:
I explained in my first post here how I accumulated debt twice in my life. The second time was for medical debt. After I used my Roth and my emergency savings. There are millions of people with medical debt in this country, do you doubt that? D you honestly believe that there are no reasons people accumulate debt aside from living the high life? If so, you have led a sheltered life.
All medical debt combined is $195B. The vast majority of people who owe medical debt owe less than $10k. High medical bills are NOT to blame for the nearly trillion dollars of credit card debt.

Medical debt is a tiny portion of that $930B in credit card debt. Most of that figure is people blowing money they don't have on crap they don't need.

Old 06-02-2023, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
All medical debt combined is $195B. The vast majority of people who owe medical debt owe less than $10k. High medical bills are NOT to blame for the nearly trillion dollars of credit card debt.

Medical debt is a tiny portion of that $930B in credit card debt. Most of that figure is people blowing money they don't have on crap they don't need.
I just don't agree with that. I think there are many just trying to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies