Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 11:09 AM

9,083 posts, read 4,792,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Exactly. How people make the leap that homosexuality and pedophilia are the same is stupidity or ignorance. There is a difference between that and two consenting adults.
I don't think anyone here has said they are the same thing, but there are a lot (and I do mean a LOT ) of homosexuals involved in pedophilia, in spite of decades of twisting the statistics (going all the way back to the Kinsey report) to hide it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
How are you forced to celebrate a lifestyle
Well, let's think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrellyrabbit View Post
Take Chick-Fil-A - I stopped going back in 2012 when they said they were against same-sex marriage - and they'll need to convince me they've made real changes before I go back.
And there you have the answer!

Of course, "sqr" is free to not go there, but that is just the tip of the ice berg. Some of us are aware of the Gay Gestapo, that went from store to store in (I think) Indianapolis, until they found a pizzaria that wouldn't cater a gay wedding, then called in the Rainbow Jihad to harass them with phone calls, day and night for weeks, so as to disrupt their business.

And let us not forget how many people were forced out of jobs (including in the military) in the Obama years, for refusing to endorse gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 11:47 AM

26,098 posts, read 22,294,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
what kind of job do they do? how good is their service and products? thats what counts not rainbows on logos!
That works for you, but not for others who are being called a lot of negative names because they boycott a business. Boycotts seem to be OK, if done by liberals, but not OK if done by conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Obviously many posters here care since there are so many posts about this. I just don’t understand why some have such a problem with this.
You do not have to understand, so you don't need to be concerned. I don't understand why a business would decide to become political, and I don't have to understand that, BUT I will act on that with the freedom I have to boycott. Anyone business with the slightest intelligence knows to not become political, and the others, well, they will learn or be out of business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Would you spend money in a business that flew a Donald J. Trump flag?

If I owned a business, I wouldn't fly any flags.

I still don't get why people are celebrating how they were born and who they like to have sex with.
I don't understand why they are celebrating either. I was reading an article, and basically there are issues with some of them not really accepting themselves, so they try to force social acceptance to "feel" better about themselves. Like I am doing something, and I'm not that comfortable with it, but if you and millions of others accept it, then maybe I can be OK with myself. This is actually not the majority, but of those who probably have mental health issues that are not being resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
Don't give a hoot! None of my business. Live and let live as opposed to the Republican way of control and live. So much for a Free America. What happened?
You see, it is the whining by the liberals who do not understand that they are not the only ones with rights. They boycott, and that is just great. Actually, they do more than boycott, as they threaten violence and try to instill fear to get what they want. The activists want to control the children, not their children, but those of everyone else.

Yeah, liberals don't give a hoot about anything other than pushing their agenda and forcing conservatives not to exercise their freedom to not agree with ideologies, not celebrate something they don't want to, to raise their children as they see fit, to boycott any business they don't like or agree with, to elect representatives that represent their values........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Deciding how and where you like to spend your money is not a form of freedom?

Wow, who knew?
Liberal mantra "Do as I say, not as I do."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think most of don't care if someone is Gay or Trans etc.. but we don't like when it is shoved in our faces and we are forced to celebrate that lifestyle.

I do try to avoid stores that have gone Woke and ones that push Political Opinions.
Exactly. I don't think any rational person wants someone else to try to force their ideologies onto them. I would boycott businesses that push ideologies in general as part of their business plan. If they don't serve a particular type of person or group, they don't need to wait for my business. If they try to serve a particular type of person or group, and push it in my face, they don't need to wait for my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Indeed. If the cultural viewpoint of the provider is part of your personal value proposition, then yep, buy from a competitor. Anheiser Busch is finding this out in spades right now.
Businesses never used to do this, as they knew better than to alienate customers. I guess people are getting dumber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Well... forcing a baker to make a cake for a gay wedding, or a photographer to take pictures etc....
That is a fair point. Actually though, I believe any business should serve customers requesting the services and products that they offer, which is also why I believe that a business should be neutral on on issues regarding customers. They should just serve the public. Kansas is so, so bad with discrimination across the board, and I get so tired of it. Keep your personal beliefs out of the government and out of businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrellyrabbit View Post
If I sense they are being authentic in their views I'll certainly consider those businesses ahead of those that slam LGBTQIA+ issues.

Take Chick-Fil-A - I stopped going back in 2012 when they said they were against same-sex marriage - and they'll need to convince me they've made real changes before I go back.
That's fair, and the way it should work. Sadly, look at the whining here about people boycotting Target, etc. Anyone has the right to boycott a business for any darn reason they please, as it is not an exclusive right of liberals!!!

I would not shop at Target due to the bathroom issue in the first place. I will not buy products who are advertising men as being women. I know what a woman is, it is me, and to say that a woman is no more than a man minus a penis, surgically formed breasts and certain clothing and makeup - Hell freezes over before I buy their products, and any businesses that fall in line with this will not get my business!

Old 06-06-2023, 11:54 AM

14,027 posts, read 8,184,448 times
Is the Sleeping Conservative Dragon Finally Waking Up?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...up_149299.html

Old 06-06-2023, 06:41 PM

31,274 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Is the Sleeping Conservative Dragon Finally Waking Up?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...up_149299.html
You don't have to be a Conservative to want to avoid such thinks. I'm as Liberal as I was in the 90s, Democrats have just moved so for away from what they were 20 years ago many of us had to move away from them.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,239,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
June 1st as like in the past few years businesses and corporations will cover their logos with rainbows and stuff pride into their messaging to the customer/consumer. Will this effect your spending with the business?
I couldn't vote in your poorly constructed poll.

I don't "try." I either do, or do not, and in this instance I will never shop at Target again.

It's been 40 years since I drank a Budwater and that was by accident and I don't consume any of their products.

I drink the original Budweiser Budvar which most of you couldn't handle and is not part of the Budwater network.

I haven't consumed a Coca-Cola product since about 1991 or so because of their illegal, unethical, and immoral business practices (they got burned in court), and because they routinely discriminate against women and minorities in hiring, promotion, and pay (I guess it's a Southern Thing.)

I won't be patronizing Adidas or any of others, either. I'm out of the US quite a bit and get better quality shoes for less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Are they removing your vagina? If not, then what's the problem?
The Slippery Slope is the problem and it's gotten quite slippery.

Quote:
What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?
Okay, then I can address people without stupid pronouns and suffer nothing, right?

That's the thing with you Left-Wingers. Give you an inch and you take 400 astronomical units.

It won't be too long before refusing to buy a drink for some mentally disturbed guy pretending to be a woman is a hate crime.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:42 PM

37,166 posts, read 42,351,186 times
I just try to avoid spending money at all.

Old 06-06-2023, 10:36 PM

32,174 posts, read 15,174,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don't know where you live, but I am within a stones throw of west hollywood, the lgbt capital of the world.
This in your face has been going on for years and years.
Why does anyone(especially the lgbt community) feel it is necessary to be recognized ?
Who really gives a rat's ass?
You obviously are offended by it. But I really don’t care because it doesn’t affect my life at all. Let people celebrate whatever they want.

Old 06-07-2023, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
How are you forced to celebrate a lifestyle
Also, there are places like Pervert Fitness (formerly known as Planet Fitness) that have kicked female members out for complaining about the men in the women's locker rooms.

And let's not forget about the women forced to compete with men in women's sports, making a mockery of Title IX.

And then, of course, there is the ESG and DEI scoring, which is a way of punishing those who don't celebrate the lifestyles of the Leftists and the LGBTQxyz (both of which are marxist puppets).

Old 06-07-2023, 10:05 AM

5,740 posts, read 3,245,875 times
Quote:
Are they removing your vagina? If not, then what's the problem?

What other people do with their bodies, what they're into sexually, what clothes they wear, etc.- all that stuff is their business, and not mine.

What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?
Pretty much where I'm at.

I DO have concerns about starting hormone treatments on children, from a medical POV, but if a kid gets to the age of 18, and wants to pursue sex change surgery, then so be it.

Other than that...do we believe adults should have autonomy over their lives, or not? If Elliott Page had his breasts removed, in practice, is it really any different than Jennifer Annistan having her breasts enlarged?

Old 06-07-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Pretty much where I'm at.

I DO have concerns about starting hormone treatments on children, from a medical POV, but if a kid gets to the age of 18, and wants to pursue sex change surgery, then so be it.

Other than that...do we believe adults should have autonomy over their lives, or not? If Elliott Page had his breasts removed, in practice, is it really any different than Jennifer Annistan having her breasts enlarged?
Pretty disingenuous. None of this is what is happening or what has happened.

If jennifer Annistan had her breasts enlarged (and, I cannot find any solid evidence that she did) she was over 18. We are discussing the tendencies for the woke crowd (that kisses the ring of the LGBTQxyz) to look the other way, or even post disingenuous BS, while supporting those who mutilate children. Thanks for self identifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies