Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 02:13 PM

539 posts, read 733,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The Religious Right Wing Control Brigade is out in full force now. Be careful not to wear any multicolored clothes in public, might get wacked by some nut case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nope. They believe in banning books, pretending people other than white/straight don’t exist, and controlling women’s bodies. They believe the have the right to force their beliefs on all of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Yes - for sure. I saw a rainbow after a rainstorm last week and I was like - "F" you sky! I will never patronize the sky again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Do you really think that only extreme right, religious kooks get tired of seeing same-sex promotional stuff? Can you really not grasp that many people, of various political leanings, are weary of being told how special certain people are because they prefer to have sex with people possessing matching body parts? Does a whole month devoted to "gay pride" (though it's front and center year round actually) not strike you as just a little bit puzzling, exclusionary, and unnecessary?

When do "love to have my nipples stimulated by my vibrator" people get their own special month? When do "into foursomes in a hot tub" people get their special displays in Target?

I'm not being facetious. I DO NOT CARE about anyone's sex life or love life, and the fact that you ridicule me with ignorant posts like I quoted above, is absolutely baffling to me. I have absolutely nothing against gays, or swingers, or poly's, or whatever else people do for their sexual pleasure and relationship needs. I like people to be happy, however they need to live their lives. Truly. But I am tired of all the announcements of how special gays are. They just aren't special, ok?

Do you have anything more intelligent than narrow-minded jabs to bring to the table? I'd seriously like to hear it.

Great post, kayanne.

I'd already given a rec on a previous post so I couldn't give a rec on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 02:23 PM

22,405 posts, read 29,534,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
This is exactly how I feel and I have close friends who are gay and love them dearly but the minute you disagree with the LBGTQ community you are automatically considered homophobic and disliked. Even my gays friends are sick of this nonesense.
I have gay friends. I was a stripper for 13 years and was friends with many, many gay and bisexual women. That's not my issue here. You being gay has no effect on my life. I'm very happy that they are now recognized for marriages and benefits, etc.

What I don't understand the point of is a month of where it has to be "celebrated" that people are gay. What exactly is the POINT of it?

Old 06-03-2023, 04:05 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,412,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?
Yes, freedom to not have our children poisoned in what used to be a moral society.

And if you feel like this is just my isolated opinion, just check the poll above.

Old 06-03-2023, 05:53 PM

20,971 posts, read 28,513,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have gay friends. I was a stripper for 13 years and was friends with many, many gay and bisexual women. That's not my issue here. You being gay has no effect on my life. I'm very happy that they are now recognized for marriages and benefits, etc.

What I don't understand the point of is a month of where it has to be "celebrated" that people are gay. What exactly is the POINT of it?
I don't understand it either.

Old 06-03-2023, 06:14 PM

2,712 posts, read 1,216,947 times
I already have no problem with anyone being gay. I don't need it in my face everywhere I go for them to show off. I don't need to know who is gay and who is straight. I will not go into any store that promotes trans crap in my department where I buy my clothes. If it's for trans male/female then put it in a trans section just for them.

I will not eat in a restaurant that has rainbow flags displayed because I to a restaurant to eat and relax not to have their agenda's and propaganda shoved in my face.

Old 06-03-2023, 06:27 PM

9,035 posts, read 4,736,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler5874 View Post
For not wanting to patronize a business that wants to alienate their customers?

What if a business you supported for multiple years started flying the confederate flag outside their place of business? You would continue being a customer I assume?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
If you think this is the same thing you're too stupid to argue with.
You are right, the confederate flag is not nearly as offensive.

Old 06-03-2023, 06:36 PM

9,035 posts, read 4,736,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
How in the hell does anyone “groom” a kid to be gay?
The ignorance is stunning!
Yes, your ignorance is stunning.

Go get an education.

Here is a good place to start, with basic grooming techniques.
https://theconversation.com/grooming...tify-it-181573
Quote:
Early investigations uncovered patterns of behaviour and specific techniques used by predators to gain access to and the compliance of victims. These early conclusions brought to life the concept of grooming as a non-violent technique used by sexual predators who were not strangers, but known to their victims.

Groomers placed themselves in roles that allowed them access to children, such as club leaders, carers and teachers. Investigators found that the grooming process involved “normal” adult-child interactions, such as playing games, buying gifts and trips to the park (which isolated victims). On the surface, these behaviours would not necessarily flag any concerns.
Once you learn the basics, you can look up the more advanced stuff.

Old 06-03-2023, 06:41 PM

7,476 posts, read 3,607,907 times
i don’t care. i really don’t. it’s beyond ridiculous to wear your fetishes on your sleeve. it’s also ridiculous when they parade cancer survivors out on a football field and call them heroes. stupid society is going to be stupid

Old 06-03-2023, 06:57 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,832,773 times
The poll is silly. The first two options are incredibly biased based on the OP's opinion. I am not so fragile that I have to throw a fit over something like pride month. I actually do have friends who are gay (I don't just claim to in order to try to sway people to my way of thinking like many here do) and even they aren't "shoving" pride month in anyone's face. I don't see any stores advertising it either. I guess you have to look for it so you can be offended by it? I can't imagine living life in a perpetual state of anxiety and anger over something that literally doesn't affect me. As for the comment about the confederate flag in front of a business. I wouldn't run here and make a post about it so I could drum up support for my "side". I'd just avoid doing business there. I wouldn't tell others to do so, that's their own choice. The whining and faux outrage from the anti-everything crowd is getting tiresome, to be honest.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:31 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,810,243 times
Well I know that I shop at WinCo and Safeway for certain deals I will walk over to Walmart if I can't get it from Amazon quickly. But none of them shove this in my face and I'm sure that they've hired quite a few people who live alternatively just like those that Chick-fil-A hires I don't care what you do just leave the kids alone it's really simple.

Regarding Bud light why would I buy that garbage? I'm happier with the Steel Reserve. I don't want to just drink I want to get hammered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies