Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 06:35 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Gay and angry is no way to go through life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 11:25 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you can't possibly know that.
It’s part of history

Old 06-03-2023, 01:23 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
I'm trying to ignore it. It is unnecessary to be shoved down people's throats.

Old 06-03-2023, 02:30 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
My hair dresser is a black gay cross dresser. He also does fashion shows and drag queen shows and the really funny thing, he hates pride month with a passion. When someone comes into his salon with a pride shirt, he will tell it right to their face "get that sh*$*%*%t out of here now!". He says it best, you can't claim to want equity and equal rights then want special treatment and an entire month dedicated to your group. It doesn't work that way.

Old 06-03-2023, 01:46 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Guess what? YOU DON'T NEED TO. Just as someone else doesn't need to understand things you like or value. You can simply ignore it, as something foreign to you, and save all that energy, frustration, and self-agony. And we certainly don't need to hear from you concerning your 'not understanding'.

It's not even about understanding and agreeing with others.

It's about freedoms and freedom of choice. Ever heard of those before?
When it's being SHOVED down my throat everywhere I'll say what I'm saying. Don't care what you think. WHY do you need to CELEBRATE AND ANNOUNCE what your sexual preference is to THE WORLD??? WHY can't I not agree with that?? It's UNECESSARY and because I don't agree with this crap, I'm homophobic?? Give me a break.

Old 06-03-2023, 01:55 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
I don't give my business to any business that shoves anything down my throat. That includes all pushy marketing, not just the pride kind.

I will spit it back out and leave.

I'm not interested in your sex life and frankly I don't care. But when you broadcast your sex life in public, you should expect it to be scrutinized and even criticized by the public.

Last edited by albert648; 06-03-2023 at 02:14 PM..

Old 06-03-2023, 01:56 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
When it's being SHOVED down my throat everywhere I'll say what I'm saying. Don't care what you think. WHY do you need to CELEBRATE AND ANNOUNCE what your sexual preference is to THE WORLD??? WHY can't I not agree with that?? It's UNECESSARY and because I don't agree with this crap, I'm homophobic?? Give me a break.

Just received the daily email from Walmart, only this time the promotion was for alphabet products.
I took the opportunity, upon unsubscribing; to express my annoyance with their pride stuff; and crossed them off my shopping list.

Old 06-03-2023, 02:06 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Truth this is young Skywalkers. Good would it do you to feel the Force around you. (not you pilot). I'm addressing The "pride" sect of the alphabet acronym. The ones who are indeed trying to groom children and also cram it in our faces that they feel entitled to do so. !!
How in the hell does anyone “groom” a kid to be gay? That is another of these stupid right wing buzzwords, along with woke and CRT, that are completely made up.

You think if a little boy sees a transvestite at a drag show he’s gonna suddenly decide “I want to be a woman”.? You think if a girl sees two women holding hands she’s gonna suddenly become a lesbian? A teacher teaching kids that some people are LGBTQ is not going to affect her students sexuality. The ignorance is stunning!

Old 06-03-2023, 02:08 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Quote:
This is exactly how I feel and I have close friends who are gay and love them dearly but the minute you disagree with the LBGTQ community you are automatically considered homophobic and disliked. Even my gays friends are sick of this nonesense.

Old 06-03-2023, 02:12 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
What really steams me is all these clothes with NFL team logos being sold at Target. Why must they shove that football crap down our throats? I mean, go ahead and be a football fan, fine, but why do you need to Celebrate and Announce what your favorite team is? That sheet should be kept private, and not thrown in our face constantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies