Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Border Walls to prevent illegal immigrants
Yes 146 74.49%
No 50 25.51%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 07:55 AM

23,612 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Never going to happen. Nobody’s going to stand 8 hrs in miles deep alone in a hot dessert looking to see if someone crosses, or on a cold night looking at coyotes eyes shine and snakes wrapped around their ankles. Thousands. Lol you paying for that ?? Doubt get any takers.
One thing that nobody is mentioning, is all the private land at the border and the animal migrations.
"Alone"? Imo, BP should never be out there patrolling alone, it would be too easy for them to be overcome and killed if they were alone.

Give them vehicles equipped with the latest gadgets to see and to track movements across the border. They would be able to stay in their vehicles, away from the wildlife and the elements.

What about private land and animal migration? You brought it up but you don't say anything about it.

If I owned land at the border I would welcome BP in to patrol it. I would imagine there are many who would do the same. For those who don't want BP on their lands, put patrols right outside of their property lines (on the US side) and catch the illegals from there. I bet many of the property owners would become tired of massive numbers of illegals being trapped on their property, wandering around looking for an open spot where they might be able to continue their journey.

Animal migration, whose fault is it that their migration paths are blocked? If people weren't coming here in such numbers than there would be no need for a wall and animals could freely move around. Put the blame where it belongs.

But anyway, there should be well-guarded by BP small gates put in to allow large and small animals to cross. Put in the gateways and build small buildings equipped with the electronics needed next to them so that BP can be out of sight of the animals that cross but still be able to watch the gateways for human traffic.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:16 AM

23,985 posts, read 15,086,618 times
No place for me to vote.

Walls will slow down those looking for an easy way in. They will not stop the committed or the criminals.

Do those tunnel sensors look for fumes from fuel or stuff moving? How do they identify a tunnel?

We still have EB-5 visas. Invest over 800K and bring in the whole family. And the government gives you years to invest.

We still have birth tourism.

The congress needs to resolve the border issue instead of using it as a wedge issue to gain votes.

Allowing whatever any 4 0r 8 year POTUS pick and choose what to enforce is plain stupid.

But it works for the politicians to make noise and do nothing. Industry gets cheap labor while the taxpayer gets the bill.

Meanwhile politicians on both sides take advantage of doing nothing. A poem is not immigration policy.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:32 AM

1,719 posts, read 732,109 times
The Israelis have walls that work quite well.

Of course, they patrol and enforce them.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:20 AM

23,612 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
The Israelis have walls that work quite well.

Of course, they patrol and enforce them.
Yep.

Our ruling

Johnson said Israel cut its illegal immigration rate by "99 percent" by constructing a 143-mile fence along its southern border.

Israeli government data support Johnson’s statement. However, experts say the fence alone is not responsible for the dramatic decrease in illegal immigration, policies have also deterred illegal border crossings. Border security experts also caution about comparing Israel and the United States’ southern borders -- the U.S.-Mexico border is much longer than the Israel-Egypt border, terrain conditions are different and more agents would be needed to monitor the U.S. border.

Johnson’s statement is accurate, but needs additional information. We rate it Mostly True.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ration-99-per/

Their illegal immigration rate was cut by "99 percent", wow. If only there were those in this country who were just as willing to protect this country as those in Israel are in their country.

The US has helped many countries with their border security, and likely helped Israel too. I don't recall the anti-wall folks complaining about their tax money going to these other countries for walls and other types of border security.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:58 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I read that the cartels, with money to burn, have dug 187 tunnels beneath our Border wall, over the years. One cartel member bought a warehouse in El Paso, close to the Border, and dug a tunnel directly to the warehouse, and if not a warehouse, it could be a house close to the border.

I voted No!
Extremely doubtful that a successful tunnel under the Rio Grande River has ever been built — there is no record of one. I spent a hour checking and couldn’t find anything. Tunneling under a River is possible, just not by hand.
There have been instances in El Paso of the illegal Aliens come up into El Paso city storm drains.

17 migrants rescued from drain tunnel in South Central El Paso

Interesting article about Tunnels all over Texas and how they may have originated.

Exploring the underground tunnels of West Texas

The Arizona Border has the most Tunnels, California is second according to Legislation in the US Senate.
Most of the Tunnels are used mainly for Drug and Weapon smuggling.

Let’s get REAL here — the illegals don’t need Tunnels, they have TeamBiden Welcome Committees with free smart phones, free travel arrangements, free debit cards, free lodging, free food and 7-10 years to wait and see if they ever show up for their Hearings. They come from all over the World for this Sweet Deal.

Between 5-7 MILLION in just over 2 years …. All on the public Dole.
There are the “Got-Aways” also — they would be the Worst of the Worst, uncounted because they are Criminals and Foreign Terrorists.

It’s Unsustainable— worse, it’s Un- Constitutional. Our Immigration Laws are ignored
The Oath to protect our Borders is ignored. There WILL be a Tipping Point.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:09 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"Alone"? Imo, BP should never be out there patrolling alone, it would be too easy for them to be overcome and killed if they were alone.

Give them vehicles equipped with the latest gadgets to see and to track movements across the border. They would be able to stay in their vehicles, away from the wildlife and the elements.

What about private land and animal migration? You brought it up but you don't say anything about it.

If I owned land at the border I would welcome BP in to patrol it. I would imagine there are many who would do the same. For those who don't want BP on their lands, put patrols right outside of their property lines (on the US side) and catch the illegals from there. I bet many of the property owners would become tired of massive numbers of illegals being trapped on their property, wandering around looking for an open spot where they might be able to continue their journey.

Animal migration, whose fault is it that their migration paths are blocked? If people weren't coming here in such numbers than there would be no need for a wall and animals could freely move around. Put the blame where it belongs.

But anyway, there should be well-guarded by BP small gates put in to allow large and small animals to cross. Put in the gateways and build small buildings equipped with the electronics needed next to them so that BP can be out of sight of the animals that cross but still be able to watch the gateways for human traffic.
Notice how that poster constantly cracks jokes about any type of enforcement of our immigration laws including any border security? You can always tell who the illegal alien supporters are even if they deny it. I don't discuss this issue with those type of people anymore. It's a waste of time as they don't even have the guts to admit their vested interest in this issue. The majority of them have ethnic or personal ties to these illegals. They fool no one!

Old 06-03-2023, 10:17 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
We don't need a physical wall. Armed drones can beat back this invasion of peasants.
You actually think a drone will stop illegal aliens? They would more likely smile and wave as they enter the country.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:17 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes people who knowingly employ illegals should be gone after, whether they are "wealthy businessmen" or average people who hire illegals to work on their homes. But doing that alone won't stop them from coming here since many don't come here to work. Doing that would just be a part of what needs to be done.
Not true at all. A useless wall was a bone that Trump threw out to his base in order to try and make them think he was "tough on immigration". It's a diversion from the only viable solution of prosecuting those who employ illegal immigrants. He made a career out of using the cheap labor of illegal immigrants to build his empire. So yeah, no way was he going to present a real solution so he threw the bone and you guys ate it up and took it as gospel.

Walls don't keep people out. It's been proven over and over how easy is is to get around them yet the Trump base continue to cling to the lie. That's part of the reason we collectively fired Trump in November 2020.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:19 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
No place for me to vote.

Walls will slow down those looking for an easy way in. They will not stop the committed or the criminals.

Do those tunnel sensors look for fumes from fuel or stuff moving? How do they identify a tunnel?

We still have EB-5 visas. Invest over 800K and bring in the whole family. And the government gives you years to invest.

We still have birth tourism.

The congress needs to resolve the border issue instead of using it as a wedge issue to gain votes.

Allowing whatever any 4 0r 8 year POTUS pick and choose what to enforce is plain stupid.

But it works for the politicians to make noise and do nothing. Industry gets cheap labor while the taxpayer gets the bill.

Meanwhile politicians on both sides take advantage of doing nothing. A poem is not immigration policy.

Walls are the easy way to get in? What part of walls and other security measures will stop most of them don't you get? I don't care how committed one is that doesn't mean they will succeed in getting into our country.

I'm not a tunnel sensor expert but no one has built a tunnel under Trump's walls with them in place.

How many illegals have 800K? They don't and that's why they sneak in here.

Yes, birth tourism and anchor babies need to be stopped from getting our birthright citizenship.

The only ones using the border as a wedge issue are the Democrats to retain the minority vote especially the ethnocentric Hispanic citizen vote. Bleeding heart white liberals are another problem.

Yes, there are many politicians that want the cheap labor to but there are some who do want to solve this problem and Trump made an attempt at it.

I find that naysayers like yourself actually have a vested interest in illegal immigration in spite of the denials.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:20 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
you must stop talking out of your ass. it's embarrassing.

there is no oubound inspection for anybody leaving the US via the land border or even via the int'l airport.

source: i work for CBP
Countries like Costa Rica and Mexico has a large American population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies