Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Border Walls to prevent illegal immigrants
Yes 146 74.49%
No 50 25.51%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 10:51 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
Exactly. Is better to do something than nothing.
Yeah. The same "logic" says dumping money in the toilet is action, and better than doing nothing. Got it.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:52 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,061,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
Yes I stated this on my post. Democrats are just letting them in left and right just for the sake of votes.

Perhaps, but the main reason has always been; to grow an economy you must grow the population.
It truly is that simple.

And people are now having less babies.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:54 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
As long as people give them jobs, and bus them in, and put them to work as cheap labor in factories and on crews, they'll continue to come in.

Walls are no obstacle. Capitalism and the demand for cheap labor are bigger than walls.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:56 AM

147 posts, read 112,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Yeah. The same logic says dumping money in the toilet is action, and better than doing nothing. Got it.

Historically have proven that border walls works. Is not dumping money in the toilet. It works. Why do other countries have border walls and it works for them.

Is dumping money in the toilet letting illegals come in here left and right.

I guess you dont mind giving your money away to people who just want a free pass and breaking the laws. Also I am guessing you like to have your house with no fences, walls , windows and doors. okay then.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:57 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,580,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Not only is there not a wall, Biden is inviting them in. A country without borders is not a country.
We don't have a border wall? At all? Fascinating.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:58 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Anyone is free to leave at any time.
You think so? Try cashing out and leaving the US and see what happens.

Walls can be used to keep invaders out. But they are ALSO used to keep Citizens, IN.

It used to be you could leave without question. Now you must pass through outgoing border control of varying degrees. Your picture is often taken for facial recognition and comparison to no-fly and wanted databases. Same driving, license plates and drivers are photographed.

It is only one more step to requiring exit visas, and shooting "escapees." Ala the Berlin Wall.

Old 06-01-2023, 11:00 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Existing immigration laws work perfectly when enforced. Laws that aren’t enforced don’t need reform. That’s just leftist garbage.

The “current need” is to lock up politicians that don’t do their part to enforce existing laws. Sanctuary city democrat mayors need to be locked up immediately. A 10 year minimum prison sentence would do wonders for illegal alien numbers.
Excellent example of the right-wing echo chamber but the ability to request asylum is still on the books and that's the laws they are following. They have only recently suspended the requirement that you must be in the USA to file regardless of how you arrive but this needs to be made permanent.

Will we be locking up all the businesses who are taking advantage of these undocumented workers how about the Republican Governors? I can't say Republican Mayors because it seems they don't exist unless it is some type of rich suburb, no real examples in a real city....

Old 06-01-2023, 11:05 AM

225 posts, read 117,629 times
The No votes just spiked a bit. That's suburban housewives voting now that The View broadcast is over. An excellent news source.

Old 06-01-2023, 11:12 AM

147 posts, read 112,818 times
Border walls work. And they work well. They've worked for thousands of years. Anyone who argues they don't work is simply ignorant of history. There are about 65 countries that have or that are building border walls.

Again why do you build fences around your house, have windows, walls and doors. Then add security. Because is the safest and it works.

Old 06-01-2023, 11:22 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I read that the cartels, with money to burn, have dug 187 tunnels beneath our Border wall, over the years. One cartel member bought a warehouse in El Paso, close to the Border, and dug a tunnel directly to the warehouse, and if not a warehouse, it could be a house close to the border.

I voted No!
Ever heard of tunnel sensors? They were built under the portion of walls that Trump already completed. Personally, I get the feeling that you have an ulterior motive for voting no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies