Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2023, 04:58 PM
exm

3,735 posts, read 1,793,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump likes being the first at everything. So now he will be the first twice impeached twice indicted former president.
I think history will look back at the injustice done to President Trump. If you think it’s normal how they are trying to get him, fine. But the history books will show how corrupt all of this is.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:00 PM

30,212 posts, read 11,874,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
This a fair assessment. The problem the DOJ in the coir of public opinion, we have other cases where there was no prosecution.

I’m surprised they indicted without treason. The fact they put the Bedminister stuff in there shows how weak this is, because that fact is immaterial to this case, they aren’t charging him with disclosing classified material.

It was there to stir up the emotions of TDS sufferers.

If Trump gave for example top secrets on Russia to Putin anything to any of our enemies like China. That is a line you cannot cross and he would have been aiding and abetting our enemies. However showing off to some of his rich friends is Trump being Trump.

20,884 posts, read 9,592,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I think history will look back at the injustice done to President Trump. If you think it’s normal how they are trying to get him, fine. But the history books will show how corrupt all of this is.
Wrong, history books will show how corrupt Trump is.

7,825 posts, read 2,739,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Like I referenced in the NPR story. And I would imagine every single MSM news outlet ran similar stories that intent is what matters. Trump is a buffoon. He was not trying to damage the country. He was trying to look like a big shot who does not follow the rules. Like Gen. Petraeus. Take Trump's security clearance away. That would effectively make it impossible for him to be POTUS and a good idea for someone who cannot be trusted with national secrets. Make him write 100 times on the blackboard he was wrong to do what he did. But I care more about the future of the country than "getting" Trump. Way more.

Most of you its all about getting Trump.
I actually agree with you there. I haven't posted about Trump in several months. I don't care if they get him or not....I want him extradited from this country's body politic. And the national security aspect of this is simply infuriating.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump likes being the first at everything. So now he will be the first twice impeached twice indicted former president.
I forgot. How did the impeachment turn out?

Old 06-09-2023, 05:02 PM

20,884 posts, read 9,592,503 times
Quote:
However showing off to some of his rich friends is Trump being Trump.
That's like saying a serial killer is just a serial killer being himself, so we should let him off the hook.

"Ted Bundy killing yet another person? Oh well that's just Ted being Ted. No big deal."

Old 06-09-2023, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is a ridiculous assertion. It is irrelevant the reason he took the documents. It was illegal for him to take them in the first place (which he did) and to show them to other people who don't have security clearances (which he did). He broke the law. Period, end of story.
And I documented what happens when high ranking officials take documents that don't belong to them, lie about it to the feds and show them to others.

Probation. Not 100 years in prison. My point was intent. If someone takes documents with the intention of harming the USA. Very different. Trump was being Trump. That is very important in this. I not saying he was right here. But you can't have two sets of rules. Rules when Trump takes documents and rules for everyone else. Yes there is law and order. But it has to be applied fairly its not ok to punish your enemies more severely.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:05 PM

19,851 posts, read 22,759,595 times
Quote:
Like I referenced in the NPR story. And I would imagine every single MSM news outlet ran similar stories that intent is what matters. Trump is a buffoon. He was not trying to damage the country. He was trying to look like a big shot who does not follow the rules. Like Gen. Petraeus. Take Trump's security clearance away. That would effectively make it impossible for him to be POTUS and a good idea for someone who cannot be trusted with national secrets. Make him write 100 times on the blackboard he was wrong to do what he did. But I care more about the future of the country than "getting" Trump. Way more.

Most of you its all about getting Trump.
It’s not about ‘getting Trump’. What he’s accused of doing is egregious when put on the scale. I hope Justice is served, either way, and I hope current and future crimes of this nature are prosecuted as well.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:06 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,271,375 times
Quote:
I think it pretty much guarantees that a Republican will be in the WH in January 2025. This is going to be all over the news right up to election day. The country might burn down in the process which would be horrible but the left should have just let this go. Horrible error.

Now I will say this the GA case and Jan 6th are much more serious. These first two indictments are essentially misdemeanors made into felonies.
Trump is the one who made the document handling misdemeanors into felonies in 2018, don’t forget. Hillary was thd target then.

Karma never sleeps. Trump has literally destroyed himself by his own hand.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:07 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,427,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This is all a ruse to prevent Trump from campaigning.
No, it's not!
Trump has been playing games with the missing records and the fBI for a year now. He knew, or should have known, the games would stop sooner or later and things would turn serious. Anyone who's been paying half-attention over the past year knows this.

But even with all this stuff happening, Trump can still go out on the campaign trail. No one will stop him until he's convicted or something.

...the only ruse was the one Trump tried to pull. If he hadn't tried to hide his little trophies, and had just surrendered them when he as asked to give them back, none of this would be happening right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies