Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2023, 07:52 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,271,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Recall during the Mar-a-Lago raid the FBI agents blocked Trump lawyers and other aids from being close to them. Why? Planting fake "evidence" and take staged photos ?

(cuebald: who cares where you worked. If you were trying to argue, you failed horribly)
High praise from the likes of you. I will consider the source.

At least two of the movies made money, BTW.

Filming a documentary is called “work”. You don’t have to be affiliated with the subject to do the job. A good documentary presents facts like Walter Cronkite used to do, and presents all aspects with no consideration or sympathy for the subject. Have you seen her doc on Michelle? I have not. I didn’t know it existed until the absurd post trying to smear Jack Smith because his wife is employed, which is pretty weak sauce.

Lastly, you need better sources than Daily Mail and NYP. Tabloids are not reliable sources.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:55 PM

30,211 posts, read 11,874,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
No intention of committing a crime?? Are you freaking kidding? This man told his flunky Walt to keep boxes from his lawyer who was trying to search them to respond to the May 11 subpoena, thus forcing the lawyer into making a fraudulent statement that all of the boxes had been searched and all remaining documents were provided. That is the very definition of intent to commit a crime, the crime being obstruction. Obstruction is a felony.
No intention of using the documents to send to another country or use to aid an enemy something that these laws were created for. As I have shown many times. Just having the documents, lying to the feds or showing them to friends in previous cases does not result in prison time.

I have asked many of your to find cases like this where someone goes to prison. Again where they are not intending to sell the documents, only have them. I am not defending Trumps actions with keeping these documents only putting it into context of other similar cases.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:56 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,740,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
But like I linked earlier. The "bar" on something like this is intent. Not intent to lie to the feds or get your lawyer or driver to lie for you. Its intending to use the documents to give to a enemy or sell them. This case has more moving parts but Trump was doing this to show off or simply showed bad judgement.
Well, the allegations make it clear that he knew it was wrong to take them because he spoke publicly about the importance of keeping classified documents secure. And he oversaw packing up the documents and plotted to hide them from his attorneys and the authorities. He also hinted to his attorney that he should destroy some of the classified documents. This behavior goes beyond Trump being a buffoon and a braggart and is illegal in and of itself. He also took no steps to secure any of the documents, putting national security at risk.

I don't think it's accurate to compare what Trump is accused of doing with what other people who received very light punishments have been accused of doing.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:02 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,334,468 times
Quote:
No intention of using the documents to send to another country or use to aid an enemy something that these laws were created for. As I have shown many times. Just having the documents, lying to the feds or showing them to friends in previous cases does not result in prison time.

I have asked many of your to find cases like this where someone goes to prison. Again where they are not intending to sell the documents, only have them.
That will be decided in court, still extremely dangerous for a president to be acting like a child showing secret documents around as if they’re baseball cards. Who knows the background of people in a room as a golf club. This intelligence is gathered from field intelligence, it could get contacts killed.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Well, the allegations make it clear that he knew it was wrong to take them because he spoke publicly about the importance of keeping classified documents secure. And he oversaw packing up the documents and plotted to hide them from his attorneys and the authorities. He also hinted to his attorney that he should destroy some of the classified documents. This behavior goes beyond Trump being a buffoon and a braggart and is illegal in and of itself. He also took no steps to secure any of the documents, putting national security at risk.

I don't think it's accurate to compare what Trump is accused of doing with what other people who received very light punishments have been accused of doing.
I think it is accurate. Like I linked what matters is intent. If one is intending to use the documents to sell or give you another country. That is why the law was written for. Being careless is not. And I have shown cases were the FEDS were lied to and no prison time. People were careless with classified docs. No prison time.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,074,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Recall during the Mar-a-Lago raid the FBI agents blocked Trump lawyers and other aids from being close to them. Why? Planting fake "evidence" and take staged photos ?
Who said that?

Oh wait Trump? LOL....

Old 06-09-2023, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That will be decided in court, still extremely dangerous for a president to be acting like a child showing secret documents around as if they’re baseball cards. Who knows the background of people in a room as a golf club. This intelligence is gathered from field intelligence, it could get contacts killed.
I get your points. If acting like a child was a crime Trump is very guilty going way back. We saw it for 4 years. This could have been avoided but here we are.

Again its intent. Did Trump intend to get people killed? I don't think so. What he did was wrong. But I am talking what is usually something people get charged for. Not just being wrong.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:16 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,688,776 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyWpbq4jCtQ

Old 06-09-2023, 08:17 PM

7,667 posts, read 8,746,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Got any proof of that? Or are you just blurting out rubbish to make yourself feel good?
The burden is on FBI to prove what they alleged was true and not staged.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:24 PM

1,397 posts, read 680,183 times
Quote:
I forgot. How did the impeachment turn out?
Without a hitch. It worked so well, they impeached him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies