Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2023, 02:54 PM

1,212 posts, read 744,419 times

Advertisements

One of the classified documents was a technique that would be used if Iran were to be invaded.

See, that's an analyst report using broadly available information. The document was classified because it was read by the president. There are millions of these analyst reports. The ones that are read and held by the president are then classified because they provide a viewpoint of the president's thinking.

A truly classified document would be uranium enrichment methods. Or a truly classified document would be conditions whereby the missile defense system fails. Truly classified documents would be specific technical information. Policy advocacy, or basic logistical suggestions, by an analyst is not truly classified information.

I think the analysts and diplomats like to herald their own importance

Old 06-21-2023, 02:58 PM

18,448 posts, read 15,901,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yes this has not been addressed enough. Can we think of any other high profile case where the defendant has not solidified his representation at this point in the process? This is yet another big problem for President Trump.
I can't think of another high profile client in which the lawyers are like in a revolving door, with some almost sprinting to get away.

It's a tossup whether he went through lawyers faster or his best-ever-people-hired during his 4 yr term, faster.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:24 PM

2,754 posts, read 1,245,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I say the FBI needs to raid all the homes, offices and storage areas of all the former presidents, so we can indict them for the same exact charges as well.
And their spouses, Secretary of State positions. It is not just former presidents who have access. I believe Hillary was warned ahead of time they were coming to search her that is how she had time to scrap literally everything she could and her staff as well. She is such a good suck up to all politicians it doesn't surprise me that anything they would find she would get away with just turning it over without any charges.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:27 PM

5,070 posts, read 6,378,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Block View Post
One of the classified documents was a technique that would be used if Iran were to be invaded.

See, that's an analyst report using broadly available information. The document was classified because it was read by the president. There are millions of these analyst reports. The ones that are read and held by the president are then classified because they provide a viewpoint of the president's thinking.

A truly classified document would be uranium enrichment methods. Or a truly classified document would be conditions whereby the missile defense system fails. Truly classified documents would be specific technical information. Policy advocacy, or basic logistical suggestions, by an analyst is not truly classified information.

I think the analysts and diplomats like to herald their own importance
Based on your words here, I think you do not understand how classification works. I further think you have probably never held a clearance. Nothing wrong with that, but there are some specific criteria for why a document might be classified based on other reasons than you outlined here.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:29 PM

4,392 posts, read 4,261,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I can't think of another high profile client in which the lawyers are like in a revolving door, with some almost sprinting to get away.

It's a tossup whether he went through lawyers faster or his best-ever-people-hired during his 4 yr term, faster.
It remains to be seen whether the next Trump legal team members will pass the salad test, unlike a recent UK prime minister.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:31 PM

16,378 posts, read 10,533,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
My god, are you people delusional? Seriously, I'm asking.

DJT is literally the highest profile person in the entire world right now, and y'all are still whining that "he can't get a lawyer"? At first I found it amusing now I find it silly and pretty stupid.

There are attorneys foaming at the mouth to retain him.

Please join reality.

Hunter Biden gets a very serious felony gun charge essentially dropped but we're trying to give DJT the electric chair over BS papers that all presidents hang on to?

All this does is make you guys weaker and us stronger.

Majority of Americans think the law/government/doj has been weaponized. Over 60%. The more y'all mess with him just the higher that number will go. America was founded on hating the government and having it stay out of their lives.
Actually I am living in reality. And the reality is 2 of his lawyers quit right after the indictment. If lawyers were in fact "foaming at the mouth" it seems as if they would never have quit or at the least he would have another team in place by now. As I have posted I can't remember such a high profile case where the defendant does not have his legal team in place at the time of arraignment. Can you? If so please show your work. There may be a random example or 2 but this is hardly the norm.

This was my entire point.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 06-21-2023 at 03:58 PM..

Old 06-21-2023, 03:56 PM

16,378 posts, read 10,533,388 times
I understand this is hypothetical as the trial has not even started. But let's say he is found guilty even with a very pro-Trump judge and a sympathetic pro-Trump Florida jury. We hear the evidence, we hear the audio recording and witness accounts. What will his defenders say then? It will be interesting reading if it comes to that.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:16 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,797,696 times
Quote:
I understand this is hypothetical as the trial has not even started. But let's say he is found guilty even with a very pro-Trump judge and a sympathetic pro-Trump Florida jury. We hear the evidence, we hear the audio recording and witness accounts. What will his defenders say then? It will be interesting reading if it comes to that.
They won’t care.
Remember Jonestown?
There is a reason they call it drinking the kool aid.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:16 PM

10,138 posts, read 6,516,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
I am asking seriously, b/c your post made me curious.

If you live on a hill above a naval base, or in close enough proximity to a base of some sort, does the military make you sign something?
I lived 2 blocks from a large naval base, and AFAIK, none of my neighbors ever signed anything. I didn't either, but then I had TS/SCI+ clearances.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:17 PM

2,045 posts, read 777,422 times
Quote:
Just curious, what accusation in the indictment is proven by the audio tape?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies