Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2023, 04:16 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,790,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I understand this is hypothetical as the trial has not even started. But let's say he is found guilty even with a very pro-Trump judge and a sympathetic pro-Trump Florida jury. We hear the evidence, we hear the audio recording and witness accounts. What will his defenders say then? It will be interesting reading if it comes to that.
They won’t care.
Remember Jonestown?
There is a reason they call it drinking the kool aid.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:16 PM

10,118 posts, read 6,469,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
I am asking seriously, b/c your post made me curious.

If you live on a hill above a naval base, or in close enough proximity to a base of some sort, does the military make you sign something?
I lived 2 blocks from a large naval base, and AFAIK, none of my neighbors ever signed anything. I didn't either, but then I had TS/SCI+ clearances.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:17 PM

2,004 posts, read 766,732 times
Quote:
I understand this is hypothetical as the trial has not even started. But let's say he is found guilty even with a very pro-Trump judge and a sympathetic pro-Trump Florida jury. We hear the evidence, we hear the audio recording and witness accounts. What will his defenders say then? It will be interesting reading if it comes to that.
Just curious, what accusation in the indictment is proven by the audio tape?

Old 06-21-2023, 04:33 PM
exm

3,735 posts, read 1,793,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
This is my fear. And if that were to happen, that would be bad for the country/
Biden deserves to be indicted. Hopefully the GOP can go for it in 2025. Maybe then the powers to be will take a step back: the GOP has to hit back hard to stop this left nonsense.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:45 PM

1,100 posts, read 434,362 times
Quote:
Actually I am living in reality. And the reality is 2 of his lawyers quit right after the indictment. If lawyers were in fact "foaming at the mouth" it seems as if they would never have quit or at the least he would have another team in place by now. As I have posted I can't remember such a high profile case where the defendant does not have his legal team in place at the time of arraignment. Can you? If so please show your work. There may be a random example or 2 but this is hardly the norm.

This was my entire point.

You don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Trump could have fired them all, my guess is he's firing lawyers left and right.

You honestly think egomaniac lawyers (and there are a lot of them) have no desire to represent the highest profile person on the planet?

Old 06-21-2023, 04:49 PM

16,334 posts, read 10,462,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Just curious, what accusation in the indictment is proven by the audio tape?
Per the indictment it sounded clear that he was showing highly sensitive military documents to guests at his home. Not that I want to get into this part but he also said as President he could have declassified the documents but now he couldn't.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:50 PM

16,334 posts, read 10,462,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
You don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Trump could have fired them all, my guess is he's firing lawyers left and right.

You honestly think egomaniac lawyers (and there are a lot of them) have no desire to represent the highest profile person on the planet?
Then please explain why he is still searching for representation days after he was indicted. Seems pretty clear that if they were lining up to represent him they would have been in place by Tuesday no? Again can you think of another high profile case where the legal team is not in place at the time of indictment?

Old 06-21-2023, 04:54 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,729,585 times
Quote:
My god, are you people delusional? Seriously, I'm asking.

DJT is literally the highest profile person in the entire world right now, and y'all are still whining that "he can't get a lawyer"? At first I found it amusing now I find it silly and pretty stupid.

There are attorneys foaming at the mouth to retain him.
So where are they?

Old 06-21-2023, 05:15 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,271,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
They won’t care.
Remember Jonestown?
There is a reason they call it drinking the kool aid.
Knowing Trump, he’d charge them for the kool aid.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:19 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,271,375 times
Quote:

A lot of them absolutely do not want to work for Trump. He has the reputation of not listening, running his mouth and confessing on TV and social media, and not paying for legal work.

I doubt you’d work for free. Attorneys feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies