Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2023, 08:45 AM

25,917 posts, read 18,928,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Actually, I think it was.
Who is it that blows a head gasket every time they see anything that has to do with the "old south" or the CSA?

Old 06-10-2023, 08:47 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,212,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Even cracker barrel is turning woke what is this world coming to

https://nypost.com/2023/06/09/cracke...air-for-pride/

I am surprised they still allowed to say that their name is “cracker” barrel..thought they should go the way of “aunt Jemima” went?

Where is the woke people and the outrage when you need them?

P.S. jk

Old 06-10-2023, 08:59 AM

39,889 posts, read 26,570,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Hard time for the homophobes who need to see their values reflected back at them for sure.
Hard time for pedophiles and groomers now that normal people are actually trying to protect children from them.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:08 AM

39,889 posts, read 26,570,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This has nothing to do with a fear of Homos (your word not mine). I realize some of the left want to control every facet of our lives, especially our children, but it isn't going to happen. I am seeing one of the biggest rebellions in my life, as the LGBTQ+ radicals make life harder for those that identify as gay, lesbian, etc. but do not support the violence, the threats, the movement to desensitize children to all sorts of sexual matter, including adults fondling children, nor stopping the rights of others to boycott or speak, unless they approve of the elements of the agenda.

All of this "in your face" has indeed been something that now, you will find that you have woken up a sleeping giant that you may wish was still sleeping!

My guess is that with the current push, and the push back, the numbers claiming to be an active part of the LGBTQ+ movement will step back, and leave you standing there. Your group really stepped in it when you decided to try to make OUR kids YOUR kids, and to push some pretty silly notions!

Let's face it, the whole idea that all that some group has to celebrate is their sexuality in the faces of others, maybe they need to spend less time worrying about trying to force acceptance, and actually accomplishing something to be proud of.

Seriously, no one cares about what you do. You have the same rights as everyone else, but that isn't good enough, because you want to force acceptance, which will not happen. The way the group is acting now by being radical and hateful, tolerance for the group is wearing thin! If you are so confident in who you are, you don't need others to validate you. Think about it.
It has nothing to do with simple acceptance. The far left, especially the TAs, want nothing more than subjugation of those that do not agree with them. They are hate-filled, intolerant bigots that want to be the dominant, ruling class. They make up a significant part of the modern day fascists we see daily from the left, including the Democratic party.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:09 AM

4,897 posts, read 3,323,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Imagine a world where people are triggered by a rocking chair.

Yeah... and statues and pronouns and black-face when it was still 'acceptable' and yada yada yada.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:13 AM

47,023 posts, read 26,080,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Seriously, no one cares about what you do. You have the same rights as everyone else....
The right to hold hands in public without being yelled at? Because until we're there, I'd argue - not so much.

For same-sex couples to get the legal right to get married took decades of fighting, and people like you will take that away as soon as you see an opening. Don't pretend otherwise.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:19 AM

47,023 posts, read 26,080,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
I am surprised they still allowed to say that their name is “cracker” barrel..thought they should go the way of “aunt Jemima” went?

Where is the woke people and the outrage when you need them?

P.S. jk
It's fairly unsubtle, isn't it? Advertises to the public in general that you're unlikely to have to be confronted with, y'know - those people.

Back in the 1930s, some of the better resorts in upstate New York resorts sported discrete signs - "Pork served on Saturdays". Nothing as crass as out-and-out turning Jewish customers away, they just advertised to the rest of the clientele that it was, y'know, less likely that they'd run into - those people.

Good business sense.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:22 AM

27,652 posts, read 28,756,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Imagine a world where a rocking chair needs to be woke.

This is what the left creates.
The rainbow flag has become a symbol of left-wing political authoritarianism.

Any business that feels the need to display it prominently needs to be boycotted by all true Americans.

Old 06-10-2023, 10:15 AM

50,406 posts, read 64,141,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Cracker Barrel is cute and charming - but the items are overpriced. Food is OK but again a bit expensive - I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. Stock has been steadily falling since March 2021 and I think this ploy is only to increase revenue - unfortunately - I think there are more people that are sick of the woke BS - even if they won't publicly - say so than there are supporters.
It could have been late 1980s, or early 90s. I’m sure some things have changed since then. We don’t go there much now, although I did get their Thanksgiving take out last year and it was pretty good.

Old 06-10-2023, 10:19 AM

6,113 posts, read 2,885,138 times
Another business that does not understand its audience.

Two things:

#1: Does this mean they were not accepting of other before?

#2: If they are accepting of everyone, why are they singling out a certain group of people to be overly accepting towards? That makes it seem as though one particular group of people needs more acceptance than the rest. Is Cracker Barrel suggesting that the alphabet people need special acceptance, rather than equal acceptance? It sounds discriminatory, to me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies