Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 02:59 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,926,099 times

Advertisements

"it's just a rocking chair". Anyone who says this is either legitimately ignorant or just in denial. This coming from the left I assume both. Obviously there is no getting the point across.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:09 PM

13,979 posts, read 8,146,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I know this quite well. I lived in SF from the early '80s through the 90's. Seeing the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence at events was always fun. I never watched the 700 club or anything religious or evangelical, but I certainly knew about homophobia from hearing about it from my gay buds.
I grew up in SF and remember the group had a booth on Castro Street on Halloween. They would solicit donations for charity during the parade. As they became more popular, they were spotted around town at various charity events.

But their shtick has always been seen by many Catholics as insulting.

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence often parody sacred religious rituals in an offensive manner. Examples include their “Our Bother” prayer and their “Condom Savior Communion,” which makes fun of the Catholic Mass while distributing something of which the Church strongly disapproves. Additionally, they sexualize religious figures with their annual “Hunky Jesus” and “Foxy Mary” contests. A slogan at the bottom of the Sisters’ webpage reads, “Go forth and sin some more,” the very opposite of what Christianity endorses.
https://fordhamobserver.com/40310/op...appropriation/

Old 06-10-2023, 03:17 PM

6,432 posts, read 2,753,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Pride month and drag queens are nothing new. What is new is that homophobia is back in style. This is how it was back in the 80s/90s, but you didn't have social media back then. If you watched the 700 club however, you knew about everything the gay community was supposedly doing.
I never watched the 700 club so I guess I wasn't really aware of what was going on in the 80's and 90's.

So the gay community was pushing hormone treatments and surgeries on minors?
They were telling women that they had to accept men in their restrooms and locker rooms?
They were telling women that men are allowed to compete in Women's sports?
There was a "Drag Queen" Storytime back in the 80's.
There were "family-friendly" Drag Shows?

Thanks for the enlightenment. I never knew that the gay community was doing the exact same thing that is happening today.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:21 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,942,128 times
Imagine having nothing better to do in life than to get your knickers in a twist over some chair colors.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:27 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,217,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Nope...look at what the driving factor is, or should I say what group is the driving factor.

Before this certain group pushed their agenda
[*]Lesbian women were not demanding access to men's rooms
Women were demanding more bathrooms at baseball parks in the seventies.
Quote:
[*]Gay men were not demanding access to women's rooms
I remember an article on this in Life magazine, which ceased publishing in 1972.
Quote:
[*]Don't recall hearing complaints about Gays or Lesbian reading stories to children
It happened. No one complained. Did you see "Mrs. Doubtfire"?
Quote:
[*]You didn't have gay men saying that they wanted to compete against women.
Remember Renee Richards and what Chrissie Evert said about playing against her? That was in '76.

'Plus ca' change', dude.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:30 PM

27,694 posts, read 28,810,676 times
Quote:

They were telling women that they had to accept men in their restrooms and locker rooms?

There was a "Drag Queen" Storytime back in the 80's?

I don’t remember any of these things happening in any significant way more than 4 or 5 years ago.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:34 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,217,384 times
Quote:
I never watched the 700 club so I guess I wasn't really aware of what was going on in the 80's and 90's.

Research Christine Jorgensen
Quote:
Research Renee Richards
Quote:
Research Tamara Press
Quote:
There was a "Drag Queen" Storytime back in the 80's.
Research Dame Edna Everage or Divine

Quote:

Thanks for the enlightenment. I never knew that the gay community was doing the exact same thing that is happening today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don’t remember any of these things happening in any significant way more than 4 or 5 years ago.
You just didn't know.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 13,803,467 times
Quote:
Nope...look at what the driving factor is, or should I say what group is the driving factor.

Before this certain group pushed their agenda
  • Lesbian women were not demanding access to men's rooms
  • Gay men were not demanding access to women's rooms
  • Don't recall hearing complaints about Gays or Lesbian reading stories to children
  • You didn't have gay men saying that they wanted to compete against women.
  • Didn't have schools telling parents that they have no rights if their child wants to take drugs or have procedures done to their bodies.
Why would Lesbian women demand access to men's room? They already have access to what they are looking for in their own bathrooms.

Why would gay men demand access to the women's room? There are no poles over there unless some tranny is in there.

You don't recall hearing complaints about Gays and Lesbians reading stories to children? For decades this was the reason conservatives didn't want Gays in the classrooms.

Gay men don't want to compete against women in sports because they aren't women.... and haven't done the things to change their own physiology to limit their ability to compete with men.

Schools don't actually have control over parental rights no matter what the school might tell them.

Old 06-10-2023, 04:07 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,817,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Even cracker barrel is turning woke what is this world coming to

https://nypost.com/2023/06/09/cracke...air-for-pride/
Well without admitting everything out in the whole wide world but gay people also like Cracker barrel too. At least that's my take on it yes it is pandering but they do have money they do like to eat.

Old 06-10-2023, 05:41 PM

34,152 posts, read 17,220,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It could have been late 1980s, or early 90s. I’m sure some things have changed since then. We don’t go there much now, although I did get their Thanksgiving take out last year and it was pretty good.
Their breakfast is decent. The rest is worse than my long ago college cafeteria food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies