Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 07:59 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

I think we’re at a point where the display of the gay flag needs to be criminalized. They've done it to themselves.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:04 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Lol. Criminalized? Shaking my head -
A straight cis male looking to preserve the culture can dream, cant they?

Old 06-14-2023, 08:11 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
Flying these flags is no different than those that wear the "I voted" or "im vaccinated" stickers; "hey look at me everyone, look at what I support". You dont need the flair to go along with support because after awhile the flair becomes too much. This is exactly how they divide us though, its kind of like when Kramer refused to wear the AIDS ribbon on Seinfeld...we are all wearing the ribbon, why arent you? I guess were going to have to teach you to wear the ribbon, lol.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:12 AM

10,108 posts, read 7,778,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm curious, for those who believe the flag is exclusionary as being against heterosexual, would y'all support the flag flying is another color representing straight people was added? Something tells me the overwhelming majority would still be against said flag.
How crazy. Straight people do not desire a flag showing their sexuality. It's no ones business what people prefer in the bedroom. We don't need flags or parades for sexuality. How stupid. Goodness. What's with you people?

Next will there be race flags? I wouldn't doubt it out of this administration. They LOVE to divide.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:17 AM

5,946 posts, read 2,765,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Great decision by the City of Hamtramck.

Other Cities and Towns take note.

State and Federal as well.
Agreed.

If there aren't restrictions of flag flying, then one day the communists will demand to fly the hammer and sickle flag at government institutions, public areas here in America.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:22 AM

5,946 posts, read 2,765,554 times
The American Flag is all inclusive to every single race, religion, and creed.

Fly the American Flag and it covers all the rainbow flag people.

One flag for all!

Oh and today is June 14th....HAPPY FLAG DAY!

Old 06-14-2023, 08:29 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Key word here is "we." The tail isn't supposed to be wagging the dog. There is no need for a minority to be waving their flag in the face of a majority. A flag dedicated to specific sexual practices does NOT include everyone. In fact, only a rather small minority. It's not a flag that represents me any more than a nazi flag would.

On the other hand, we're all here in the US... thus the US flag. It's not exclusionary and doesn't cater to a minority. Same applies to a state flag.
Flag waving is as old as dirt. The wars, the churches, the sports - the nations, peoples, groups and on n on. We even make up flags with flowers n bunnies in our lawns to say welcome, not to exclude tats, mugs, T-shirt’s, hats, pins and other jewelry. I own a bracelet with all the military emblems.
You can probably google banners or flags and find a zillion. It’s a recognition of the group that is displaying it.
You don’t get to choose which one. If the city wants to curtail its flags to 3 fine, but public areas such as parks and stadiums or even schools. Well that’s for the use of the public.
Anyone thinks criminalizing a flag is prudent, they won’t win that battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies