Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 10:54 AM

78,606 posts, read 60,797,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
A high-ranking Space Force officer has vowed that the Space Force will promote lesser qualified candidates over candidates who come from Red states that pass laws to protect children.

If you come from Florida and want to serve your country, then don't expect to be promoted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-speech.html
That's not what he said.

So now I have to determine whether you did that on purpose or are just not capable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2023, 11:03 AM

35,769 posts, read 21,130,870 times
Quote:
A high-ranking Space Force officer has vowed that the Space Force will promote lesser qualified candidates over candidates who come from Red states that pass laws to protect children.

If you come from Florida and want to serve your country, then don't expect to be promoted.

Well- I’m wondering if he thinks the red team is so very intolerant of others and maybe, just maybe, you know they would have a hard time playing with others, like ETs. I can see his point.

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-16-2023 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: He visto

Old 06-16-2023, 11:20 AM

6,403 posts, read 2,728,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Well- I’m wondering if he thinks the red team is so very intolerant of others and maybe, just maybe, you know they would have a hard time playing with others, like ETs. I can see his point.
How to say you didn't even read the article without telling us you didn't read the article.

The General who made that statement was a woman, or is "he" her preferred pronoun?

Old 06-16-2023, 11:21 AM

23,835 posts, read 12,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This is what she actually said (from the linked article):

'When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job.

'I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor.

'If a good match for a job does not feel safe being themselves and performing at their highest potential at a given location, or if their family could be denied critical health care due to the laws in that state, I am compelled to consider a different candidate, and, perhaps less qualified.

'Those barriers are a threat to our readiness, and they have a direct correlation to the resiliency and wellbeing of our most important operational advantage: our people.'
Someone who is so fearful of how people might perceive them that it would keep them from performing their duties is never a "good match for a job" in the military.

That she thinks people who tend to be fearful are a good match for the military says a lot about her, perhaps she isn't the best match for her position.

Old 06-16-2023, 11:24 AM

25,619 posts, read 17,364,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
How to say you didn't even read the article without telling us you didn't read the article.

The General who made that statement was a woman, or is "he" her preferred pronoun?
Yeah.
Most people just let their knee-jerk reaction do all the attempted 'splaining to the rest of us who did a little follow up and listened to what she said.
Wouldn't matter much if I were President. I would still have her resignation on day 2. She is using her position in an attempt to influence state law.

Old 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM

17,348 posts, read 12,308,352 times
Quote:

You've flipped that entirely on its head.

Qualified candidates may not want to relocate to red states passing oppressive laws.

Old 06-16-2023, 12:26 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,416,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
OP you might want to re read the article you linked.

From the article: Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt explains "When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job.

I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor.

If a good match for a job does not feel safe being themselves and performing at their highest potential at a given location, or if their family could be denied critical health care due to the laws in that state, I am compelled to consider a different candidate, and, perhaps less qualified."
"if a candidate doesnt feel safe"

right there is enough. FIRE THAT IDIOT.

"feel safe"

DEI dirtbag.

Old 06-16-2023, 03:24 PM

13,066 posts, read 9,592,734 times
Quote:

Isn't that a violation of the Hatch Act? As far as I know, the only ones exempt are politicians. Generals are not exempt.

Old 06-16-2023, 03:46 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,855,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Did I miss something in the article ? Are there laws in red states prohibiting transgender individuals ?

Some states prohibit health care for trans people. And is a service member has a trans child that can't get access to health care in a certain state, then that service member isn't going to be sent to that state.

Old 06-16-2023, 03:48 PM

43,274 posts, read 18,419,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
OP you might want to re read the article you linked.

From the article: Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt explains "When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job.

I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor.

If a good match for a job does not feel safe being themselves and performing at their highest potential at a given location, or if their family could be denied critical health care due to the laws in that state, I am compelled to consider a different candidate, and, perhaps less qualified."
Oh you mean abortion for their wife and/or transgender surgery for thieir minors kids ?

Gee what if the candidate didn't care about that as much as you do personally ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies