Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2023, 12:39 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,383,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I am an American, and I believe every American should have the right to access safe and legal abortion should they need one, for a reasonable cost, reasonably near where they reside.

I believe every woman in the world should have that access.
The residents of Texas, or of any other state in this nation, have no obligation to live under your beliefs.

Stop trying to control that which is none of your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
If someone needs to get an abortion, let them get one.
There are no road blocks, moats or barbed wire confining anyone to the state of Texas.

Old 06-29-2023, 12:44 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,277,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The residents of Texas, or of any other state in this nation, have no obligation to live under your beliefs.

Stop trying to control that which is none of your business.
Yeah, exactly my point.

The residents of Texas, or of any other state in this nation, have no obligation to live under your beliefs about abortion.

Stop trying to control that which is none of your business. If a woman in Texas seeks out an abortion, then that is her private medical decision, and none of your business. It's also none of the business of some conservative Republican guy in the Texas legislature. It is her business, not mine or yours or anyone's.

Old 06-29-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah, I feel the same about TN.

It is still kind of early to tell current trends. Statistics it generally takes a few years to gather, analyze and report data. As I said time will tell. If Texas is anything like Tennessee those migrating to TN are generally older couples or retired folks. I'm curious about young singles. But then again it's those who are suffering poverty that are most affected by abortion and those suffering poverty are less likely to be able to up and move to a different state.
My former state of residence was losing population prior to the overturning of RvW. It is on track to continue this. Yet it does not seem willing or able to change the policies that have caused its decline. If Texas abortion policy is such a big deal to so many it will change at some point. My guess is that won't be happening any time soon.

Old 06-29-2023, 12:56 PM

89,096 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
No, they've never had those qualities. A person's life has not started yet, therefore a person's life cannot be ended.
Life begins when energy transformation, growth, and development begins. In humans, that's at conception.

Old 06-29-2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, exactly my point.

The residents of Texas, or of any other state in this nation, have no obligation to live under your beliefs about abortion.

Stop trying to control that which is none of your business. If a woman in Texas seeks out an abortion, then that is her private medical decision, and none of your business. It's also none of the business of some conservative Republican guy in the Texas legislature. It is her business, not mine or yours or anyone's.
That's why roads run in 2 directions. Seek out your abortion somewhere else. Some liberal resident of a state thousands of miles away has no business telling the Texas legislature how it must vote. Don't Washington state legislators have enough to do in matters regarding the state of Washington?

Old 06-29-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Not in all states.
38 states have fetal homicide laws, including very blue California.

Old 06-29-2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Medically necessary is not in the law. The relevant part of the law is:

in the exercise of reasonable medical judgment, the pregnant female on whom the abortion is performed, induced, or attempted has a life-threatening physical condition aggravated by, caused by, or arising from a pregnancy that places the female at risk of death or poses a serious risk of substantial impairment of a major bodily function unless the abortion is performed or induced

Reasonable medical judgement is not defined, nor is risk of death or substantial impairment. No doctor is going to risk their freedom and license by gambling on how those terms would be seen by a jury. And even if the doctor is not convicted, they will have spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on their defense. There are DA's in Texas who would consider any abortion illegal and prosecute.
Where does it say an MD's license will be revoked for performing an abortion in such a situation? IT DOES NOT.

Old 06-29-2023, 01:03 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
That's why roads run in 2 directions. Seek out your abortion somewhere else. Some liberal resident of a state thousands of miles away has no business telling the Texas legislature how it must vote. Don't Washington state legislators have enough to do in matters regarding the state of Washington?
Tell that to the Republican lawmakers and candidates for the presidency that push and would sign a national abortion ban.

Old 06-29-2023, 01:07 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
38 states have fetal homicide laws, including very blue California.
That’s why I said some.

Why can’t you claim a tax dependency for your pregnancy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies