Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 06:11 PM

13,556 posts, read 4,337,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
* His opposition to free trade.
* His contempt for international treaties and partners.
* His Supreme Court nominations, and federal judgeship nominations in general.
* His trade war against China.
* His "renegotiation" of NAFTA.
* His obsession with the border, immigration and [expletive] hole countries.
* His holding Ukraine hostage in the infamous phone call with Zelinsky.
* His foolishly profligate stimulus payments during Covid.
* His blowing-up the nuclear treaty with Iran.

Those are all policy-issues, having nothing to do with Trump's persona, antics, tweets, speeches or election-denialism. Those would be bonus.
We don't have free trade with China. I guess you are ok with the bad trade deals for years. Funny, from a poster from Ohio. I guess you are ok with massive cheap labor to drive wages down. Stimulus checks were approved by the House and U.S. Senate with high approvals. Trump couldn't veto it even if he wanted to.

Funny list.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:15 PM

17,843 posts, read 13,758,305 times
Trump had a 35 year long history of being a public person before he ever ran for Prez...

Didn't like him then because of his unsavory business practices, his constant seeking of the spotlight, the fact that he thought he was Hugh Hefner. His whole persona was off putting. He's just one of those "mile wide and an inch deep" type dudes.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:17 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,667,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
Do you entirely dislike Donald Trump? Let your TDS hang out!

Do you support him, but have some peeves concerning him? Put them here.
Though I did not, and do not find him to be a worthy or acceptable Chief Executive...What I dislike most about Donald Trump is that he hasn't figured out how to make TDS flare-ups always result in instant incontinence.
I hear he is working on that. And buying stock in Kimberly-Clark.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:22 PM

4,899 posts, read 2,697,497 times
he's too orange for me...

Old 06-28-2023, 06:27 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,760,978 times
I don't like the fact he didn't use good judgement when he organized the demonstration on Jan 6 at the Capitol. I can't believe he didn't have the insight to realize everything possible would be done by his enemies to make him look bad on that day, including lack of security, and it turned into a disaster.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:29 PM

29,856 posts, read 24,975,730 times
He is kind of orange...

He is also partially responsible for the mind virus known as TDS, which turns people into mindless hyper reactionary left wing activists and useful idiots, void of any critical thinking capabilities. Our nation's greatest adversaries are likely having a field day manipulating and controlling these people.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:30 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,940,585 times
He created TDS and now vast numbers of formerly reasonable liberals have serious permanent brain damage and are detached from reality
He knew the Democrats were hiring every election lawyer they could and idly stood by and let them rig the election
He allowed Fauci, creator of the Wuhan virus to set all policy related to the pandemic
He brought in a lot of lousy subordinates like Sessions, Devos, Wray and Tillerson. Only Biden has had a worse cabinet.
He took waaaaayyy too long to tell clowns like Comey, “You’re fired!
He picked fights all the time and made enemies that made it difficult to get things done.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:41 PM

5,902 posts, read 3,912,993 times
Judging from his recent presidency, the fact that Trump chose the least competent people he could find to run his administration. He only wants toadies working for him which is perhaps his major flaw as a leader.

And his record of bankrupting his businesses does not inspire positivity either.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:43 PM

9,397 posts, read 14,345,087 times
From Bush Jr to Obama to Trump to Biden I see a lot of continuity in substantive policy issues, some of it an improvement, some of it useless, some of it bad.

Best thing about Trump is that he did not initiate any new foreign military business ventures, and they all hated him for that.

Worst thing about Trump is his own blustering mouth, negating the credibility of some of the better policies, and they all loved him for that.

Old 06-28-2023, 07:18 PM

13,556 posts, read 4,337,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Best thing about Trump is that he did not initiate any new foreign military business ventures, and they all hated him for that.

No wars and no war crimes and not pushing for WW 3. That's a lot more important than if he hurts your feelings or his mean tweets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies