Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 11:06 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogzone2_RibbitUp View Post
The he whole USA chant reminds me of Homer Simpson. A caricature of the simple minded American that only responds to basic stimuli.

What's a "he whole" and why does it remind you of Homer Simpson?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2023, 11:24 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,453,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
He has baggage because the evil left gave it to him. Don't put that on him. The left did that to him so people wouldn't vote for him. Unbelievable that the left actually were successful of changing people's minds not to vote for him. Why are Republicans falling for the lame excuse that he has baggage?

Come on Republicans, we need to stick together and put him in office or we are going to be stuck again with puppet and country hating Cackles. Don't let the baggage the left gave trump sway you not to vote for him. It's what they want. You do that and the left wins again because of our weakness.

Glad to see all the people show up for Trump especially in that area. The Dems fear Trump so much. That right there should tell you how good he will be once again as president.

That long line to see Trump kept going forever. I see it as a good sign. People are sick of what is in the white house now.
"The left" didn't force Trump to ramble nonsense on Twitter every day.

Old 07-01-2023, 11:36 PM

29,856 posts, read 24,972,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
"The left" didn't force Trump to ramble nonsense on Twitter every day.

I wonder if FDR's detractors mocked his fireside chats by calling it rambling nonsense

Old 07-01-2023, 11:44 PM

21,990 posts, read 15,746,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I wonder if FDR's detractors mocked his fireside chats by calling it rambling nonsense
Oh no...Comparing Trump to FDR?

Old 07-01-2023, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogzone2_RibbitUp View Post
I don’t care for mindless jingoism like it’s a sporting event.

To be expected.

The political divide we have today is between American workers and consumers, and while we are all consumers, not everyone is a worker.

For this reason nationalists and globalists have reached an impasse.

Globalists don't need a country to call home because they would be just as happy living is some other country.

Nationalists have no interest in living anywhere except America, so they feel compelled to fight the globalists as they repeatedly attempt to dismantle the institutions, traditions and norms that make the US a place worth calling home.

One of the most important American norms is the respect we show lawful US workers.

We believe that no legal US worker should have to compete for wages with toothless peasants in third-world countries or illegal workers here in America.

After a long series of globalist leaders (Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama) we now have a president that shares our nationalist values, so enthusiasm, even affection, for Trump.

Again, it is to be expected.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans used to claim the mantle of law and order. Trump gets indicted and they love him more. Classified Documents? AWESOME!

Democrats have been conspiring with the permanent state to destroy Trump and his presidency since he announced by accusing him of all sorts of illegal and traitorous acts.

Where I come from, we call that an attempted coup.

It's the stuff of banana republics, so I don't care that he had what the same cast of characters are now claiming he couldn't legally possess.

Get back to me when the FBI helps him destroy evidence and claims "No reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

https://pressofatlanticcity.com/opin...efdf80abd.html

Old 07-02-2023, 12:06 AM

Quote:

It's not a comparison between the FDR and Trump. It's a comparison of different emerging platforms used by passed presidents to convey ideas and deliver their message. Most Americans probably had a radio by the time FDR was doing the fireside chat. And most Americans probably have access to the internet now.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:12 AM

13,535 posts, read 4,333,114 times
Quote:

One of them put Americans in labor camps based on their race but the other one is the one called a racist. Liberals crack me up.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
One of them put Americans in labor camps based on their race but the other one is the one called a racist. Liberals crack me up.

FDR also refused to provide sanctuary for Jews trying to escape nazi Germany. He also refused to bomb the rail lines leading to the extermination camps. It doesn't take much research to find strong evidence that FDR did not care for the Jews. I'm not going to go as far as to say he was antisemitic. I would say, he was unsympathetic towards their plight.

Trump on the other hand, was likely one of the friendliest presidents towards the the Jews. He treated them with more dignity and respect than I recall any president in my life.

So I guess if we do want to compare how these two very different presidents treated minorities, we could.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:27 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Thing is that you can't unite two camps that are diametrically opposed in social economic philosophy. The best solution is a "divorce." But, there are some couples who aren't bright enough to get a divorce before they end up killing one another. That's just the way it is. Too much emotion, not enough logic.
Meaning what, specifically ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies