Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 01:33 PM

1,397 posts, read 680,385 times

Advertisements

Will the Michigan State football and basketball team be retiring the Spartan mascot because of its black players appropriating white culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 01:47 PM

16,579 posts, read 10,686,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Maybe I better clam up. The woke Dem politicians will be yammering for a multi hundreds of millions study to figure out who to pay reparations to.
Allow me to help. They will not pay out reparations to white people. There, I've just saved the researchers from having to incorporate hundreds of millions of potential reparations-recipients from their study. I'll accept a check or a Venmo transfer for my fee, please.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:48 PM

16,579 posts, read 10,686,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
Will the Michigan State football and basketball team be retiring the Spartan mascot because of its black players appropriating white culture?
Don't be silly. Cultural appropriation against white people isn't a thing, because white people have no culture, other than what they stole from everybody else. At least, that's what the Perpetually Offended will claim.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:50 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,659,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
There is so little left for the woke to make noise about, and become noticed.

These bored, attention seeking whores, search and search to find something they can lay claim to. Because the person who can be recognized as the first to virtue signal about some new obscure item of outrage, gets a massive golden calf's worth of virtue signaling clout, to wave around, for their five minutes of fame and glory.
Truly. That do resonate around my brain saying "yesyesyes". LOL Yes indeed the things that are being touted with so much indignant insulted outrage as being "symbols of racism" (of which thousands of new genus related to hundreds of species are discovered each day) are getting noticeably more obscure and generic.

An arrowhead is racist and also cultural appropriation? Well if using symbology tools weapons and all manner of various truck in my life that were either designed by or extensively used by different peoples is "cultural appropriation" ...guilty as charged your Honor. Whenever I go to spend time in the wild places I always have my tomahawk on my belt. Usually paired with my home forged Bowie. The hawk is usually recognized as a weapon heavily favored by N American Indian tribes. Not invented by so much but made famous by at any rate. We have a canoe stashed in a secret spot out on the river. The canoe was an American Indian innovation.

My favorite bow is patterned after an American Indian Flatbow. Eastern/SE tribes. It's longer and not designed for use off horseback like say a Commanche or Kiowa bow. Still an American tribal design at its core. I use a lot of the natural herbs and such as well as food edibles that grow around here. Cuz they're GOOD. Learned about most of them from Indian buddies over the decades. Sooooo....

Am I about to get cancelled?!

Old 07-21-2023, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
All these teams named "Chiefs" just need to put one of those fire helmets on their uniforms and helmets. Problem solved.
Washington Commies could have kept Redskins and put a potato logo on their helmets.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:56 PM

Names that will not be changed because it is not racist to trivialize white people by associating them with a sports team:

USC Trojans
Michigan State Spartans
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Idaho Vandals
Boston Celtics

Old 07-21-2023, 02:22 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,226,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
Names that will not be changed because it is not racist to trivialize white people by associating them with a sports team:

USC Trojans
Michigan State Spartans
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Idaho Vandals
Boston Celtics
Not to mention renaming all 26 States that were named by, as a tribute to, or are a direct reference to Native Americans

Old 07-21-2023, 02:29 PM

9,457 posts, read 11,211,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
All these teams named "Chiefs" just need to put one of those fire helmets on their uniforms and helmets. Problem solved.
Yes, otherwise many poor spoiled babies will cry themselves to sleep tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I think all Indians name on any thing should be retired and changed to something that shares the values of the majority.
Chiefs or Indians etc. is a COMPLIMENT. Like Warriors.

Do you see zoo keepers the world over demanding the Lions and Tigers and Wildcats sports teams change their team names? To what? Cherry Blossoms? Geraniums? Daffodils?

Good Lord, the guilt-riddled projectionist "libs" are doing all they can to tear down every facet of modern American civilization. They don't give a hoot about "cultural appropriation," they just want to bend people to their will.
It's called conquering the enemy. When you knuckle under, they win and civilization and freedom lose.

Old 07-21-2023, 03:01 PM

6,185 posts, read 3,399,135 times
Look, it is kind of dumb that people from many generations ago decided to name their sports teams after Native Americans. All the players and all the fans were mostly white back then. So it was ridiculous to name the team “Chiefs” or “Braves” or Indians” or whatever.

However, since those teams names have been in place for decades, it seems just as ridiculous to change them now and throw away all that tradition.

If the KC Chiefs are still going, I’d ride it out at least until they change.

Old 07-21-2023, 03:19 PM

20,362 posts, read 19,972,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
What did they replace the mascot with? Gimme a minute or two to think about it and I'll find a reason the new one might offend somebody.
How about Dylan Mulvaney?

That seems like a safe bet to mollify SJW types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies