Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 11:36 AM

38,026 posts, read 22,198,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looking into the past I think there is some truth to it, but racial injustice actually existed even in the 60s with "whites only" signs etc. That ended, but the sentiment carried over to the current day, which is why they still talk about it and why BLM exists.
The signs that said "whites only" were in the south, not all over the nation. Public displays of racism against people of color existed 60 years ago, and no, that sentiment did not carry over into the 2000s. No one person is denied the use of a water fountain, bathroom, or any such thing, based upon their race. Not until after the 2008 election, where dems started to endorse racism again, but this time against whites, and Asians

Today there is a new form of accepted racism, from the same political party that filibustered the Civil Rights Act, created the KKK,a and wrote black codes into law. The Democratic Party left of today practice a new anti-white racism. Where whites are told they cannot enter common areas. Whites cannot live in campus housing , participate in college prep classes. Democrats today even hold segregated graduation ceremonies , because the historically racist Democrats want to segregate people for the sin of being born white.

The Democratic Party has ALWAYS been the political party that racists join in order to use the power of government, public and private institutions to carry out acts of racism against people with skin colors or personal views the dems don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 11:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The signs that said "whites only" were in the south, not all over the nation. Public displays of racism against people of color existed 60 years ago, and no, that sentiment did not carry over into the 2000s. No one person is denied the use of a water fountain, bathroom, or any such thing, based upon their race.
Yes, we know it was in the South, and when I said the sentiment and resentment did not die with the removal if segregation. It stayed in their minds. Lot of people who lived it are still around.

Quote:
Not until after the 2008 election, where dems started to endorse racism again, but this time against whites, and Asians
That's what I meant by whites from the populist faction today playing the same victim card, as if they are the persecuted ones. I am white, and I'm not seeing any of it, except when I see people play the victim card in the social media.

Such people have no idea they sound just like the liberals who talk about the same issues

Quote:
The Democratic Party has ALWAYS been the political party that racists join
Whatever you say. You are the expert in Dem affairs, not me. Real life experience proves there are plenty of racism in the pseudo-con ranks too. Heck, we have DeSantis arguing slavery was the awesome.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-25-2023 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-25-2023, 12:08 PM

13,642 posts, read 4,957,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
2023 Dems: “Why do you care if teachers force your kids to learn about kink?”

How far will the goalposts continue to move?
Seems like your thread topic is misdirected. It is Republicans who seem to care what others do in the bedroom. Having failed to outlaw gay marriage, they now want to keep students in the dark about alternative lifestyles.

What a person does in the bedroom is a very tiny fraction of who that person is. This is true for homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. I don't favor teaching small children about the mechanics of sex, but obviously they know that men and women can be attracted to each other, share intimacy and form committed relationships as spouses and parents. All of that applies as well to gay people. Why would you not want a child to know that some people are attracted to their same sex, and form intimate, committed relationships just as straight people do?

Old 07-25-2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
So the people that tell parents they have no say in their children's education, are lecturing republicans about being "submissive" to the government?

Huh? You can't seriously be making this point?
Can you provide us with an example of telling parents they have no say in their children's education?

Old 07-25-2023, 12:12 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,723,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Could have fool me. One would think that trying to make the kids afraid of their teachers, their schools, transgenders etc, would make them more anxious. And looking for someone to save themselves.

As far Conservatives wanting to protect the kids. Like gee, I thought that these days kids are so overprotected that they are smoothened and can't do anything.
Your right kids can't do a single thing.
  • They can't get a license without their parent's permission, and only then at 15 1/2 and only after taking education classes on the responsibility of driving, and having several restrictions until they are an adult.
  • They can't buy alcohol or cigarettes.
  • They can't gamble
  • They can't join the military
  • They can't work in several types of jobs due to the risk.
  • They can't vote.
  • They can't enter into legal agreements.

Oh wait, there is one thing that they can do. They can decide what gender they feel like and whether or not they want to take life changing hormones, or surgeries all without parental permission.

Old 07-25-2023, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Maybe teaching kids that they're oppressors or oppressed is depressing. A story that so much is out of your control is not a message of hope and happiness.

What you mention may be true. But it goes to the other extreme, such as the Florida bill that said:

"An individual should not be made to feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race."

It was suggested therefore that schools can't teach about slavery, because it might make white students feel uncomfortable. Or the most recent from Florida:

"...instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit."

As if blacks should be grateful their ancestors were enslaved.

Old 07-25-2023, 12:54 PM

26,557 posts, read 15,127,776 times
Quote:

Its 99.99% exaggerated for political purposes.

How much time do you spend at your public school to witness all that? Are you a teacher?
You've been propagandized. It's the mainstream media that pretends it never happens.

The arrogance for example to claim that zero of the over 4 million US teachers use CRT. A lot of posters on here bought that obvious BS. Then it shifted to its good that some teachers use it when that lie unraveled.

Old 07-25-2023, 12:58 PM

26,557 posts, read 15,127,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What you mention may be true. But it goes to the other extreme, such as the Florida bill that said:

"An individual should not be made to feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race."

It was suggested therefore that schools can't teach about slavery, because it might make white students feel uncomfortable. Or the most recent from Florida:

"...instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit."

What I mentioned is 100% true.

You bring up a fair point about interpretation, but someone can teach slavery without mentioning racist leftist nonsense like white people are an invasive species, etc. The law in Florida has the teaching of slavery so that would have to change.

Old 07-25-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Yes, we know it was in the South, and when I said the sentiment and resentment did not die with the removal if segregation. It stayed in their minds. Lot of people who lived it are still around.
There are always going to be bigots in society who will choose to discriminate against people according to their politics, religion, ethnicity, race, economic standing, income, education, the list goes on. There will always be people who cannot function in life unless they allow themselves to feel bigger than, and better than you or me.

Is that your point?

Quote:
That's what I meant by whites from the populist faction today playing the same victim card, as if they are the persecuted ones. I am white, and I'm not seeing any of it, except when I see people play the victim card in the social media.
You are "not seeing any of it" because you choose to ignore it. You illustrated this perfectly by editing my post, so you could delete all the examples of racism against white people that I linked to.

CRT teaches white kids in K-12, how awful and nonredeemable they are, simply for being born white. Then they go to college and they find out that their skin color will be used to discriminate against them and segregate them from the racists who hate them for being white. It does not exist n your mind, because you choose not to see it.

Last edited by Wapasha; 07-25-2023 at 01:22 PM..

Old 07-25-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

"It was suggested?" By who, where, when and how? Who ever said slaves should be grateful for being enslaved?

When slavery was ended, the people who were slaves did have skills of their own that allowed them to live independently. Some of the best seamstresses or carpenters were slaves. Human history from all over the world, is full of examples of how the artisans, engineers and craftsmen were slaves. When those slaves were freed, they took their skills with them.

I really do not understand the Democrats sometimes. On the one hand they will say slave labor built the nation. But in their next breath they will scream that slaves did not have any skills, and to mention otherwise needs to be shouted down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies