Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 12:24 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,829,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
They sell Christmas merchandise because millions of people want to buy it and they make enormous revenue and profit from it.

They sell lgbtxyzpqrs merchandise because they want to make a statement about who they are as a company and what they stand for.

Big difference.
I don’t care why they sell it. I just don’t want Christmas crap shoved down my throat for 4 months out of the year. I include Christmas songs in every store, Christmas movies on multiple TV channels, cities and towns who decorate public spaces for Christmas, the endless Christmas commercials and those tacky blow up Christmas characters people stick on their lawns. Why can’t we stick to after Halloween? Now a days we have stupid Christmas in July sales.

It makes me laugh when someone claims there’s a “war” on Christmas. If that’s true, whomever is fighting against Christmas is losing. Badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2023, 12:31 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,829,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Target has been doing it for years with no issues.
What happened this year ?

Well they made it the major focus of their store for June by plastering the entrances full of Pride stuff.
They went out of their way to make sure anyone entering the store saw it.

Don't shove a niche market item in everyone's face.

Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving..fine. Pride...not fine.
Unlike Halloween and Thanksgiving, Christmas is also a niche market. It’s for the Christian community. Pride stuff is for the LGBT Community. Why should the Christian community get to decide that only their niche market is acceptable? Being a religious majority community doesn’t make Christians any less a niche market.

Old 08-16-2023, 12:44 PM

31,111 posts, read 22,155,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Unlike Halloween and Thanksgiving, Christmas is also a niche market. It’s for the Christian community. Pride stuff is for the LGBT Community. Why should the Christian community get to decide that only their niche market is acceptable? Being a religious majority community doesn’t make Christians any less a niche market.
So non-Christians don't celebrate Christmas? News to this Athiest and all my family members who are Jewish, Buddhist and others

Old 08-16-2023, 01:05 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,602,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So non-Christians don't celebrate Christmas? News to this Athiest and all my family members who are Jewish, Buddhist and others
Non christians going to Christmas parties isn't the same as celebrating Christmas .

As someone who works in retail, we have "`winter" items as well as Christmas items for that reason.

Old 08-16-2023, 01:17 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,137,625 times
Until reading about it on CD today, I was never even aware that Target did a pride thing. Glad I've not spent my money in their stores for over ten years now. So many other choices I've utilized. Primarily it's like going into a rat race at that store. I don't like that type of shopping atmosphere. Now I've got two good reasons not to shop there.

Old 08-16-2023, 02:08 PM

25,940 posts, read 18,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
What a totally weak-ass country full of snowflakes this has become.

... I AM EXTREMELY OFFENDED BY ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
... snowflake!

... Be triggered no more! ...

Speaking of being triggered.

Old 08-16-2023, 02:38 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,815,472 times
I think many a CEO is going to have to do some rethinking on how they pursue ESG initiatives, those are what's driving all of this nonsense.

Sleezeballs like Larry Fink think that they know better than the rest of us are behind a lot of this nonsense. Any investment firms and corporations that pursue and push ESG initiatives over fiduciary responsibilities to their investors and shareholders needs to get bounced and be divested.

Old 08-16-2023, 02:39 PM

29,596 posts, read 14,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think many a CEO is going to have to do some rethinking on how they pursue ESG initiatives, those are what's driving all of this nonsense.

Sleezeballs like Larry Fink think that they know better than the rest of us are behind a lot of this nonsense. Any investment firms and corporations that pursue and push ESG initiatives over fiduciary responsibilities to their investors and shareholders needs to get bounced and be divested.
Agreed.

Old 08-16-2023, 02:50 PM

15,878 posts, read 21,481,434 times
This wasn't the first year there was a Pride collection. Who told y'all this was the year to throw a temper tantrum over it?

I don't wail about being accosted by Christmas music for months in Target even though it's not my holiday and celebrates the birth of a blasphemous false prophet that led millions of people to believe that my family and I are going to burn in hell. I even smile and wish people a merry Christmas despite the evil that it represents.

I encourage you all do to the same with the LGBTQ community. They don't harm you nearly as much as Christians harm the rest of us. See in point: the Christian right's response to LGBTQ folks.

Old 08-16-2023, 03:04 PM

17,477 posts, read 14,724,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This wasn't the first year there was a Pride collection. Who told y'all this was the year to throw a temper tantrum over it?

I don't wail about being accosted by Christmas music for months in Target even though it's not my holiday and celebrates the birth of a blasphemous false prophet that led millions of people to believe that my family and I are going to burn in hell. I even smile and wish people a merry Christmas despite the evil that it represents.

I encourage you all do to the same with the LGBTQ community. They don't harm you nearly as much as Christians harm the rest of us. See in point: the Christian right's response to LGBTQ folks.
No one threw a temper tantrum.

People just stopped shopping there.

You sound more angry than the former Target shoppers, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies