Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 07:44 AM

17,377 posts, read 14,618,966 times

Advertisements

Sounds like something hit a nerve. ^

Old 08-19-2023, 07:46 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
His song speaks to the working class. I guess liberals no longer identify with working class people?
They need a boogeyman to function and upon which to stand.

So they have to turn it into a conservative issue.

Old 08-19-2023, 07:46 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, anti-tax and anti-social safety net programs are generally seen as conservative positions.

I have no idea what his politics are, necessarily, and I don't much care either way when it comes to his music.

I read someone refer to him as "Dollar Store Tyler Childers" and thought that was relatively accurate.
“Dollar store Tyler Childers”. Why? Because he’s poor?

Liberals are mad about his line, that goes something like,”If you’re three hundred pounds, we shouldn’t be paying for your fudge rounds” Yet they mock him because he’s poor and also mock poor people who shop at the Dollar Store.

The double standards and blatant hypocrisy are enough to make someone’s head literally explode.

Old 08-19-2023, 07:54 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
This proves that the leftists don't give a damn about the working Man. At one time they would applaud this song. But hey it's about the rich, the filthy rich that live around Washington DC getting rich from our tax dollars.

Plus now a dollar don't go very far. The hate the song because they know that the American people are getting poorer.

Old 08-19-2023, 07:57 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Quote:
“Dollar store Tyler Childers”. Why? Because he’s poor?

Liberals are mad about his line, that goes something like,”If you’re three hundred pounds, we shouldn’t be paying for your fudge rounds” Yet they mock him because he’s poor and also mock poor people who shop at the Dollar Store.

The double standard and blatant hypocrisy are enough to make someone’s head literally explode.

Is he poor? I have no idea. Are you seriously telling me you don't understand the connotation behind calling something "Dollar Store" or "store brand" something else? How about the phrase "a poor man's XXXXX"?

It means, essentially, someone that can be compared to someone else, but is not as good or talented.

Let me help you out:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...Dollar%20Store

An adjective used to describe something as cheap or not of high quality...

Old 08-19-2023, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Is he poor? I have no idea. Are you seriously telling me you don't understand the connotation behind calling something "Dollar Store" or "store brand" something else? How about the phrase "a poor man's XXXXX"?

It means, essentially, someone that can be compared to someone else, but is not as good or talented.

Let me help you out:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...Dollar%20Store

An adjective used to describe something as cheap or not of high quality...
Yes, he is poor.

I understand the analogy. I’m not sure you understand why referring to him as that is a diss at poor people.

I personally like Tyler Childers’ music and I also like Oliver Anthony’s music.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:03 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This proves that the leftists don't give a damn about the working Man. At one time they would applaud this song. But hey it's about the rich, the filthy rich that live around Washington DC getting rich from our tax dollars.

Plus now a dollar don't go very far. The hate the song because they know that the American people are getting poorer.
The song isn't about conservatives or liberals - yet liberals feel like the song is an attack.

Mrs. DRob was saying that among the black social media-sphere, they were claiming the song is racist. Again - liberals feel like it's an attack, and add in that's he's white... equals racist.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Quote:
Yes, he is poor.

I understand the analogy. I’m not sure you understand why referring to him as that is a diss at poor people.

I personally like Tyler Childers’ music and I also like Oliver Anthony’s music.

It's not a "diss[sic] at poor people", you're simply trying to twist it into something it isn't.

I could call Miley Cyrus a Dollar Store Lady Gaga - Miley is a LONG WAY from being poor.

I like Tyler Childers music, too. The talent disparity between the two is obvious, and that was the point.

Have a great weekend, Teri.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The song isn't about conservatives or liberals - yet liberals feel like the song is an attack.

Mrs. DRob was saying that among the black social media-sphere, they were claiming the song is racist. Again - liberals feel like it's an attack, and add in that's he's white... equals racist.
It’s so weird. I don’t get it.

Anyways, I like this song of his even more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9i...p_2X-o&pp=8AUB

So good.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
It's not a "diss[sic] at poor people", you're simply trying to twist it into something it isn't.

I could call Miley Cyrus a Dollar Store Lady Gaga - Miley is a LONG WAY from being poor.

I like Tyler Childers music, too. The talent disparity between the two is obvious, and that was the point.

Have a great weekend, Teri.
It is a diss.

Also, in regards to calling him a “Dollar Store Tyler Childers” and making that claim that he’s a cheap and lower quality version. The music you hear from Tyler is made in a studio, a production involving many people, a lot of money and expensive equipment while this guy set up a camera in his yard and sang songs. Of course it’s not going to be the same quality.

He’s not Tyler Childers though, they are different, both good in their own style and their own right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies