Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 08:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It is a diss.

Also, in regards to calling him a “Dollar Store Tyler Childers” and making that claim that he’s a cheap and lower quality version. The music you hear from Tyler is made in a studio, a production involving many people, a lot of money and expensive equipment while this guy set up a camera in his yard and sang songs. Of course it’s not going to be the same quality.

He’s not Tyler Childers though, they are different, both good in their own style and their own right.
I was right again, you are just looking for an argument.

Pass.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I was right again, you are just looking for an argument.

Pass.
Because I responded to you on a public forum and disagreed with you?

You’re really reaching. I guess I did hit a nerve.

You don’t have to keep announcing that you’re leaving this thread.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:50 AM

1,691 posts, read 612,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The left wing establishment took offense to this song apparently. Dare I say, they felt threatened by it... As if the lyrics call into question their very legitimacy. So you can't associate him with the left or liberalism. They would be much happier if no one ever heard this song to begin with.
The left is more threatened by this song than the right. It’s because the left has become a cult and anything that might speak “ill” against any single part of their being needs to be stamped out immediately. So, because some of this some is speaking against parts of the left, they are attacking this guy and his song. Some left wing news outlets are trying to claim he was a plant by conservatives. They are way out of line these days.

I agree with the OP, in that many of us have a lot in common and want the same things. Neither party is really speaking to us right now.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
The left is more threatened by this song than the right. It’s because the left has become a cult and anything that might speak “ill” against any single part of their being needs to be stamped out immediately. So, because some of this some is speaking against parts of the left, they are attacking this guy and his song. Some left wing news outlets are trying to claim he was a plant by conservatives. They are way out of line these days.

I agree with the OP, in that many of us have a lot in common and want the same things. Neither party is really speaking to us right now.
Agreed, fully. I would even change "many" to "most".

Old 08-19-2023, 08:55 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
You can bet if someone is triggered by this song, they are pseudo intellects with a desire to dismiss what they find beneath them.

You know who you are.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post

I can’t grasp why they hate it so much but I think it’s mainly because people they hate like it. We have become so incredibly polarized.

Old 08-19-2023, 09:13 AM

17,417 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I can’t grasp why they hate it so much but I think it’s mainly because people they hate like it. We have become so incredibly polarized.
Because the general perception of Oliver Anthony by the elite left is that he's part of the unwashed masses.

For whatever reason, the party of the blue collar working man is now the party of the elites. And when given the slightest opportunity, they take it and crap on people they think are beneath them.

Old 08-19-2023, 09:18 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Music that does not evoke emotion is not music. This song hits an emotion chord... no pun intended.

Old 08-19-2023, 09:23 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I can't understand how you can think that the 'eft' hates him.

They are critical of the conservatives latching on to this guy as some kind of role model and espousing their dogma.

The rich running the country -- just rich liberals.

Maybe you folks want to really sit down and think about the song content.

It's not what you think it is.
Tell us what it is... I'm listening.

Old 08-19-2023, 09:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I can't understand how you can think that the 'eft' hates him.

They are critical of the conservatives latching on to this guy as some kind of role model and espousing their dogma.

The rich running the country -- just rich liberals.

Maybe you folks want to really sit down and think about the song content.

It's not what you think it is.
I haven't seen a single soul cite him as a role model. please stop making isht up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies