Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2023, 07:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,763,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It doesn't get much more trivial that that

I have educated myself. You should tell doctors to educate themselves using Breitbart and other sources of yours, because clearly they are as uneducated as I am.

Besides it doesn't matter if they work or not, because a private business or hospital has every right to ask their customers to wear them. People who work at grocery stores deal with thousands of people every day, so they should have the right to protect themselves from you and your germs, and the only way to do that is to ask customers to wear masks.

Sorry, but you don't get to define what I supported, or didn't support. That's for me to do and I already told you, so why do you insist on misrepresenting me?
Cochrane review is considered the gold standard and they concluded masks don’t work. You seem to be the one getting your “science” from talking heads and ignoring actual scientific evidence.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Nope I'll just walk into the store, get my food and get on with my life.
They'd probably not serve you, and a hospital would have you removed from the building.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:26 AM

43,182 posts, read 18,318,340 times
Quote:
They'd probably not serve you, and a hospital would have you removed from the building.
Only if you live in an area with mandates.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:27 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,763,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If one googles covid “news”, you can see media outlets are ramping up the fear for the “latest deadly variant”. Oh but it’s Alex Jones who’s peddling paranoia
They have a new vaccine to sell. Masks were pivotal in selling the firs vaccine. I think that was their whole point.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Only if you live in an area with mandates.
We are talking specifically about businesses and hospitals who mandate masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And so it starts.....

https://www.syracuse.com/health/2023...s-tick-up.html
Syracuse, NY -- Upstate Medical’s two hospitals, University and Community General, reimposed mandatory face-masking Thursday morning after reporting an uptick in Covid-19 cases.
I thought hospitals have mandated masks all along. I know my doctors office still mandates them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Cochrane review is considered the gold standard and they concluded masks don’t work. You seem to be the one getting your “science” from talking heads and ignoring actual scientific evidence.
I get it from doctors.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
LOL you don't know much about business, do you?
The store would absolutely sell me their products, as I said before - there were people walking around without masks 3 years ago and they weren't thrown out of store. They might have gotten some nasty glares from people, but that's a different story and it was a different time. Covid when it first came out was pretty nasty - and we didn't know. At this stage only a brainwashed sheeple would continue to insist that masks did anything. They didn't.

As for the hospital or Dr office - that's different. I have no problem wearing a mask there, and continued to do so without complaint up until my own doctor group eliminated the mandate earlier this year.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:30 AM

43,182 posts, read 18,318,340 times
Quote:

I thought hospitals have mandated masks all along. I know my doctors office still mandates them.

I get it from doctors.
Nope. You having to live with mandates does not mean the entire US have the same mandates.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:30 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,509,103 times
Quote:

Before the pandemic? Not at all. Post pandemic, most don’t anymore unless you have symptoms of a respiratory infection. Private practices do what they want. If their customer base is primarily elderly /high risk they might mandate it to put their customers at ease.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:32 AM

17,674 posts, read 6,934,986 times
Quote:
It doesn't get much more trivial that that

I have educated myself. You should tell doctors to educate themselves using Breitbart and other sources of yours, because clearly they are as uneducated as I am.

Besides it doesn't matter if they work or not, because a private business or hospital has every right to ask their customers to wear them. People who work at grocery stores deal with thousands of people every day, so they should have the right to protect themselves from you and your germs, and the only way to do that is to ask customers to wear masks.

Sorry, but you don't get to define what I supported, or didn't support. That's for me to do and I already told you, so why do you insist on misrepresenting me?
Linus needs his binkie, and you need your mask. Sad.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Cochrane review does NOT say masks do not work. You have been swindeled by social media propaganda.

They said they were not able to conclude if masks reduce the overall community spread. It is known that a masks help reduce the spread from in infected person to a non-infected and its common sense since it contains droplets when you sneeze.

“The low to moderate certainty of evidence means our confidence in the effect estimate is limited, and that the true effect may be different from the observed estimate of the effect.” - Cochrane review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Before the pandemic? Not at all. Post pandemic, most don’t anymore unless you have symptoms of a respiratory infection. Private practices do what they want. If their customer base is primarily elderly /high risk they might mandate it to put their customers at ease.
During and after, not before. I have not been to a hospital lately, but my doctors office mandates them and the urgent care unit does too.

It actually makes me wonder because supposedly mask mandates are now criminalized in Florida hospitals, and yet clinics still mandate them.....

Quote:
.....unless you have symptoms of a respiratory infection......
So, they do believe masks work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies