Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 02:09 PM

8,654 posts, read 4,863,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Forcing anyone to cover up their face because it "might" help someone else's health a bit -- is tyranny.

If you want to live like that, move to Saudi Arabia and bow down to Mecca 5 times a day.
I get the mandate part, but if that’s truly the core of the issue, then there should be a lot more we are railing against. Masks somehow get special treatment as being among the most pernicious of mandates in this country, and that part makes no sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 02:39 PM

1,943 posts, read 571,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I get the mandate part, but if that’s truly the core of the issue, then there should be a lot more we are railing against. Masks somehow get special treatment as being among the most pernicious of mandates in this country, and that part makes no sense to me.
Read any other threads lately?

Old 10-02-2023, 03:29 PM

20,099 posts, read 18,357,718 times
I think some of you all need to understand there is a big difference between a .gov entity demanding one wear masks and say a healthcare provider demanding as much.

My son's surgery practice has required masks for several days now.......there is an armed guard at the front door - no mask no entry period. The .gov has nothing to do with it, senior partners made the call.

ETA-my daughter is in a medical residency...everyone has to mask up as of tomorrow.

Last edited by EDS_; 10-02-2023 at 03:54 PM..

Old 10-02-2023, 04:29 PM

7,883 posts, read 4,154,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Medical advice from medical professionals has been dismally inaccurate as evidenced by backpedalling by Fauci, WHO and CDC. Political talking heads who say they will stop Covid (Biden) hasn't fared any better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5DYknp9cc

Old 10-02-2023, 04:41 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,509,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
RWJ Barnabas, the largest health system in NJ, is masking again. They will require visitors, patients, and staff to mask up. Is anyone seeing similar requirements? Do you think it’s a good idea? I’m seeing a lot of people with non-covid respiratory illness lately.
Last week, one of our people left for home with sniffles and called in with a positive Covid test and half the office masked up, I did not bother.

I am sitting at home right now, I tested positive. Thank God for Paxlovid, the stuff makes it so much more bearable than before.

It's going around. If some companies want to require masks I can see it, especially if they are health systems. I'd hate to be running a health system where people were coming in with bruised knees and wound up catching Covid inside.

Old 10-02-2023, 04:43 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,989,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Forcing anyone to cover up their face because it "might" help someone else's health a bit -- is tyranny.

If you want to live like that, move to Saudi Arabia and bow down to Mecca 5 times a day.
Bingo.

Old 10-02-2023, 04:45 PM

26,258 posts, read 19,172,273 times
Nothing like requiring something that doesn't do ****. I wonder if they will also require a pocket full of posies and a Cracker Jacks charm?

Old 10-02-2023, 06:06 PM

18,484 posts, read 15,933,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

I am sitting at home right now, I tested positive. Thank God for Paxlovid, the stuff makes it so much more bearable than before.
Sorry you're sick and hope you feel well soon. I'm glad Paxlovid is working for you. I've never had to take it and hope it stays that way (knock wood).

Quote:
It's going around. If some companies want to require masks I can see it, especially if they are health systems. I'd hate to be running a health system where people were coming in with bruised knees and wound up catching Covid inside.
I had an appointment yesterday with my primary care doc. I was fully expecting to see the practice require masks, since they were among the last to drop the mask mandate. There was no sign on the door about masking up. I was pleased!

Old 10-02-2023, 06:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,132,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
it's election time.
Um, yeah, in 13 months.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:22 PM

1,065 posts, read 815,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Two of my family members about 3 weeks ago got covid. They were given paxlovid.

There are cases in New York and New Jersey, Michigan, Maine and more are heading on to the list. The elderly should wear a mask if they are going into a crowd. Not a cloth mask, a medical mask an N 95 mask to be effective.

I never put this pandemic in any type of political stance. Use common sense.
Sorry to hear! Did they pass away??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies