Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2023, 04:38 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. There isn't a labor shortage, there's a labor GLUT. That's keeping wages depressed, on top of Biden's 17.4% cumulative inflation rate.

Biden has been an absolute disaster for the working class.

The LFPR is only 62.8%. 37.2%, more than 1/3, of working age Americans don't have jobs.

Men Overran a Job Fair for Women in Tech - Wired Magazine

Record revenues but plummeting profits: The Fortune 500 is trying to tell us something about the state of the economy

At 2:30 in the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSaaNojGBZc
There is also a glut of low paying jobs in this country. Many of them could just fold up and die. Anyone depending on those jobs to be their only source of income also relies on the government/taxpayer to subsidize their living costs. It's not good for our economy or our tax coffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2023, 08:34 AM

748 posts, read 339,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What the hell are you talking about? I would just like to know what kind of jobs the economy has supposedly added in Sept.

This is the same jobs report that has come out every month for decades. If you want to dig in to what types of jobs vs any other month, go do that.

Old 10-08-2023, 08:46 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,698,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
This is the same jobs report that has come out every month for decades. If you want to dig in to what types of jobs vs any other month, go do that.
I would like to know how many are organic openings or artificial jobs created by government subsidies that will dissapear as soon as the funding dries up.

Old 10-08-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I would like to know how many are organic openings or artificial jobs created by government subsidies that will dissapear as soon as the funding dries up.
Again, same as any other month.

Old 10-08-2023, 07:08 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
You started this topic so why aren't YOU interested in what types of jobs they are and what their pay is? I think it's because you want Biden to look good but most likely these are low paying, unnecessary jobs so it's not a good reflection on him.

You either have to sign up for an account of go through a paywall to access more than a paragraph of that article. Much of any job gains are mostly those opening up again after the end of Covid.

I did find that most of those jobs were in leisure and hospitality. Here's the types of jobs that fit that description.......Housekeeping Operations or Hospitality Manager
Hotel Receptionist
Cleaner
Events Coordinator
Personal Trainer

Most of those jobs are low paying ones.

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-08-2023 at 07:17 PM..

Old 10-08-2023, 08:13 PM

20,861 posts, read 9,524,822 times
Quote:
You started this topic so why aren't YOU interested in what types of jobs they are and what their pay is? I think it's because you want Biden to look good but most likely these are low paying, unnecessary jobs so it's not a good reflection on him.

You either have to sign up for an account of go through a paywall to access more than a paragraph of that article. Much of any job gains are mostly those opening up again after the end of Covid.

I did find that most of those jobs were in leisure and hospitality. Here's the types of jobs that fit that description.......Housekeeping Operations or Hospitality Manager
Hotel Receptionist
Cleaner
Events Coordinator
Personal Trainer

In every single jobs report for the past, like, 70 years (at least), the majority of jobs created have been lower-paying, low skilled ones.

The reason for that is because labor-intensive, low skill jobs tend to pay less. Because they are labor intensive, they need to hire more people to get the work done, which is why so many of those jobs tend to get created. They pay less because they are labor-intensive - that is, not only are they low skilled, but employers cannot afford to pay burger flippers and maids $40/hour.

Old 10-08-2023, 11:07 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I thought Hillary was a bit harsh when she called Donald Trump supporters deplorables, but she was right on the money.

They wish the country bad just to spite their political opponents. How deplorable to wish the worst for your country? Very sick way of thinking
She said half of Trump supporters are deplorables (half are in 'the basket of deplorables').

Old 10-08-2023, 11:13 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,764,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
They could keep rates at zero, stop QE, and the problem would solve itself in time. QE was step 2 towards outright monetization....it was monetization without calling it that. Bond yields naturally rise regardless of the fed funds rate if central banks don't act as artificial demand. That's what kept rates low post 2008.

The reason the left is turning a bit on immigration and crime is the problem is finally spilling over and affecting them.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dem-pa...ed-minneapolis

Really their policies hurt blue areas the most. Then they flee to red areas while continuing to vote blue. Their zoning laws create housing shortages. Their loose on crime mentality drastically increases crime. Their anti-car mentality drives away business when you get street cars instead of interstate widening and interchanges...etc. They operate on idealism and idealism doesn't work. Period.
Keeping rates at zero fuels inflation.

As for the rest of your post, you’re all over the place. Please focus

Old 10-08-2023, 11:40 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:

Hotel Receptionist
Cleaner
Events Coordinator
Personal Trainer

Not really. Only low paying jobs in states with low minimum wages which is pretty much all red states.

Old 10-09-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:

Hotel Receptionist
Cleaner
Events Coordinator
Personal Trainer

I never said that I wasn't interested. I simply know that you are deflecting because you want to give credit for the same info when it's for someone you like and discredit when it happens during a president that you don't like. It's the same criteria and caveats every month.

You're being disingenuous and your "concern" is in bad faith.

Oof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies