Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 05:11 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
This is just to funny!

Away back in 1973, I was backstage at a Kinky Friedman show which had Buffy as the second act. My friends wife LOVED Buffy…..was a great fan of hers.

Unfortunately, her husband was a friend of Kinky Friedman.

Kinky opened his act in full Indian regalia singing his hit song “Their not making Jews Like Jesus anymore”

Buffy was so mad she would not even acknowledge anybody that talked to Kinky.

Kinky might have been on to her.
We love Kinky. Attended several of his political events. The Grandkids loved Kinky. Especially They AIn't making Jews...

AFA Buffy, the article indicates her heritage was common knowledge at the time. Her family accepted it was PR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2023, 05:13 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
She should run for Congress in Massachusetts. For some reason, they seem to like their liars, be it Senator Warren or the late Senator Kennedy...
DO you believe what your momma and granny told you? That was Warren's sin.

Then it was too late. I had a concern and researched it. Nowhere did I find her ancestry was any part of her hiring by anybody.

Old 10-29-2023, 05:26 PM

6,023 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
DO you believe what your momma and granny told you? That was Warren's sin.
Yes, and I have the research to back it up. Genealogy is one of my hobbies. In fact, I've proven much of what my grandparents told me to be true, and I've proven that very little of it is not true.

Senator Warren's sin isn't believing what her mother told her. Her sin is not verifying it and exploiting it for her personal gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone
Then it was too late. I had a concern and researched it. Nowhere did I find her ancestry was any part of her hiring by anybody.
No. She claimed she was "American-Indian" on the registration card for the State Bar of Texas, in 1986. There's an actual picture of the card imbedded in one of the links of this article:

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/16/17983...can-indian-dna

She may very well have some Indian in her family tree, but certainly not close enough to make any claims over it.

It, too, had been passed down in my family that there was some Indian on my father's side. How this information came about, I do not know. But, I did the research, and to my satisfaction, I can prove through documents that my thirteenth-great grandmother (I think. She may be an eleventh) was an Indian from a tribe on Long Island in the early 1600's (1620-ish).

Not once did I ever claim to be Indian before I conducted my research, and I still don't claim to have Indian blood in me, because it was so long ago.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:11 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
What is it with the state of MA? First that nutter Lizzy "Big Squaw" Warren, and now this loser?

Somehow, I'm not shocked that she started her grift on Sesame Street on PBS. I'm shocked she didn't attempt to pass herself off as trans, offering to open her teepee to show everyone her peepee.

It takes a really mentally ill person like this -- or like Ms. "I'm gonna have me a beer" Warren -- to be exposed as the liar you are, and just not care. Any decent person would never have attempted such a con.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:45 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Yes, and I have the research to back it up. Genealogy is one of my hobbies. In fact, I've proven much of what my grandparents told me to be true, and I've proven that very little of it is not true.

Senator Warren's sin isn't believing what her mother told her. Her sin is not verifying it and exploiting it for her personal gain.

No. She claimed she was "American-Indian" on the registration card for the State Bar of Texas, in 1986. There's an actual picture of the card imbedded in one of the links of this article:

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/16/17983...can-indian-dna

She may very well have some Indian in her family tree, but certainly not close enough to make any claims over it.

It, too, had been passed down in my family that there was some Indian on my father's side. How this information came about, I do not know. But, I did the research, and to my satisfaction, I can prove through documents that my thirteenth-great grandmother (I think. She may be an eleventh) was an Indian from a tribe on Long Island in the early 1600's (1620-ish).

Not once did I ever claim to be Indian before I conducted my research, and I still don't claim to have Indian blood in me, because it was so long ago.
Correct. People in general, and politicians in particular because they're under a magnifying glass, should be very careful about their claims, especially if the claims make them look better in most people's minds. I always considered having a little American Indian blood was an honor, and was disappointed to find out that I don't have any.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:53 PM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Famous song writer and indigenous representative caught living a life of one big lie after a 60 year old ruse.
Another Rachel Dolenzal or Elizabeth Warren

Are these people just nuts
She could have been just been an Advocate of Indigenous causes, but just had to jump the shark and become an all out fake like Warren and Dolenzal.

https://www.cbc.ca/newsinteractives/...y-sainte-marie
I liked her song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIr5y429BY

Movie was good too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h8G7n3aLPM

Old 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Buffy Sainte-Marie is 82 years old. She has had a long and productive career, rising up from whatever background she had and is recognized as a Cree. She is a talented and strong advocate for indigenous rights and social justice. She likely has European ancestry as well as Indian. It will take a DNA test to find out if she cares enough to do it. Her Massachusetts mother identified as part Indian. The singer/songwriter often said she was unclear on her exact heritage but identified, lived, worked and was accepted as a member of the Cree family. I recall being introduced to her music in high school in the 1960s as part of an English literature class that looked at popular music as well as traditional classic literature. This was during the folk music "craze" when she, along with Harry Belafonte and others were popular. She had a very long career. Why these allegations are being made now is peculiar since she has recently retired from active performances.

So, who the hell is Heidi Sainte-Marie and what has she done?

Old 10-29-2023, 08:37 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Add Sacheen Littlefeather and Iron Eyes Cody.

Old 10-29-2023, 08:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
She certainly looks the part - high cheekbones, etc.

So did my paternal grandmother. She looked just like the "Indian squaws" you'd see in the movies and on television.

But I recently did both Ancestry and 23andMe DNA tests, and I'm totally northern England/Scotland/with a small percentage of other northern European. 0% Native American and 0% Sub-Saharan African. So I'm just a plain old white European, but my lineage goes back at least to the early 1700s in the US. I haven't had the time to research beyond that.
She certainly does. I don't see how anyone who was dealing with her would have reason to doubt her claims.

Rocket, I'm not sure you can totally rely on DNA tests, because not that many native Americans have participated in voluntary DNA testing. There's a thread about that right now on this forum, how many cultures haven't submitted their DNA into this research pool to make it accurate.

Last edited by ClaraC; 10-29-2023 at 09:03 PM..

Old 10-29-2023, 09:22 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Buffy Sainte-Marie is 82 years old. She has had a long and productive career, rising up from whatever background she had and is recognized as a Cree. She is a talented and strong advocate for indigenous rights and social justice. She likely has European ancestry as well as Indian. It will take a DNA test to find out if she cares enough to do it. Her Massachusetts mother identified as part Indian. The singer/songwriter often said she was unclear on her exact heritage but identified, lived, worked and was accepted as a member of the Cree family. I recall being introduced to her music in high school in the 1960s as part of an English literature class that looked at popular music as well as traditional classic literature. This was during the folk music "craze" when she, along with Harry Belafonte and others were popular. She had a very long career. Why these allegations are being made now is peculiar since she has recently retired from active performances.

So, who the hell is Heidi Sainte-Marie and what has she done?
Well...who she is is Buffy's niece, the daughter of Buffy's brother, and she says she has DNA showing she is related to Buffy's son and that there is no indigenous blood in them.

Here is an interesting take from an indigenous person on how they were affected by the revelation.

https://theconversation.com/revelati...-canada-216602
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies