Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisjusticeman View Post
ehh, i got a news for you silas, i noticed that all your replies about our foriegn policy revolves somehow around Israel, not only in this thread but almost any other. So here is the news, are you prepared?!!! I could care less what happens to Israel, i'm thinking about the US and the US only. Our envolvment with Israel is causing us all the trouble we are facing in the world. This state is nothing but a leech that is sucking our blood out, and instead of fighting it, we are wecloming it.

So please, if you want to make a point about why it is ok to consider Iran an enemy, I would at least expect you to pretend to care for America's interests not Israel's. Maybe it has not dawned on you yet, but Israel now is being compared to the appartied state that existed in South Africa, and it is not far away from being compared to the Nazi state of Germany that existed merely 60 years ago.

Call me crazy, but I don't like my country to be associated with such a state.
Really no way or reason to respond to this except to say, your whacked! Comparing Israel to South Africa or nazi Germany! If you really believe that, it tells us more about where your at than anything else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 07:51 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
ehh, i got a news for you silas, i noticed that all your replies about our foriegn policy revolves somehow around Israel, not only in this thread but almost any other. So here is the news, are you prepared?!!! I could care less what happens to Israel, i'm thinking about the US and the US only. Our envolvment with Israel is causing us all the trouble we are facing in the world. This state is nothing but a leech that is sucking our blood out, and instead of fighting it, we are wecloming it.

So please, if you want to make a point about why it is ok to consider Iran an enemy, I would at least expect you to pretend to care for America's interests not Israel's. Maybe it has not dawned on you yet, but Israel now is being compared to the appartied state that existed in South Africa, and it is not far away from being compared to the Nazi state of Germany that existed merely 60 years ago.

Call me crazy, but I don't like my country to be associated with such a state.
Actually, General Petreus concerns about Iran, which led to the discussion about possible military action, have nothing at all to do with Israel:

In an interview with BBC world affairs editor John Simpson, Gen Petraeus said violence in Iraq was being perpetuated by Iran's Quds Force, a branch of the Revolutionary Guards.

"The rockets that were launched at the Green Zone yesterday, for example... were Iranian-provided, Iranian-made rockets," he said, adding that the groups that fired them were funded and trained by the Quds Force.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran 'behind Green Zone attack'

Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Because we have already been duped into one war with this same kind of propaganda. You can only play the same card so many times before people start to think you have an extra deck under the table. And I don't want to blame America, just the corporate clones running our government. People will only except so many lies before they call MOD CUT. And this new FOXNews headline wreaks of it.
You may want to reconsider your sentiment, Israel officials warned the US against the war in Iraq prior to it starting:

The head of the Israeli army has warned of an "earthquake, which will reshape" the Middle East if America goes to war with Iraq.
Lieutenant-General Moshe Yaalon told an Israeli newspaper that while he expected America to launch a strike, he was more concerned about attacks by Palestinian militants than any danger posed to Israel by Iraq.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel warns of Iraq war 'earthquake'

Old 06-04-2008, 08:16 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
The very fact that there is a discussion on whether or not we should use nuclear weapons against another nation for what they might do just indicates how isolated and detached from reality we are.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:36 PM

250 posts, read 335,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Should we turn Iran into a giant mirror, just get it over with?
Yes, after we prepare to do the same to all the muslim nations who attack us after Iran has been crystalized. But we should wait for the catalyst, Israel. Once Israel has been attacked, let the ICBMs fly and reload for whomever wants to play. It's that, or live in fear. Bring it on.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:38 PM

250 posts, read 335,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
You may want to reconsider your sentiment, Israel officials warned the US against the war in Iraq prior to it starting
A military officer is neither a politician nor a spokesman.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:42 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The Iranians’ hate the Iraqis. Why shouldn't they supply the weapons their enemy is using to destroy themselves? To also hurt us but that is a collateral damage.

We should just get out and not NUKE anybody.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
Quote:
So, you don't care about the 6,370,000 people outside of the United States? selfishhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 06-04-2008, 01:19 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
Hmmm, is this a good moment to mention the Golden Rule?

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

Now let's think on this...Here's our country with nuclear weapons (weapons of mass destruction--proven beyond a shadow of a doubt) and a history of past aggression in the Middle East...now let's reverse the question raised in this topic, Should we nuke Iran? and and re-phrase it into, "Should Iran Nuke the U.S.?"

I think not--in both cases. Violence begets more violence...remember we were told about the War to End All Wars? Kind of didn't work, did it? Never does.

I want our country to be statesmanlike...we're a civilized nation, aren't we? Let's use our heads and words instead of violence.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Violence begets more violence.
Just like Hatred only breeds more Hatred, it feeds on itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies