Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 05:46 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,036,923 times

Advertisements

I don't know a whole lot about Hogan but I do know he was a very popular governor and he is not a fanatic Trump supporter. It easy to see why moderates and independents like him. He knows BS when he sees it. MAGA's will attack him at every chance.

Old 02-09-2024, 05:52 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Of course he is. I don't like this trend of certain Republicans refusing to vote for a Republican because they're "too moderate" when they're in a Democratic state like Maryland. He's the best for a Republican you're going to get and that should be reason enough to vote for someone like him.

It's the same thing with Senator Collins in Maine. I would proudly vote for her if I lived there. Why? Because she's better than any Democrat.

You have to be realistic.
Collins is more Democrat then some Democrats.

Old 02-09-2024, 05:59 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Of course he is. I don't like this trend of certain Republicans refusing to vote for a Republican because they're "too moderate" when they're in a Democratic state like Maryland. He's the best for a Republican you're going to get and that should be reason enough to vote for someone like him.

It's the same thing with Senator Collins in Maine. I would proudly vote for her if I lived there. Why? Because she's better than any Democrat.

I don’t know. With a democrat you know what you’ll get. With a Rep that acts like a dem, you entrust them to do certain things but they vote with the enemy anyway. I’d rather be stabbed in the front than the back.

Old 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I don’t know. With a democrat you know what you’ll get. With a Rep that acts like a dem, you entrust them to do certain things but they vote with the enemy anyway. I’d rather be stabbed in the front than the back.
Yep, and then the media can crow about all the "bipartisan" bills, which are actually Marxist/Democrat bills, that destroy the country with the support of slugs like Grimace.

Old 02-09-2024, 06:32 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/polit...and/index.html

Mitt Romney part 2 running in Maryland.

There's no way in hell I would vote for Grimace if I still lived in Maryland, but I guess he'd be better than the Democrat.
Well ... um ... DUH!!!

Isn't that what your supposed to do in any election- vote for the better candidate?

Hogan is no Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz but those guys would never stand a chance in Maryland. Hogan has a decent shot.

And please, tell me how Mitt Romney was worse than Barack Obama?

Old 02-09-2024, 06:46 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Hogan was the best Governor Maryland has had in my life time. I'm a registered independent voter and centrist, as well as a lifelong Maryland resident. I will absolutely vote for Hogan for US Senator.
Under Hogan, in 8 years, the State of Maryland budget rose from $40B to $58B. Hogan wasn't calling the shots. That's why he's so popular among Democrats and independents.

Hogan sees the writing on the wall and just wants a platform from which he can criticize Trump.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:56 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Collins is more Democrat then some Democrats.

On abortion but she is a Rockefeller Republican. She is a Mitt Romney when he was in MASS as governor. That's the only Republicans that can win in that part of the nation.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:59 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
Sotomayor got your back.......
She did indeed, good for our SCOTUS' resident Latina.

Old 02-09-2024, 08:39 PM

5,995 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:

Yep, they have a saying that covers your thinking. It's called "Don't let the PERFECT be the enemy of the GOOD." I agree with that.

Old 02-09-2024, 08:44 PM

5,995 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
It's not a matter of "knowing what you'll get." It's a matter of either getting MOST of what you want or getting NONE of what you want? Which would you rather have?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies