Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 03:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Just stop already. No one said that the walls stopped 100% of the illegals.
You are purposefully being obtuse.

The individual in question asked for a video where illegals scaled the new wall. I then provided it. the individual then changed their argument to only wanting to discuss whether the wall design reduced entry.

I have no problem debating wall deisgn, but that wasnt what that person asked for originally.they asked to see someone scaling the wall, were showing it, and they were proven wrong and then changed their argument.

Quote:
There's a big difference between someone managing to scale the wall and get caught once he reached the other side or the ones who did scale it and fell to their death and throwing the border wide open and letting thousands enter the country unimpeded.
The border isnt thrown open. we didnt take down the fencing or the walls.

Old 02-07-2024, 03:41 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
The left is anti science. They have predrawn conclusions: diversity is a strength, always- immigration is a strength, always. Any evidence to the contrary shouldn't be looked at on the merits, but shouted down.

Old 02-07-2024, 03:54 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are purposefully being obtuse.

The individual in question asked for a video where illegals scaled the new wall. I then provided it. the individual then changed their argument to only wanting to discuss whether the wall design reduced entry.

I have no problem debating wall deisgn, but that wasnt what that person asked for originally.they asked to see someone scaling the wall, were showing it, and they were proven wrong and then changed their argument.

The border isnt thrown open. we didnt take down the fencing or the walls.
I'm not being "obtuse".

That poster works for the BP. Don't you think that he is well aware that walls aren't 100% effective? For example, I saw the Berlin Wall up close. Even though it was difficult to scale (do some research if you don't believe this) a small number of people did manage it.

Anyone who doesn't think the border has been thrown open is either not keeping up with what's going on or is being willfully ignorant. You don't know that the BP was forced to cut through the concertina wire to allow "migrants" to enter. Plus the Biden administration hasn't a clue as to the exact numbers of got aways.

Just give it up already Buh Bye!

Old 02-07-2024, 03:56 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Default Why do Democrats not see the downside of open boders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Excuse me if this has been discussed as I couldn't find it but found this youtube video as well as reports about this incident and many others. I don't understand the rational of some Democrats who support open borders. These incidents shouldn't have happened but can happen to anyone or their families no matter your political affiliation.

This particular joker should never see the light of day and yet has crossed the border illegally multiple times. Dems - wise up - this could be you or yours. The border has got to be secure - you are allowing this with your rainbow and unicorn way of thinking.

Mind you - like the Democrat said who voted no - there are already laws on the books - but we aren't enforcing them and having an open border makes the law useless as they just come right back in

I've included an article that is not politically biased for those not willing to watch a YT video with a :conservative"

https://lawenforcementtoday.com/drun...-woman-and-son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezo_P2uRNWY
I think the Democrats do see the downside of their policy of supporting open borders. They see that first they began losing working- and middle-class Whites, now they are losing Hispanics and even the first signs of losing Black Americans.

But because a large part of the Far-Left support open borders and they are the ones who are most likely to come out to vote in the Democratic primaries, they have more influence on the Democratic party then they should. So many Democratic politicians are more afraid of losing the primaries to extremists in their own party than worrying about losing votes in the general election in November.

The problem is that not enough average Democrats, both liberals and moderates, are voting in the primaries so that leaves mostly the Far Left nutjobs running the show.

Old 02-07-2024, 03:59 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
...They see that first they began losing working- and middle-class Whites, now they are losing Hispanics and even the first signs of losing Black Americans.
Let's generalize your point. It is asserted that the Democrats are losing working-class Whites, middle-class Whites, Hispanics and Blacks. Who is left (no pun intended)? I am to some extent asking rhetorically, as I have a prepared answer. But before springing it, I'm curious to see what our esteemed participants in this thread think.

Old 02-07-2024, 04:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm not being "obtuse".

That poster works for the BP. Don't you think that he is well aware that walls aren't 100% effective?
What does that have to do with the fact that the poster asked for a video of someone scaling the wall ?????????

you keep trying to side step that part. I simply did what was asked.

Old 02-07-2024, 04:36 PM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Why will Republicans not pass the bipartisan border bill that ends catch and release?
Oh, they want to make it an election talking point for Trump.
The Republicans own the border problems now.
If you'd actually read the thread instead of skimming and then jumping in with your opinion - you would have seen I posted exactly what was contained in the bill which was money being spent elsewhere than on border protection and why Republicans won't sign the bill and I don't blame them. Saved yourself some humiliation.

Old 02-07-2024, 04:40 PM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the fact that the poster asked for a video of someone scaling the wall ?????????

you keep trying to side step that part. I simply did what was asked.
You actually did what was asked - literally - meanwhile you knew what the poster meant. It's called critical thinking and why Dems always fail in their responses. Don't take everything literally and post something with dozens sailing over the wall if you want to prove your point.

Old 02-07-2024, 05:14 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Remain in mexico doesnt stop them from crossing the border. it means when caught , we take them to a detention center and then they are released in mexico, they are then free to try and cross again.
Where are you getting you false information from? All that the illegals crossing the border have to do when they get caught is claim asylum and they are in.

Quote:
In short, nothing actually changed with that policy.
b.s.
Quote:
Anyways, you didnt actually refute my claim. You want to try again ?
Yeah, I did. It's no one's fault but your own that you don't like the answer. The bill they are pushing now is crap. HR2 needs to be passed and Biden* reversing his decisions are what needs to be done.

Old 02-07-2024, 05:16 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Why didn't Trump pass a permanent bill when he had the house and the senate. Executive orders are just bandaids. The boarder has been opened for years and both parties have ignored it. The only thing that is different is the type of people who are crossing the border. It use to be mostly Mexicans and now it is South Americans, Chinese, Caribbeans and everyone else.
Were you just not paying attention during that time? Both D's and R's were against everything he'd wanted to do.

It always used to be people from all over the world, now it's just more of them. many, many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies