Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 09:08 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,561,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are dropping impeachment, put a fork in it, its over.
Only because they know the Dems will let him slide.

Quote:
They are now claiming they are sending criminal referrals to DOJ for all that solid evidence in their possession.
*Will be.

No sense sending it right now since Garland will do nothing.

Quote:
No rational human believed this was a real investigation.
Yet, they have enough that shows it should be sent for a criminal referral. whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 11:11 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,797,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Only because they know the Dems will let him slide.
If that was the only reason the last 3 impeachments would not have happened. It was evident each time that there would not be enough votes to get the two-thirds needed to convict.

Quote:
Yet, they have enough that shows it should be sent for a criminal referral. whether you like it or not.
It doesn't seem that the referral could be for Biden. First of all, impeachment should be for an act that happened while the person was president. Secondly, if the claim is for something done while he was president, why wouldn't be covered by Presidential Immunity as Trump has argued? I thought that Trump 's stance was that anything that the President does while in office is immune from prosecution.

Old 03-23-2024, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
If that was the only reason the last 3 impeachments would not have happened. It was evident each time that there would not be enough votes to get the two-thirds needed to convict.
Yes the impeachments would have still happened. All the Dems cared about was having something, anything, that they could claim as a win, to try to smear Trump.

Quote:
It doesn't seem that the referral could be for Biden.
Why not?

Quote:
First of all, impeachment should be for an act that happened while the person was president. Secondly, if the claim is for something done while he was president, why wouldn't be covered by Presidential Immunity as Trump has argued? I thought that Trump 's stance was that anything that the President does while in office is immune from prosecution.
What do you believe Biden's* actions were while president that he should be immune for?

Old 03-23-2024, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Yes the impeachments would have still happened. All the Dems cared about was having something, anything, that they could claim as a win, to try to smear Trump.
And why did the Clinton impeachment go forward? Did Republicans really think that they had a shot at 67 votes?

Quote:
Why not?
A referral for Biden for something that he did as President would undermine the position that Trump is trying to make. If it is something that he did as a private citizen, then I don't think Congress has jurisdiction, and as far as I can recall, there aren't calls to impeach him for things done as vice president

Quote:
What do you believe Biden's* actions were while president that he should be immune for?
If Biden did something illegal as president he should be charged. I'm asking how you can want Biden to be charged but agree that Trump shouldn't be charged only because he was President

Old 03-23-2024, 01:35 AM

Quote:
And why did the Clinton impeachment go forward? Did Republicans really think that they had a shot at 67 votes?
I have no idea. But this is not about Clinton ... or Trump either for that matter.

Quote:
A referral for Biden for something that he did as President would undermine the position that Trump is trying to make. If it is something that he did as a private citizen, then I don't think Congress has jurisdiction, and as far as I can recall, there aren't calls to impeach him for things done as vice president
Why would a criminal referral only have to be for things he'd done as president and not for things he'd done as senator and VP?

Quote:
If Biden did something illegal as president he should be charged. I'm asking how you can want Biden to be charged but agree that Trump shouldn't be charged only because he was President
"Trump shouldn't be charged only because he was President"? I'm not understanding exactly what it is that you're asking.

That Trump shouldn't be charged because he had classified docs? Did he? Were they actually classified when he'd taken them?

Old 03-23-2024, 01:53 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Johnson might not even be speaker soon with the loss of Mike Gallagher in less then 20 days he is leaving. That leaves the republicans with a 1 seat advantage. How is he planning on getting a vote passed to impeach with 1 seat advantage.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:00 AM

Quote:
I have no idea. But this is not about Clinton ... or Trump either for that matter.

Why would a criminal referral only have to be for things he'd done as president and not for things he'd done as senator and VP?

"Trump shouldn't be charged only because he was President"? I'm not understanding exactly what it is that you're asking.

That Trump shouldn't be charged because he had classified docs? Did he? Were they actually classified when he'd taken them?
Since you continue to refuse to acknowledge that Trump is being charged with refusing to return documents (regardless of classification status) and attempting to hide them when they came to get them, it's no longer productive to continue this discussion.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Since you continue to refuse to acknowledge that Trump is being charged with refusing to return documents (regardless of classification status) and attempting to hide them when they came to get them, it's no longer productive to continue this discussion.
Whatever, dude. But just an FYI, this thread is NOT about Trump...so your deflection to Trump, in your defense of Biden*, was not productive to begin with.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:50 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Maga Moses needs a "deep dive" in order to figure out Republicans got nothing here?

Why doesn't he just ask Gym Jordon? Surely, that guy has done a "deep dive."

Old 03-23-2024, 06:37 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:

I guess you still believe that the impeachment over Jan 6 was lacking in facts.

Trump smeared himself pretty good, he didn't need any help.

This is over, you might be the only one that still believes this has legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies