Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 12:28 PM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times

Advertisements

Time will tell...

Quote:
Will DEI End America—or America end DEI?

...The greatest problem historically with hiring and promoting based on DEI-like dogma is that anti-meritocratic criteria mark the beginning, not the end, of eroding vital standards. If one does not qualify for a position or slot by accepted standards, then a series of further remedial interventions are needed to sustain the woke project, from providing exceptions and exemptions, changing rules and requirements, and misleading the nation that a more “diverse” math, or more “inclusive” engineering, or more “equity” in chemistry can supplant mastery of critical knowledge that transcends gender, race, or ideology.

But planes either fly or crash due to proper operation, not the appearance or politics of the operator. All soldiers either hit or miss targets, and engineers either make bridges that stand or collapse on the basis of mastering ancient scientific canons and acquired skills, training, and aptitude that have nothing to do with superficial appearance, or tribal affinities, or religion, or doctrine.

The common denominator of critical theories, from critical legal theory to critical social theory, is toxic nihilism, which claims there are no absolute standards, only arbitrary rules and regulations set up by a privileged, powerful class to exploit “the other...”
https://amgreatness.com/2024/03/25/w...erica-end-dei/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 12:31 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
KISS engineering. I don't suppose many of these corporate robot senior managers know anything about what that means.

As long as Boeing cater to the stock holders and ignore the engineers nothing is going to change. This is what happens when dividends are placed over safety.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
That’s corporate America today. Management ranks filled with clueless nitwits. Back in the day you worked your way up so you knew a little bit about all the operations going on underneath you.

I always found it amusing if you were among the rank and file you were essentially stuck in that field for a lifetime. If you are an executive however you can bounce around from one completely different industry to another. Even if you don’t have a clue about the industry you are supposed to be winning. Then people wonder why companies are such train wrecks today

Old 03-25-2024, 12:39 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Please hire the best people for the job and not just by the color of their skin.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:42 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
As long as Boeing cater to the stock holders and ignore the engineers nothing is going to change. This is what happens when dividends are placed over safety.
That is not the problem. Stop believing that sad tired propaganda story.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:51 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We had plenty of them in tech...I called them the "Chart people".
Ha..."chart people" that is great, and describes senior management to a T.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:59 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Well… not much to choose from now. All the good managers that knew what they were doing are retired

Old 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM

7,334 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You know what's funny.....all my life , I've always been of the mindset that a woman can do pretty much anything a man can do. We are equals. My own wife though, basically thinks as you do. Women shouldn't be CEO's, and she also doesn't like the idea of a woman as POTUS.

Oddly enough, my wife is in a management position, Lol
Your wife's feelings are shared by my wife, my mother (passed at age 97) and my MIL (age 91.)

Old 03-25-2024, 01:15 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,086,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why are they trying to run his vaunted and once-prestigious company into the ground?
It started long ago when Boeing put subterfuge above engineering to win large military contracts, and it attracted a lot of sketchy people to the management team. The commercial side of the house was doing well in Seattle, so the corporate folks decided they needed to move their HQ to Chicago, a bonehead move that is hard to explain on the basis of any management theory I know.

Old 03-25-2024, 01:20 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Yes, by all means, let's triple down on the DEI thing. It should go well.

While all this is going on and planes are falling, don't look over here at the medical mistake industry. I hear medical school admissions are now based on DEI, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies